So....is -40C(-40F) cold enough?

Moderator: ACOT Employee

CherryTat
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 492

Re: So....is -40C(-40F) cold enough?

Post by CherryTat »

Northern Brat wrote:That's the temperature where I live today...and to make things colder...it's actually -52C (-61.6F) with the windchill!!!

You know it's cold when my logs on the house are making noises!

Geez, and we thought we had it bad in Newfoundland!! It was a balmy -3C here today! That's good for this time of the year all the same.
Image      Image    Image 

My blog...My tattooed paper heart
writerlady
Bowl Full of Cherries
Gallery: 448

Post by writerlady »

Ugh - that's way too cold for me.
Please stop by my blog,Writerlady's Craftroom

scrappininAK
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 1886

Post by scrappininAK »

Brrr - hope you're home by the fire warm and cosy
Heather

My Blog Unleashed
My Etsy Store CutMania
CutMania Newsletter Sign Up
sherry
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 1

Post by sherry »

Northern Brat wrote:
sherry wrote:I cannot imagine. Our windchill was down to -4 this week and it felt unbearable. How can you stand such a cold winter? Do the schools close for those kind of temps? They sure would here. How much snow do you get? Just curious- I could not live somewhere that cold. I am sure it is beautiful in the spring & summer, but winters like that would be killer.
I can't stand a cold winter like this! Some years, we have 3 months of -30ish weather. They are saying that it's going to get to -10C this week...we'll see! We don't have alot of snow, but some years our snow banks are 8 feet or more!
Spring and summer are beautiful...especially by the lake! School isn't shut down otherwise the kids would never get there! Last year we had our first snow day EVER, we had warm temps, but the amount of snow was crazy. They shut it down as a danger to kids walking in the streets to get to school. Recess gets to be indoor recess when the temp is -28C or colder!

Thank you for answering my questions- it's amazing to me they don't shut down school. We have had school shut down, usually one day per winter, for it being too cold- somewhere down around zero. We also usually get 3 or 4 more days off during the winter for snow conditions- but around here, a 6" snow is a big deal. It's very interesting to me how people take things in stride when they are used to them....good luck staying warm this winter. I can imagine it is gorgeous once the snow is gone, you certainly would deserve it.
Heidi1154
Cherry Bomb
Gallery: 21

Post by Heidi1154 »

Minus 9 is cold enough here.
Couple of days ago with the windchill it was -24.
We are suppose to warm up to the 40's by the end of next week so something to look forward to.
Try and keep warm!

ImageImageImageImageImage

Cassel
Cherry Tart

Post by Cassel »

OH i know that kind of weather! a couple of years ago, schools were closed 11 times in January for temperatures below -35!!! Kids loved that!
JulianaM
Cherry Bomb
Gallery: 259

Post by JulianaM »

WOW! That is cold...cold that I can not even begin to imagine! Certainly makes me happy to live a bit more south! :-D
Wheeliegirl
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 131

Post by Wheeliegirl »

AnnOminous wrote:I just couldn't handle that kind of cold. I would probably have some sort of a breakdown or anxiety attack.
Me too!
ImageImageImageImage
-Donna-
wahoo_mom
Cherry Garcia
Gallery: 195

Post by wahoo_mom »

It's suddenly feeling much warmer here. Thank you!
Heidi
Image ImageImageImage
letumom
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 846

Post by letumom »

Gee, and I complain if it goes below 50F. You can keep all that white stuff and cold air up north, please!
Laurie

Return to “General Talk”