We're celebrating World Card Making Day with 20% off the regular price of everything! Use code CARDS20

MOM2SNOX

A Cherry on Top

Re: I almost had my wallet stolen.
Holy Cow Leslie! You need to move to a safer state! You reacted about the same as I would have! When I get angry, I get spitting mad! I don't think about the consequences until afterwards. Wish I were closer... I'd have your back :) *hugs*
Trish ~ It's all fun and games until somebody loses an EYELET!

lilkoala3

Bowl Full of Cherries

MOM2SNOX wrote:Holy Cow Leslie! You need to move to a safer state! You reacted about the same as I would have! When I get angry, I get spitting mad! I don't think about the consequences until afterwards. Wish I were closer... I'd have your back :) *hugs*
It's not the state, it's the city within the state!
Leslie

MOM2SNOX

A Cherry on Top

lilkoala3 wrote:
MOM2SNOX wrote:Holy Cow Leslie! You need to move to a safer state! You reacted about the same as I would have! When I get angry, I get spitting mad! I don't think about the consequences until afterwards. Wish I were closer... I'd have your back :) *hugs*
It's not the state, it's the city within the state!

Didn't you just move there recently??
Trish ~ It's all fun and games until somebody loses an EYELET!

suslvgeo

Cherry Addict

Ever since my purse was stolen while I was pumping gas (had my identity stolen througt that loverly little happening) I wear my purse over my boobies!! It is just sad and scary that they were willing to do that in a line of people, knowing no one would say anything. I am glad you were wise, but damn that is just scary. How much longer do you have there before you can leave and go back to Texas? :winkb:

And I want to know what else happened to you?????? Seriously woman...be careful!!
SUS ImageImageImage

TraciL

Cherry Garcia

that is a damn shame! Glad you are ok and I'm impressed with how you handled it. I don't know that I would have been able to do a thing.

It's also a very sad thing that no one helped you but sounds like plenty of people just stood there an watched. I probably would have said "thanks for helping out everyone" - because I tend to react like that in situations where people are just staring.

Glad you are safe, too bad you didn't have some mace you could have introduced to his face~!

butterfly843

A Cherry on Top

How scary, you handled your self so well. I can't believe no one else stepped in to help you.

scrapscot

Cherry Bing

Well done! It could have happened anywhere; I think it's the sign of the times! Glad you're okay and the wallet was retrieved. Agreed, don't carry the wallet, just your id and any money in one of those bra wallets! You can get them whereever they sell "travel" stuff.
Image Charlene

Henu_Nea

Cherry Cola

Wow....what a crazy situation. I think you handled it well. He'll probably think twice before trying to pickpocket someone again. The audacity of some people. I'm really worried about what this world is coming to.
ImageImage
Image Image

Laura Fiore

Wild Cherry

I'm proud of you too Leslie. I think in your mind, you knew that there was the protection of a lot of people around you. Hopefully, if you found yourself alone in a situation like that, you would react differently...maybe in a way that thought more about your own safety.

That must have been a killer adrenaline rush you were in...and I would imagine you were pretty scary to the guy you caught...even if it was cute little old you! You must have been shaking so bad when it was all over...I know I would have been. Hugs girl...you probably need them! :-D

Laura Fiore

Wild Cherry

scrapscot wrote:Well done! It could have happened anywhere; I think it's the sign of the times! Glad you're okay and the wallet was retrieved. Agreed, don't carry the wallet, just your id and any money in one of those bra wallets! You can get them whereever they sell "travel" stuff.

This is a good idea...get two so you can give both girls a boost at the same time :winkb:

baltoscrapper

Bowl Full of Cherries

Laura Fiore wrote:
scrapscot wrote:Well done! It could have happened anywhere; I think it's the sign of the times! Glad you're okay and the wallet was retrieved. Agreed, don't carry the wallet, just your id and any money in one of those bra wallets! You can get them whereever they sell "travel" stuff.

This is a good idea...get two so you can give both girls a boost at the same time :winkb:
<------------- That's just some funny stuff there Laura!!!!! :-D

Leslie, I'm glad you are ok. You really kicked a$$ and make me proud! My niece wants to move the Philthadelphia and I keep asking her.. WHY??????? (not the niece that lived with me for 5 yrs, because no WAY would I LET her move there...it's her sister that wants to go.)
I used to be a "celebrity cherry", but now I'm in re-hab...... Holy Carp!

scraptag

Cherry Cola

You're one brave Texan!

emarie803

Cherry Jubilee

Leslie, OMG girl!!! I am so glad that you are ok. I have to say that you are my hero. Seriously girl, you are awesome!

Grandma Flowers

Cherry Cropper

Want me to send you some pepper spray? Please be careful.
Image Image Image Image

---Jan---

writerlady

Bowl Full of Cherries

Ok - you handled it like a trooper! Are you a trooper?

and what about this: On Thursday last week, I had a really horrible experience. I don't want to tell you guys the details because this story is worse than this one, and I don't want you to worry about me TOO much! But because of that incident, I have been uber-alert and aware of my surroundings.
Please stop by my blog,Writerlady's Craftroom

lilkoala3

Bowl Full of Cherries

Thanks for all the support, y'all. I need it! I went to a military supply store today and bought pepper spray. It's the kind the nypd uses. I'm carrying in my pocket everywhere I go now.

And what really upsets me is that I have been LOVING Philadelphia lately! Besides the crime, it's a great city full of culture and history, activities, awesome restuarants, fun shopping, and beautiful architecture. I never lack for fun things to do! This is a huge change from when I moved to Philly 5 years ago. It still smells bad, but it's such a fun place!

Mom2snox, I moved to another neighborhood within the city a month ago, but I've been here for years to go to school.

The thing is, I don't see myself living in the burbs. It's not my style at all.

Sus, I don't really think I'll move back to Texas. My dream is to relocate to California SOON. I just love that entire state (other than LA!). My dream is to live in Santa Cruz or Monterrey.
Leslie

lilkoala3

Bowl Full of Cherries

SWAY2865 wrote:that is a damn shame! Glad you are ok and I'm impressed with how you handled it. I don't know that I would have been able to do a thing.

It's also a very sad thing that no one helped you but sounds like plenty of people just stood there an watched. I probably would have said "thanks for helping out everyone" - because I tend to react like that in situations where people are just staring.

Glad you are safe, too bad you didn't have some mace you could have introduced to his face~!
You know, I'm surprised I didn't say that to the other people! I was so pissed!
Leslie

lilkoala3

Bowl Full of Cherries

Laura Fiore wrote:

Hehe! Thanks, Laura! I needed a little giggle!
Leslie

lilkoala3

Bowl Full of Cherries

baltoscrapper wrote:
Laura Fiore wrote:

<------------- That's just some funny stuff there Laura!!!!! :-D

Leslie, I'm glad you are ok. You really kicked a$$ and make me proud! My niece wants to move the Philthadelphia and I keep asking her.. WHY??????? (not the niece that lived with me for 5 yrs, because no WAY would I LET her move there...it's her sister that wants to go.)
You know, I've actually heard that Baltimore has really bad crime also, though. Is that true?
Leslie

Judy in NM

Cherry Garcia

I'm glad you're okay Leslie! You handled that situation amazingly well. I probably would have freaked! And, I think you're smart to be so aware of your surroundings. (((Hugs)))
~~ Judy ~~

Return to “General Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee