Get FREE shipping with your $35 order with code FREESHIP35

AmyTeets

Digital Designers

Looks like I need an MRI :(
I've had this problem since college, where I get a burning behind my shoulder, down my arm then up my neck. Plus now neck issues within the last 8 years or so. Now mind you, I've done a lot of sports, so I figured it was a sports injury because I clearly remember the first time I hurt my left shoulder during vball practice in college. So, I found a new doctor and went in for a third opinion. The last doc. told me to do yoga that it was a bone pushing a muscle out of place?! So this doctor finally ordered at least an XRAY for me, which no one has done in 13 years. He looks at it and asked me if I was sure I've never dislocated my shoulder at anytime. I said NO I think I would remember that one ;) Well it seems that the little bone that's connected to my clavicle is all the way down in the third position and it should be in the first which is straight out. When it's normal you have about a 1/2 inch of room for your shoulder to rotate. I have NONE! So, I'm having to get an MRI done, with dye, to see what damage this has caused and from there it looks like an acromioplasty :( The good thing is it's my left shoulder and not my right, which is strange and good all in the same package :D
I think the turn around time is 6-8 weeks plus therapy, if all they have to do is the acromioplasty. If they have to repair anything it could be up to a year of recovery! Wish me luck! I'm scared that this could make my problems worse, which I understand is the case with any corrective surgery, but still.
Amy Teets Designs

My Blog
Facebook
Semper Fi

Snag Me!

milmomma

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Re: Looks like I need an MRI :(
Ugh, I can relate to the neck/arm problems. Wishing ya the best of luck and speedy recovery :)

letumom

Cherry Jubilee

{{{{{{{Hugs}}}}}}

Hope all goes well.
Laurie

kennabeans

Cherry Cola

Goodness, that doesn't sound very fun? Hope that it is a simple fix and recovery is quick. Good thing is that when all is said and done, you should have some relief.
ImageImageImage

grifscap

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Man, hope this go well for you.

bluejeans7

Bowl Full of Cherries

I'm sending you so good vibes and please let us know what you find out.

Retiree3

Wild Cherry

Good luck Amy and I hope you can get some relief soon.
[
Donna-Retiree3-Proud Grandmother of Three Boys!

[highlight=#000000][/highlight]

AmyTeets

Digital Designers

Thanks girls! I wanted answers but not sure if I wanted this one! LOL
Amy Teets Designs

My Blog
Facebook
Semper Fi

Snag Me!

suslvgeo

Cherry Addict

Good vibes coming your way sweetie!!
SUS ImageImageImage

JeanG

Cherry Cola

Sending good vibes. Maybe they'll discover an injection that will cure it instead! Never hurts to hope.
I wonder, sometimes, if we ever give God a headache.

writerlady

Bowl Full of Cherries

Sending positive vibes and prayers your way Amy! I'm here all the time if you'd like/need to vent!
Please stop by my blog,Writerlady's Craftroom

Grandma Flowers

Cherry Cropper

At least you know what's wrong and it's fixable. Pain isn't fun to live with. Good vibes coming your way.
Image Image Image Image

---Jan---

jcsmaestra

Cherry Cola

I hope all goes well for you. Keeping good thoughts for you.
Mary           Love is all around you.

ImageImage  Image Image Image

merkee

Cherry Blossom

Hugs Amy! Prayers for a quick easy recovery and healing.
~~I tell ya Merkee is Merkeley Designs ~~
ImageImage

Scraprat

Cherry Cola

Amy, I had an acromioplasty done on my right shoulder about 8 1/2 years ago and my shoulder is doing fine. I was off work for about 8 weeks and had therapy during that time. It was actually the second surgery I'd had on that shoulder, about 6 months apart. The hardest part was not being able to move the arm/shoulder much, so my dh had to help me with everything from showering to getting dressed. It was even almost impossible to cut up my own food! But it all went well. Now I didn't have any extra damage, but do have arthritis in the shoulder, which I had before the surgery. Hope you do well with it all.
Take care of you,
Deb

baltoscrapper

Bowl Full of Cherries

Let us know how the MRI goes. That would stink if you had to have the longer procedure done and be out for a year!
Hope it goes well. When is the MRI?
I used to be a "celebrity cherry", but now I'm in re-hab...... Holy Carp!

LyndaKay

Cherry Jubilee

I think finding an answer or diagnosis for a long standing, painful problem is great! It sounds like something that can be fixed. Guess you have to weigh going through the hassles of several weeks post-surgery compared to many more years in your long life with the same chronic pain. I sure hope you get good answers from the MRI. Best of luck to you. Hugs!

Lynda

dianagirly

Cherry Cropper

Amy, that's good that they found out-especially if it's something repairable. I cannot believe it took that long for these tests to be done though! And good luck with recovery after surgery, it's a B*tch!

handerful

Cherry Cropper

It may suck in the short term, but if it is fixable, think of all the pain you'll miss out on in the long run! I'm glad you finally found someone to look at it.
Image Image
RACHEL

pawprints

A Cherry on Top

Well it's good that you finally found out what the problem has been. I hope all goes well for you and they can fix it up and you recover quickly!

ImageImage Image Image  

Return to “General Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee