Sorry, can't help. I use PSE also.
Image Image Image Image

---Jan---
scrappergirl42
Cherry Tart
Gallery: 4

Re: Best digital scrapbooking software?

Post by scrappergirl42 »

I use photoshop elements 6 and so does my mom. There is a learning curve but I like it so far. There is a huge BUT coming. My mom and I both have put all our elements from kits (like pages, elements and so on) into the organizer and tagged them. It makes it very easy to find an element for example a blue bow if you need one. The problem is that my mom lost all her stuff that was in the organizer. It all disappeared and Adobe can't tell her why so it could happen again or to anyone that uses the program. It took her hundreds of hours to put eveything in the organizer and tag it all. Like many of us she has gotten lots of digital kits and had 10,000 different things. She had it all backed up but PSE 6 (and all other versions) don't back up png flies. If you look at our digital stuff most of it is a png file. Also loading the back up, back onto the comptuer didn't work at all.

Just a warning to all. She is working with Adobe and if we get any answers I will update this. I have to say I still am using PSE 6 and putting all my stuff in the organizer. So far I have not had problems but if I ever find another program that works great at scrapbooking and has an organizer like PSE does I will change programs unless Adobe fixes the problem with the organizer. I think PSE didn't take into account their program being used for scrapbooking like it is. It was developed for photo editing but since it is being so widely used in scrapbooking hopefully they will address the needs of all us scrapbookers.

scrappergirl42
AnnOminous
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 211

Post by AnnOminous »

I haven't been able to get the PS6 Organizer to come up since last year. It just hangs and sits there. I figured I overloaded it with too much stuff. I had also tried tagging stuff, but found that I had too much stuff. It's possible that the PS7 organizer works better. I would be interested in hearing what Adobe does finally say.
scrappin44
Cherry Blossom
Gallery: 54

Post by scrappin44 »

I use pse, it was difficult in the beginning for me and I am still learning. However there are so many tutorials that will walk you through it.
ImageImage
Cassel
Cherry Tart

Post by Cassel »

I guess i am partial to Paintshop Pro. I have all the versions, from 7 to X2, but i use PSP9 about 95% of the time. You can get a 30 days trial version of X2, but you can also get PSP9 (made by Jasc) for about $30 on ebay. I find PSP is very intuitive and seems overall easier to grasp than Photoshop for a start.

Although Photoshop is "considered" industry standard, i find that Paintshop can do most things Photoshop does (and a couple more). I would say that they are equivalent: PS can do some things that PSP cannot do, but PSP can also do some things that PS cannot do. Main differences for me are (1) PSP is more intuitive for starters and (2) a few hundred bucks!

Cassel
ScrapSis
Cherry Blossom
Gallery: 1

Post by ScrapSis »

Ladies - I love my PSE - I havae 5.0 and agree there is a learning curve but lots of webinars, tutorials that are very helpful.

FYI - I have had some problems with access to the organizer - there is a simple fix that you need to do any time your error message comes up that there is trouble accessing the organizer or any time you have added a bunch of new stuff to it. While in the editor go to file - then click on catalog then click on restore. It will take a bit but works like a charm. I do it any time I've added digital supplies or photos. Saving changes is much faster!! Good Luck
Tina
AnnOminous
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 211

Post by AnnOminous »

ScrapSis wrote:Ladies - I love my PSE - I havae 5.0 and agree there is a learning curve but lots of webinars, tutorials that are very helpful.

FYI - I have had some problems with access to the organizer - there is a simple fix that you need to do any time your error message comes up that there is trouble accessing the organizer or any time you have added a bunch of new stuff to it. While in the editor go to file - then click on catalog then click on restore. It will take a bit but works like a charm. I do it any time I've added digital supplies or photos. Saving changes is much faster!! Good Luck
I can't get to that place to do that. Mine will not come up. It just hangs.

Return to “Digital Talk”