Save at least 20% on all Fall and Halloween products, no promo code needed! Shop Now

UPS or Fed Ex

Total votes: 115
UPS (60) 52%
Fed Ex (23) 20%
No preference (32) 28%

jody01

Sweet Cherry Pie

Re: UPS or Fed Ex?
FED ex I terrible around here the auctually left my box on a neighbors porch instead of my house and our houses have numbers
ImageImage

Nikki_E

Cherry Cropper

Whatever is cheaper!
Nikki

When you see me with a smile on my face, then you'll know I'm a mental case. ~ Alice Cooper

2_maybe_3

Cherry Blossom

For me... it really all depends on what I am shipping. If its a package that is document type stuff, then it's FedEx but if its a large heavier package than it's UPS for sure.

Karenscraps

Cherry Berry

Either one is fine with me but the UPS man is at my house almost everyday delivering stuff for my boyfriends job.

Karen
Karen Y.

I haven't been an active paper crafter for a while and want to get back in the swing of things!

scrappin44

Cherry Blossom

Never used fedex, hate ups
ImageImage

letumom

Cherry Jubilee

Either one works for me, as both are delivered to the apartment office, and I pick up packages there.
Laurie

-ange-

Sweet Cherry Pie

Did you know that the Postal Service offers a flat rate envelope for $4.95? It holds stuff in an 12 1/2" X 9 1/2" box (I know that doesn't hold 12X12 pp, but it will hold most thickers without having to up the shipping cost...just a thought :) [table] [tr] [td][/td] [td][/td] [td][/td][/tr][/table]
*ange* :)

LyndaKay

Cherry Jubilee

fed ex delivers earlier in the day around here than UPS. Have found both reliable, though.

Lynda

RitaS

Cherry Bing

When we had a business UPS cost quite a bit less than FedEx, and it was our decision to ship through them. First, they have a hub in the next town and DH had to take in oversized boxes, so it was convenient. I am not sure how the price compares now vs. 8 yrs ago, however.

We only had problems with packages going through the Ohio hub - I think they have a crazy forklift driver (again - BIG boxes). We never had any problems when we shipped product accessories out in smaller boxes.

FedEx also delivers early in the morning. I am never home. UPS delivers in the afternoon where at least DH is home if a signature is required.

With my new job I see both companies deliver almost daily - if not here then next door. I wonder if I said "hey, I live on such and such a street and am expecting a package from ACOT, would you mind dropping it here" -would they do that? It could sure brighten my work day!
Rita S

Life is about second chances. There would be no hope if God didn't give us another.

justmeplus3

Cherry Tart

Definitely, UPS!

ajkulig

Cherry Bing

I am glad UPS is slaughtering FedEx as I am mad at them.

Besides I like UPS tracking much better.

Last package I ordered from FedEx said it was going to arrive on time the whole time until the delivery date magically disappeared late the night it was supposed to arrive. It showed up the next day, if the package has an exception UPS shows you what happened as oposed to FedEx which is sneaky.
Find my books here. See the mom (crafting, cooking, organizing, and homeschooling) side of me here. {Under construction}

anitawill1

Cherry Tart

I personally prefer to use the USPS, I seem to get my packages faster than UPS or Fed Ex.

Sus79

Cherry Cola

Both works fine for me, I have had no problems with the ones you have now
ImageImageImageImageImage

jody01

Sweet Cherry Pie

I live In a Rural Area and Fed Ex has a hard time locating metakes me days longer to get a package where UPS has no problem!!!!!
ImageImage

kennabeans

Cherry Cola

I prefer UPS. Fedex always takes longer and generally when I do the tracking, it is sitting in the regional office (30 minutes from my house) and it takes 3-4 days to be delivered from there. The tracking always says delay due to weather and there hasn't ever been bad weather when I have had something waiting for delivery. UPS will deliver my package to a neighbor if I am not home or even leave it at my old place of work for me to pick up.
ImageImageImage

Indy Scrapper

Chocolate Covered Cherry

I voted Fed Ex. I have any online order come to my office. No one is at home through the weekday so delivery is unreliable. I should have voted no preference because, it should be upto the shipper to decide which is the best method and most cost effective delivery service.
Janie
Live long, laugh often, hug someone.

JeanG

Cherry Cola

I chose FedEx because UPS here is horrible. A computer was shipped to me - and it was stolen. They left the case but took out the hard drive and anything else they could use. I never got a package that wasn't all crumpled and pushed in from UPS - I think they have a game to see who can destroy the most stuff. On the other hand, FedEx always gets here quickly and nothing is ever damaged or stolen.
I wonder, sometimes, if we ever give God a headache.

MarthaT

Sweet Cherry Pie

I use the USPS priority the msot
ImageImage

MLee

Cherry Cola

My first choice is USPS flat rate boxes since ACOT often doesn't charge actual shipping charges.

Next choice is Fed-Ex. Price is virtually the same and they require safer drivers. They also don't leave my packages at the wrong door in the rain.

UPS is too rough on their packages, drive like mad men in rural areas and have become too controversial in the political arena. If they don't want politics to affect how customers feel about them, then they shouldn't get involved through advertising or the lack thereof. ;)

katarria

Chocolate Covered Cherry

We've also had issues with UPS. For example, last month their tracking confirmation said that our package was delivered to our "side porch". We don't have a side porch, and the package was nowhere to be found. I had to file a claim with UPS, then get a refund from the company I ordered from, then reorder. It was a huge pain.

I also like USPS.
~Kathy
{hopelessly addicted}

Filling my basket with all of the new goodies :)

Return to “Announcements”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee