We're celebrating World Card Making Day with 20% off the regular price of everything! Use code CARDS20

-Shannon-

Chocolate Covered Cherry

What's your diagnosis?
Extreme fatigue (as in waking up at 8am and then needing a nap at 9:30am, then at least twice later on in the day)
dehydration and coughing at night (painful coughing)
drinking a lot of water and other good fluids during the day but still very thirsty
frequent urination even when I don't drink a lot of fluids
hunger at unusual times (even if I shouldn;t be hungry)
headaches

I have been reading about what this could be and I don't like it. It scares me. :waiting:
I will be calling my doctor on Monday to set up a physical and to discuss all of this. It's all so weird and just keeps getting worse. The only thing that gave me a little energy today was orange juice and going for a walk.

I'm just curious what you think. I know not to just assume what I read or what you all say but I'm curious.

**Update**
I have an appointment Tuesday morning at 9am.
- Shannon

I have an everyday religion that works for me. Love yourself first, and everything else falls into line.
-Lucille Ball

letumom

Cherry Jubilee

Re: What's your diagnosis?
My first thought, but I have to qualify that I'm not in the medical field, is some form of diabetes.
Laurie

AlwaysHappy

Cherry Cola

I acutally have two for you. I have diabetes. The constant thirst and frequient urination are symptoms of diabetes, but could be symptoms of other things too I suppose.
The waking up tired and needing a nap around 9:30 sounds like it could be sleep apnea. Yes, I have that too and those are the same symptoms I had. It's caused from lack of oxygen while you sleep, so you aren't really sleeping when you think you are. Without knowing, you are constantly waking up gasping for air. Yes, scary I know.
Image ImageImage

immom2anc

Sweet Cherry Pie

A few things come to mind... And again, I'm not an expert by any means.

But first, I think some sort of diabetes. The thirst, hunger & headaches, along with the fatigue would be explained. As well as the orange juice. I know my friend has Type 1, and if her levels are low, she drinks OJ and it jumps her back up.

The other thing would be sleep apnea. You body isn't regulating your oxygen levels right and you never achieve peaceful sleep because you stop breathing throughout. This would explain the fatigue and also the coughing and headaches.

The other possibility is a messed up hormone level. Your thyroid could be acting up causing all of these symptoms as well. Whether it's overactive or not as active as it should be will wreak havoc on your body.

Good luck!! Let us know how your appointment goes.
**Kristen**
My photography: http://www.kristencarterphotography.com
Image Image ImageImage Image

JeanellePaige

Digital Designers

I was thinking diabetes too. Hope its nothing serious though!
Jeanelle Paige
My Blog ~ Lots of cool stuff there!!
My Shoppe ~ Always Sales!

Emsdancemom

A Cherry on Top

letumom wrote:My first thought, but I have to qualify that I'm not in the medical field, is some form of diabetes.
That would also be my best guess. Glad you are planning to see your doctor.

beachlover

Cherry Addict

have no idea but please make sure you call the dr first thing in the morning! I hope its something simple and not serious; {{{{hugs}}}} sweetie!!!
Ann ~ Life is always better at the beach!
 view my blog (new) https://ourhideawayparadise.blogspot.com/ 

LyndaKay

Cherry Jubilee

Maybe it's hyper or hypo- glycemia. A few test by the Dr. and you'll know. So glad you're not ignoring the symptoms. Best of luck and get well SOON.

Lynda

jodcold

Cherry Garcia

No advice, but hope you are able to figure out what is wrong and feel better soon.
"Courage is being scared to death-but saddling up anyway." John Wayne

Jody H. (jodcold)

Image Image Image

-Shannon-

Chocolate Covered Cherry

immom2anc wrote:A few things come to mind... And again, I'm not an expert by any means.

But first, I think some sort of diabetes. The thirst, hunger & headaches, along with the fatigue would be explained. As well as the orange juice. I know my friend has Type 1, and if her levels are low, she drinks OJ and it jumps her back up.

The other thing would be sleep apnea. You body isn't regulating your oxygen levels right and you never achieve peaceful sleep because you stop breathing throughout. This would explain the fatigue and also the coughing and headaches.

The other possibility is a messed up hormone level. Your thyroid could be acting up causing all of these symptoms as well. Whether it's overactive or not as active as it should be will wreak havoc on your body.

Good luck!! Let us know how your appointment goes.

I know it's not my thyroid. My doctor has recently done tests for that because my insomnia was really bad due to stress a few months ago. The stress is now under control and the insomnia is better. From what I've read about sleep apnea it's not that. I don't wake up gasping or feeling like I'm gasping for air. Just coughing and feeling dehydrated (and I sleep with my mouth closed)

A lot of you have said possibly diabetes...and that was what I have read so far that matches the symptoms the most.
I asked my mom if it runs in the family and she said the only people she's known to have it were those that were much older and/or very overweight. So it would just seem odd for me to have it but then again I went through some major stress and problems recently which even brought out hives (never had those before either) so it's possible that it was triggered from that.

Thanks for your thoughts and concerns. I appreciate it. I will for sure be contacting my doctor. I need a physical anyway and all of this is so unusual so I definitely can not ignore it. However, I'm not going to freak out about it or assume the worst. :>
- Shannon

I have an everyday religion that works for me. Love yourself first, and everything else falls into line.
-Lucille Ball

Smiley-Scrap8

Cherry Cola

Could you be pregnant??

With the exception of the coughing, you just described the first 6 weeks of both of my pregnancies.

It may sound weird but before I knew I was pregnant my symptoms were, sleeping all the time, peeing all the time and drinking crazy amount of liquids and I couldn't start my day without a big glass of OJ. And of course being hungry at times unusual for me and for things I was not usually hungry for.

Good luck with the doc. appointment, don't get stressed, I'm sure you will be just fine.
Ronny

-Shannon-

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Smiley-Scrap8 wrote:Could you be pregnant??

With the exception of the coughing, you just described the first 6 weeks of both of my pregnancies.

It may sound weird but before I knew I was pregnant my symptoms were, sleeping all the time, peeing all the time and drinking crazy amount of liquids and I couldn't start my day without a big glass of OJ. And of course being hungry at times unusual for me and for things I was not usually hungry for.

Good luck with the doc. appointment, don't get stressed, I'm sure you will be just fine.

Nope, I'm on my period right now, lol. Which I think is making me even more tired.
Another thing I have read is that women with PCOS (which I've been told I have) have a higher chance of getting diabetes.
- Shannon

-Lucille Ball

Smiley-Scrap8

Cherry Cola

-Shannon- wrote:
Smiley-Scrap8 wrote:Could you be pregnant??

Nope, I'm on my period right now, lol. Which I think is making me even more tired.
Another thing I have read is that women with PCOS (which I've been told I have) have a higher chance of getting diabetes.

I bled for the first 3 months with both of mine. It was lighter, but enough for me to call it a period.
Ronny

carolynlontin

Cherry Picker

No help here but I wanted to send you ((Hugs)) and good luck at the drs!

Nikki_E

Cherry Cropper

My first thought was diabetes too.
Nikki

When you see me with a smile on my face, then you'll know I'm a mental case. ~ Alice Cooper

pawprints

A Cherry on Top

letumom wrote:My first thought, but I have to qualify that I'm not in the medical field, is some form of diabetes.

I was thinking the same thing.

I hope you feel better and it turns out to be nothing serious.

ImageImage Image Image  

jcsmaestra

Cherry Cola

All of these sound like possibilities. I hope it's nothing serious. I'm glad you're going for a checkup.
Mary           Love is all around you.

ImageImage  Image Image Image

Wheeliegirl

Cherry Jubilee

I hope it's nothing serious and glad you're seeing the doctor! I hope you feel better soon.
ImageImageImageImage
-Donna-

1grandma

Cherry Addict

I don't have anything new to add. But, I will pray for you. God bless you.
Bibi

Cherry Bing

get a blood test first. get a dstick. could be all sorts of things or even a combination of things. See a doc. know for sure and rule out the worst first.

Return to “General Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee