Get FREE shipping with your $35 order with code FREESHIP35

scrappininAK

Cherry Jubilee

In a Daze
Our fishing trip was interrupted when we had to take Nathan to the ER and he was diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes. Apparently, the doctors were amazed that he was still walking and talking with the high levels (about 550) of blood sugar. He was airlifted from Kenai where we went fishing back to Anchorage where we live. We've spent the last 3 days stabalising him and learning all there is to know about diabetes and our new routines and duties. So , we're starting a new phase - getting into routine and tracking everything (which is probably the most difficult thing for me)
Heather

My Blog Unleashed
My Etsy Store CutMania
CutMania Newsletter Sign Up

cynderellaj

Cherry Cola

Re: In a Daze
Wow....scary!! Glad to hear he is doing better, but it is a rough road. My sister was diagnosed with Type 1 about 12 years ago and is an expert. So if you ever have any questions, please feel free to pm me and I can pass them on to her...she is always glad to help! She now has an insulin pump which she wear all the time and it has been a lifesaver for her. After you all get settled into a routine and get the hang of living with it, I would highly recommend looking into a pump.

GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!
Image Image Image
Cyndi
I NEED SA - Scrappers Anonymous!!!

jody01

Sweet Cherry Pie

I am glad hes ok, I bet that was so scary!!
ImageImage

lilkoala3

Bowl Full of Cherries

so sorry to hear that, hon!
Leslie

pawprints

A Cherry on Top

So sorry to hear that, but glad he is okay!

ImageImage Image Image  

scraptag

Cherry Cola

wow! Thank goodness you figured it out in time! All change is difficult at first, but you'll get the hang of it! :)

Bernadettte

Sweet Cherry Pie

Sorry to hear that, {hugs}

SarahA

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Wow! That is shocking! Sorry to hear that- hopefully everyone will be doing better soon!

beachlover

Cherry Addict

oh wow! {{{{hugs}}} to you! will be thinking of you, please keep us posted on his progress
Ann ~ Life is always better at the beach!
 view my blog (new) https://ourhideawayparadise.blogspot.com/ 

JulesinParadise

Tiki Bar Mgr

I agree...very scary. Glad to hear the drs . are working to get him healthy again. Hugs
Image WAS a TIKI BAR GIRL AND ALWAYS WILL BE

jodcold

Cherry Garcia

OMGosh, I am so sorry to hear this. I know what you mean by changing your routine, it is hard to do. Glad they figured out what it was and are able to treat him.
"Courage is being scared to death-but saddling up anyway." John Wayne

Jody H. (jodcold)

Image Image Image

koala1966

Cherry Delight

I'm so sorry to hear that, glad you were able to catch it and treat it.

Nikki_E

Cherry Cropper

Oh no!
Nikki

When you see me with a smile on my face, then you'll know I'm a mental case. ~ Alice Cooper

Northern Brat

Chocolate Covered Cherry

How scary for that to occur when you were out! Glad to hear that he is doing better! (((Hugs))to you and your family. You can do it!
Leslie
2012: Goal - 75 layouts 4 mini albums 20 cards --------> Progress - layouts mini album - cards
J - /6
ImageImage

Grandma Flowers

Cherry Cropper

Glad he's doing better and things turned out as well as they did. Lifestyle changes are difficult, but maybe you'll all end up healthier!
Image Image Image Image

---Jan---

Art_Teacher

Cherry Crush

Wow! That would put me in a daze, too. So glad the doctors were able to diagnose and treat him quickly and that he is on the road to health. Hugs to you for the stress you've been dealing with and for the changes in your lifestyle. You can do it!
Laura
 Image    Image         Image

letumom

Cherry Jubilee

OMG! So glad to hear that you are both surviving this ordeal. I've had a friend experience a similar episode. The key to his success was being faithful to take his meds, and monitoring his diet.

Best wishes to both of you. {{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}
Laurie

wahoo_mom

Cherry Garcia

((((HUGS)))) and prayers!
Heidi
Image ImageImageImage

sarahwhithers

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Oh my gosh! Big hugs for you! What a shock to go through. I hope you all get to adjust to it well, I know it can't and won't be easy.

megamay

Cherry Cola

oh wow that must have been so scary! glad that he got diagnosed so fast though and he is getting better

Return to “General Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee