Get FREE shipping with your $35 order with code FREESHIP35

killarney_rose

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Re: Tools of the trade (Albums)
I started with three post bound albums. Then moved to Creative Memories. I find similar problems with both albums. I've had 2 out of the 3 post bounds where the screws were tightened to far and need hubby to remove them, he even stripped one. The CM are a pain to load with all the unstrapping and re-strapping. So I usually wait and put ten LO's in at a time. The reason I've stayed with CM is because my K&C cover is showing so much wear from being on the coffee table. The cloth MM album is showing wear on the corners. And my leather MM album I'm afraid to take the protective cover off. My CM albums look as good as the day I purchased them. I like being able to personalize them, too. As for the lumpy pages, and CM albums I just cut off a page for a spacer. I SO LOVE the new 12x12 format of the CM albums. I've never looked at 3-ring albums but I might. I really want my covers to hold up, so if they are like the 3 post bounds, I'll stick with the CM. I do wish CM would put more specialty albums out like they used to. They used to put out at least two a year.

jody01

Sweet Cherry Pie

I so want to try them now!!!!
ImageImage

jcsmaestra

Cherry Cola

Started out with postbound. I recently started two 3-ring albums and absolutely love them. I will buy more when I'm ready.
Mary           Love is all around you.

ImageImage  Image Image Image

lilkoala3

Bowl Full of Cherries

Yeah, I recently switched to 3 ring also.
Leslie

brandiva

Cherry Tart

I use the D-ring binders from We R Memory Keepers. LOVE THEM!! Don't think I'll use anything else!

Indy Scrapper

Chocolate Covered Cherry

I started out with Creative Memories albums and have switched to K& CO for the most part. I also have some American Crafts (I think). I convert the post bound albums with the Pioneer snap lock system and it is so much like the CM albums that adding pages are a snap.
Janie
Live long, laugh often, hug someone.

grifscap

Chocolate Covered Cherry

I like the post albums the best. I really like the top loading of lo in them I not happy with the 3ring system much.

IreneP

Sweet Cherry Pie

You name it I got it;)
I see I like it I buy it LOL

Cherry Jubilee

I use post albums, but from what I've been reading it looks like 3 rings are the way to go.

Judes

Chocolate Covered Cherry

I am a CM strap-hing person. I don't believe I will ever change unless they go out of business. I like the way the pages lay flat and it's true that mine also look as fresh and new as the day I bought them.
[font=Arial:ohrhf522]Pages completed in 2010: 179
Pages completed in 2011: 121
An ideologue knows he's right. A person of faith knows only that he doesn't know. ----Walter Gustafson, Everett. From Seattle Times, Letters to the Editor, 26 Mar 2007.[/font:ohrhf522][/size:ohrhf522][/font]

LyndaKay

Cherry Jubilee

Have only used post bound for themed albums, usually with extenders because I really put a lot of pages in them. But I'd like to try the 3 ring style next for the individual pages.

Lynda

jannyf

Cherry Bing

I've been using post bound and never really thought about 3 ring style. Duh-you can add alot more pages, so that's a great suggestion! Guess I'll pick one up next time I win the Cherry contest!!!!! Great suggestion.
- Jan

terri04

Cherry Bing

I have always used post but you have convinced me to try the 3 ring!

Retiree3

Wild Cherry

I haven't used the 3 ring binders before, but from the comments I read, I am going to try them.
[
Donna-Retiree3-Proud Grandmother of Three Boys!

[highlight=#000000][/highlight]

genggay

Cherry Blossom

love the 3 ring albums as well. i already filled up one which is locally made by LSS

jannyf

Cherry Bing

SBcrazee wrote:Started out with CM & then moved on to mostly colorbok post bound. I still have a few post bound albums to fill but I'm thinking of getting a 3 ring next.

That's my feeling too. I want to fill the post bounds that I have & then switch to 3 ring. It seems you can put more pages in the 3 ring binders & then they are easier to move around if you want to put your pages in some type of chrono order.
- Jan

JDs Mom

Cherry Bomb

I'm looking at the 7 crammed-full post-bounds on top of my desk top right now thinking, there's gotta be a better way. They are so stuffed that everything I've been doing for the past two months has been just put in sheet protectors and slung together with three huge ring clips (like what you use on a chipboard album or something). I have a ton of the huge 4" D-ring binders at work just sitting around with outdated training material in them, waiting to be thrown out. We just pile them up because us thrifty Mom's can't stand to throw out anything that could be used for something else! Hmmm.....I wonder. They're sturdy. They're big enough and would hold lots of layouts. They're sure inexpensive (translation: free) and I could alter them to look how I wanted. I think I may have to take a closer look in that junk closet today! :bluewinkb:
Carol

ACOT May 2010 Digi Guest CT

formerly CT for Merkeley Designs, Sus Designs and E-scape and Scrap...

JulesinParadise

Tiki Bar Mgr

Thinking I might need to switch to the D ring albums...maybe I'd actually put the layouts in the albums then instead of just stacking them up in a box.
Image WAS a TIKI BAR GIRL AND ALWAYS WILL BE

Retiree3

Wild Cherry

I just started using the 3 ring binders and I love it. That's what I will get from now on.
[
Donna-Retiree3-Proud Grandmother of Three Boys!

[highlight=#000000][/highlight]

SBcrazee

Cherry Jubilee

I just ordered 6 American Craft D-ring albums from J's yesterday. They were on sale & I found a free shipping code online so it was a great deal. Can't wait to transfer my overfull post bound albums to them. I'll still use the post bound albums I have for the ones that are not too full.
ImageImage

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee