We're celebrating World Card Making Day with 20% off the regular price of everything! Use code CARDS20

RitaS

Cherry Bing

Turning Points - End of School Year
It's that time of year. What are you all experiencing - aka turning points in your lives?

For me - the big change is our son graduating from 5th grade and going into middle school. His last band concert for his first yr in band was last night and they all got pins (remind me of the pins you put on letter jackets). Tonight was orientation for parents at the middle school -and there was a moment when I got teary eyed when the principal talked about whatever, because I was inwardly "worried" learning that three elementary schools merge into this one - what a HUGE difference that will be! And as of late I see how much older my boy looks -especially when he wears an all black or all brown Tshirt with khakis - such a young man he has become.

How many college and HS graduations are coming up, or pre-K grads for that matter? What else is going on in May that signifies not an ending, but a new beginning?
Rita S

Life is about second chances. There would be no hope if God didn't give us another.

meterr

Cherry Tart

Re: Turning Points - End of School Year
big changes here! i have 3 kids. 2 are older teens and one is 5. My dd Brit graduated last yr
My middle child, Andre is graduating high school may 31st, so both teens are graduated this summer and grown... BUT Elijah, whos 5 is entering school this upcoming yr! Seems weird to not have high schoolers and be back in elementery school stuff again!
Terri
"If you cant be good, be colorful!"-Pete Conrad

immom2anc

Sweet Cherry Pie

This will be our last summer before my dd starts kinder in the fall. Every day brings so many changes with her and watching her sleep last night, I realized how big she really is now. She's not a baby anymore :(. Her attitudes have changed and she's so curious to learn now and so ready for school so I don't worry about those things, just everything else. But it will be changes for the little one too cuz sissy will be at school 5 days a week and as she said last week when big sister was with grammy, "Where's my sister? She's my best friend!". It will take some adjustments come fall.
**Kristen**
My photography: http://www.kristencarterphotography.com
Image Image ImageImage Image

bigsmartass

Sweet Cherry Pie

We just got the letter for primary (kinder) meeting day.... he's already pre-registered but have to bring in the other paperwork and get him some more uniforms (We did already buy a few used ones already). Just amazed that one of my kids is school aged, how did that happen?!
Image Laurie, aka Image Image

If you can't convince them, confuse them

scrapbelle

Cherry Bing

My oldest DD received her BA in December and is beginning her graduate classes June 1st. My youngest finished her second year of college.....soon, very soon we will be finished with school.

Now, I am considering going back to get my Masters! My DH wants me to but, I just don't know.....
Image Image

jodcold

Cherry Garcia

This will be the last summer that my son will be home as next year he has an internship and that will be a big turning point in my life.
"Courage is being scared to death-but saddling up anyway." John Wayne

Jody H. (jodcold)

Image Image Image

gonecamping

Cherry Garcia

My son is graduating high school in 3 weeks. We were making out the announcements and it was a bittersweet moment. He came home last night acting weird and I asked him what was wrong. He coudln't sit down and was pacing. He said he didn't know what to do, wasn't sure he wanted to move to Portland (which is where he picked to go to college) and wasn't sure he wanted to go to college. He didnt' know anyone there and was confused. I told him that was normal to feel that way, its a scary time for him. I also said don't worry about the this fall, have fun this summer and whatever happens, happens. My baby is growing up!
***Tanya***

grifscap

Chocolate Covered Cherry

My nephew will be a new dad in the next few weeks. We are very close. Josh and my son Jon are best friends. I have all ready told them just to add me to the grandma list.

terri04

Cherry Bing

my dd is finishing her 1st year at grad school. she has been offered a position in a PHD program that will start the fall of 2010, which is when she is finished with the grad degree. she is torn between getting her doctorate and wanting to be done with school. I can't believe she is this grown up, she is still my baby girl.

GRACEpunches5

Cherry Garcia

my oldest will be in kindergarten next year along with my middle girl starting preschool.
[url=http://gavinrandyalizacandyellie.blogspot.com/:22hb4o89]http://gavinrandyalizacandyellie.blogspot.com/[/url:22hb4o89]

[color=#ff4080:22hb4o89]Feb. 2010 Crop: 14 Challenges and 5 Fast Scraps
May 2010 Crop: 19 Challenges and 4 Fast Scraps[/color:22hb4o89][/font:22hb4o89]
[color=#bf0080:22hb4o89]August 2010 Crop: 9 Challenges and 4 Fast Scraps[/color:22hb4o89][/font:22hb4o89]
[/font:22hb4o89][color=#ff8080:22hb4o89]November 2010: 10 Challenges and 5 Fast Scraps[/color:22hb4o89][/font:22hb4o89]
[/font:22hb4o89][color=#ff4080:22hb4o89][img:22hb4o89]http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g70/c ... -1-1-1.jpg[/img:22hb4o89][/color:22hb4o89][/font:22hb4o89][img:22hb4o89]http://creative.ak.fbcdn.net/v41818/fly ... c52db0.jpg[/img:22hb4o89][img:22hb4o89]http://pagemaps.com/images/blinkies/PMBlinkie88x33.gif[/img:22hb4o89]

handerful

Cherry Cropper

My dd will graduate from Kindergarten the first week in June. When did she get so big? We have year round school, so she starts 1st grade in mid July!

My other kids have gone through big growth spurts. My 3 yo found some sandals that were too big for her this time last year and was frustrated that her toes hang over the edge. It's not so easy to pick up my 2yo ds all of a sudden. I am ready for both of them to graduate from diapers, but can't they stay small a little bit longer?
Image Image
RACHEL

Grandma Flowers

Cherry Cropper

My youngest grandchild has her preschool graduation tomorrow. I miss having a sweet little baby to rock.
Image Image Image Image

---Jan---

Firegems

Sweet Cherry Pie

For me my son is going to turn 7 and going into the 2nd grade and moving up to a Blue belt in Karate!
Firegems

lpap0807

Sweet Cherry Pie

No big milestones for us this spring. Guess we're just a bit boring!
Have a blessed day!

scrapperqueen

Bowl Full of Cherries

So many turning points that my life will be almost an "about face." With my oldest ds just getting engaged and deciding to stay at school and work for the summer and the other two boys graduating from hs and going off to jobs away from home all summer and then on to college, I'm like single and childless again. I can now spend time helping my parents (who I live with) in getting things in order in the house and life.

tinkerbelldani

Sweet Cherry Pie

My older son is going to high school next year and my little one is going to 5th grade. My husband and I are freaking out about high school, not because the school is bad, just the thought he is going to high school already. The school he got accepted to is a high school/technical. He will be doing his architect classes and high school classes at the same time. Is a public school, but they pick and choose their students by grades.
ImageDani

RitaS

Cherry Bing

I am reading all your replies and seeing such FUEL here for layout ideas!! I hope many of you will scrap the journaling already done for you in this thread.

I see uncertain teens, proud parents, little ones with 'tude, and so much more!!
Rita S

Life is about second chances. There would be no hope if God didn't give us another.

Emsdancemom

A Cherry on Top

Em will be a senior next year. It is so hard to believe. She is getting ready to get her drivers license and will be going to Australia this summer for six weeks. I am just trying not to think about all the changes.

Kimandasmo

Cherry Jubilee

last night was my dd's last middle school band concert--- she is going to be a freshman in high school.....and I am not sure I am ready for that!

Return to “General Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee