Get FREE shipping with your $35 order with code FREESHIP35

maesie

Cherry Blossom

Paper Sorting Question for my Favorite Cherries!
Hi Everyone!

I'm currently working on getting my scrapbooking desk re-organized and I have paper EVERYWHERE as I try to sort it by color (I have two cubes with 8 shelves for paper storage) and I was wondering how everyone else sorts it. I feel like I'm losing this battle before I even begin!!

Thanks for all your ideas! :)
~MaryEllen

Imageshoot for the moon ...
even if you miss you'll land among the stars!

pawprints

A Cherry on Top

Re: Paper Sorting Question for my Favorite Cherries!
I sort by theme... floral, hearts, baby, doggie, celebrate, holidays, seasons, etc.

ImageImage Image Image  

kathyt

Sweet Cherry Pie

I really struggle with this as well. I try to sort by color and then usually keep a few themes separate(Christmas, birthday). I will be following this closely hoping for some ideas. Mine gets messed up so quickly.
Kathy, who likes to think about scrapbooking

suslvgeo

Cherry Addict

I sort by theme IF it fits into a theme, but most of my paper is stored by color. Have fun. I actually love rearranging and fondling my scrappy supplies. :)
SUS ImageImageImage

ncokely

Cherry Cola

Color for me first and then themes within!!
[img]file:///C:/Users/jscokely/Documents/design%20team%20banner.png[/img]~Nancy~
Scrapbooking began in the Bible Ps. 78:3-4
Personal best-31 LO's completed 6/2010
Image Image ImageImage

Koiwey

Sweet Cherry Pie

I have all my cardstock sorted by color. Then, I have my patterned paper sorted by manufacturer; for instance, Anna Griffin paper is altogether, Basic Grey, K & Co. cause when I get on a roll, I like my patterned paper to be somewhat coordinated.
Enjoy for we will never have this day again.
Koi

blaznpat

Sweet Cherry Pie

I sort by color, then I usually have my patterned papers in with matching colors!
Pat

Image Image Image

Janedee

Sweet Cherry Pie

I sort the majority of mine by manufacturer; I have a couple of themed files for Christmas, Travel and Heritage, then if I only have a couple of sheets for a manufacturer, I sort those by color. It sounds complicated but it works for me. ;)
Jane

1grandma

Cherry Addict

I have a few paper stacks from a few manufactures, then color/theme. No real organization.
Bibi

rnmom247

Cherry Bing

I need to reorganize mine. I have it sorted by company right now but I found I don't like that as well as sorting by color and by the themes that I work with most - camping, travel, Christmas, pets. I am going to go back to that since it seems to work the best for me. I may try to keep the companys together in my themes though since the paper usually matches.
Pam ImageImage

Sus79

Cherry Cola

I sort mine by color and a few by manufacture, and then cardstock by it self. Since I don´t have that much paper it´s not a problem for me :) Good luck with your project, and remember the easiest way to sort paper is on the floor ;)
ImageImageImageImageImage

kathyt

Sweet Cherry Pie

Now you all have me thinking about reorganizing :) My pattern paper is what gives me fits. I am thinking about doing the pattern pages by manufacturer because that is what I spend tons of time searching for when I start a layout. Then sometimes I will find a piece that I really meant to use with some other papers months later and will be frustrated. ummm, what to do today???
Kathy, who likes to think about scrapbooking

JulesinParadise

Tiki Bar Mgr

I sort mine by manufacturer and store them on flat shelves in my work room closet. I do have two shelves where they are gathered according to future pages in kit bags. Those are sorted by theme.

The cardstock is sorted by color.
Image WAS a TIKI BAR GIRL AND ALWAYS WILL BE

sherry

Cherry Bing

All my plain cardstock sorted by color. Vellum, Christmas, Thanksgiving or Fall- sorted by theme. The rest I went through 2 weeks ago and sorted by manufacturer. It's not the best system because you still have to go through alot of paper, but most manufacturers have different lines of paper that all coordinate so I figured in sorting by manufacturer I would at least have the coordinating papers somewhat together. It was just a huge mish-mash pile before, no hope of finding anything that went with something else. It was really time consuming to do it all, but I am happy it is done and feel it is much better organized now.

1LuckyMom

Sweet Cherry Pie

I have holidays and seasonal papers sorted separately, and I keep a few manufacturers separate as well (like BG, Crate, MME, ...), and also specialty papers have their own shelf (like edged papers), and everything else is by color.

Kimandasmo

Cherry Jubilee

Mine is sorted by manufacturer..in ziplocs and then in craft cases. and bazzill is sorted by color- it is ina big 12*12 vertical holder.

koala1966

Cherry Delight

I am physically incapable of sorting by anything other than manufacturer for almost everything - with one exception, I split all my Christmas stuff out from everything else, but that's because I was trying to use it all up and had a pile of Christmas photos and cards to scrap. The most important part is to keep the trouble-makers separate. For example, MOD paper can not comingle with Autumn Leaves, they are a bad influence on each other and you'll soon find that both have vanished and you'll have to tear apart your entire scrappy area looking for them. I also found that it's best to keep 7Gypsies separate from Basic Grey, or you get a culture clash. But I think the biggest rivalry is Junkitz and Rusty Pickle. When they get started on each other, it's louder than my alarm clock. All you can hear is "You think you're distressed? You don't know what distressed is. I'll show you..." and on and on.

DolphinSoul

Wild Cherry

LMAO Tania! I never knew the papers were such rivals when put together! Mine most always be screaming at each other and I didn't know it!!!:sleeping:

For me I do all my papers by color. Mine are Blue/Green, Orange/Tan, Pink/Purple, Scraps, Paper Packs. Then I categorize all my embellishments by category.. Christmas, Floral, Bling, Letters, Animals, etc. I've never known which companies are which to put them together. I do understand they should be together b/c they are meant to fit each other better. But for me, I'm always jut buying misc peices here and there, so color categorizing was the best for me!

Good luck with it, I know I just went through the Organization Madness a few months back!!! Its worth it though!!!!:winkb: :-D
~ Carissa ~

4peasinourpod

Wild Cherry

Manufacturer for me :winkb:
~pam~

sdwhru

Cherry Jubilee

I do by theme, too. Then I do have solid paper by colors...

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee