Get FREE shipping with your $35 order with code FREESHIP35

happayscrappay

Cherry Bing

I'm in Salt Lake City for the first time
 It's beautiful!  I'm having a great time.  I'm in for a conference that starts tomorrow.  I put pictures of what I did today on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2 ... 1471596163

I hope one of the days to be able to find out where the scrapbook stores are.  It could be an adventure just trying to get to them!

ctaylor0312

Cherry Bing

Re: I'm in Salt Lake City for the first time
 I think I'm one of the only ones in America that's not on Facebook or myspace.  Just answer me this?  Why do I need tobe?  Do I need to be?  I think it might be fun to find some friends from high school.  but is it hard to figure it out?
ImageImageImageImage

happayscrappay

Cherry Bing

It's not hard, and it's easy to share pictures. but everyone does find you from high school
Hi! I'm Rachel
My Blog: Happay Scraps

1grandma

Cherry Addict

Is Salt Lake City pretty?  Why are you there?  Work?  Play?
Bibi

butterfly843

A Cherry on Top

My dh's uncle lives in SLC and it is beautiful.

MLee

Cherry Cola

It's been about 10 years or more since we were last there but I think SLC and the surrounding area, Park City, etc., is one of the most beautiful cities I've ever been to.

Have fun and enjoy it all! Oh, and I never had time to see the SB stores because there are so many great historical things to see there instead. ;) Maybe I should head back there again.

AlwaysHappy

Cherry Cola

ctaylor0312 wrote: I think I'm one of the only ones in America that's not on Facebook or myspace.  Just answer me this?  Why do I need tobe?  Do I need to be?  I think it might be fun to find some friends from high school.  but is it hard to figure it out?

I'm on MySpace, but only because my kids talked me into it.  It really doesn't do anything for me personally.  I know younger people like it, but when you're 61 years old there really isn't any point in my opinion. 
Image ImageImage

anazelia

Cherry Cola

I have always wanted to go to Utah.     One day I will and I will definitely be trying to find some scrapbook stores. 

anazelia

Cherry Cola

ctaylor0312 wrote: I think I'm one of the only ones in America that's not on Facebook or myspace.  Just answer me this?  Why do I need tobe?  Do I need to be?  I think it might be fun to find some friends from high school.  but is it hard to figure it out?
I am on facebook and it is ok.  I have reconnected with some people from high school and college, but honestly I dont't see what the big deal is.    It was fun in the beginning, but now I am kind of over it.  But it is totally easy to use. 

happayscrappay

Cherry Bing

1grandma wrote: Is Salt Lake City pretty?  Why are you there?  Work?  Play?
I'm here for work.  There's a professional conference for chemists.  My students are presenting their research, I'm presenting my research and I'm in charge of one of the sessions.  It's a ton of work but I try to have a little bit of fun, too, especially when I'm some place new.
Hi! I'm Rachel
My Blog: Happay Scraps

Nikki_E

Cherry Cropper

I bet it is beautiful there.
Nikki

When you see me with a smile on my face, then you'll know I'm a mental case. ~ Alice Cooper

debamas

Wild Cherry

Hope your conference goes well. Do find a bit of time to explore the place. I'd love to be able to travel even if for work!
Debbie

lilkoala3

Bowl Full of Cherries

I'm glad you're having fun! 
Leslie

Tscrap

Cherry Tart

SLC is beautiful.  I used to go to a lot of meetings there for work.

My daughter is at the ACS meeting also.  She is presenting her first poster.  She is a Beckman Scholar and is required to make a presentation at an ACS meeting and luckily was accepted at this meeting!  A number of students from her lab are there - mostly the grad students.  So thank you for your efforts to give these students such a wonderful opportunity!

dianagirly

Cherry Cropper

Pssst!!! I live half an hour away from SLC, in Roy. If you want some advice on things to see, just PM me! :)

mkcdaisy

Cherry Cola

have fun and try to find a store (or 2 - hey even 3) :-D

craftyfool

Cherry Cola

I just got home from SLC late Saturday night!!!  It was 80 degrees while I was there and I woke up this morning to snow.  :?  I THOUGHT I packed that weather in my suitcase, but I guess it escaped.

Have fun!!

terri04

Cherry Bing

I haven't been there in at least 15 years but it was beautiful then.  have some fun

Return to “General Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee