Hey all...

Moderator: ACOT Employee

Layla
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 156

Hey all...

Post by Layla »

Hey everyone!
Just wanted to check in and say hey to all my scrappy friends and let you know how the boys and I are doing.  Lots has changed for me finally.  I quit my job in December at the hospital.  It was time for me to find something else to do.  I was getting bored with life in general I guess and wanted to shake things up a bit and since i wasnt really going anywhere there I decided I should go back to school.  Long story short I couldn't get my financial aid in order but had already put in notice at work so I paid for one of the harder math classes I'll need on my own and I'm about halfway through with it now.  I'm doing good amazingly but its because I can focus all my school energies on that one class so it was probably a good thing.  I also started teaching fitness classes at the rec in my town for some money... thats going well and its helped me lose another 10 pounds or so, meaning I haven't gained a lick of it back!  Yay.  So I'm about 90 to 95 lbs gone now depending on the day. 
The inevitable happened with my Tyler though.  December 16th his shunt went bad so he was rushed to University of Iowa in the middle of the night and he had a 3rd ventriculostomy done, which is having a hole poked between the 3rd and 4th ventricle of his brain to relieve the pressure from extra fluid.  We aren't sure how long his shunt had been malfunctioning but I'd noticed a change in his behavior and sure enough.  He is doing great now back to his normal self.  :)  The other 2 boys are good too.  My kids as I'm sure all of yours too are getting old!  Ty's about to turn 9, Garrett is 10 and Luke is 12.  Oh man is Luke 12.  Ugh.
Anyway I hope you all are doing great!  If you want to drop me a line on my regular email it is scrapbooknazi@yahoo.com.  Im not sure I'll get back on here to read this since I rarely get online anymore. Let me know how you are!
Layla
~Layla
Pinky Up! The higher you hold it, the fancier you are!
bigsmartass
Sweet Cherry Pie
Gallery: 54

Re: Hey all...

Post by bigsmartass »

Hydrocephalous can be such a scary thing.. good thing you were on top of it!

I'm a newbie here, so I don't know you.. but good luck with everything!
Image Laurie, aka Image Image

If you can't convince them, confuse them
Mom2Bri
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 248

Post by Mom2Bri »

Hey Layla!

I wondered where you had got off to. I'm glad school is going good for you and I'm glad Tyler is doing better now.
Teresa --"When the power of love is greater than the love of power,
the world will know peace."
http://www.acherryontop.com/i/thumbnail ... linkie.gif
koala1966
Cherry Delight
Gallery: 2526

Post by koala1966 »

Hey Layla, glad everything is going well for you.
kennabeans
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 39

Post by kennabeans »

Welcome back Layla. What is your secret for losing that much weight? I have a bunch to lose and can use any advice I can get.
ImageImageImage
Midge
Cherry Cropper
Gallery: 213

Post by Midge »

Nice to "see" you Layla. Hope all stays well!

eta: changed is to stays :-D
Dawn

April layouts: 0/10

March cards: 4/4
March layouts: 10/10

On a no-buy - 19/100 layouts completed before I can buy. Don't show me the goodies!
lilkoala3
Bowl Full of Cherries
Gallery: 863

Post by lilkoala3 »

Geez!  Where the hell have you been!? :-D :-D :-D
Leslie
1grandma
Cherry Addict
Gallery: 187

Post by 1grandma »

I am glad that things worked out well for Tyler.  And that your math class is doing good.
Bibi
butterfly843
A Cherry on Top
Gallery: 874

Post by butterfly843 »

Glad to see you here! It's great that your math class is going so well.
terri04
Cherry Bing

Post by terri04 »

good luck with the math class.  it is tough to go back to school
MelissaM
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 319

Post by MelissaM »

Good to see you...glad to hear things are going well!
Melissa
formally known as mkyanne

SBcrazee
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 28

Post by SBcrazee »

So good to hear that things are going well for you Layla & you continue to keep up with the weight loss. Wtg!!! I still remember you posting pictures of your bike races. Glad to hear that the boys are doing well too & very happy that everything worked out with Tyler. Take care of yourself & come back here whenever you can.Good luck with school!
ImageImage
Layla
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 156

Post by Layla »

hehe thanks you guys! Told ya I never get on... I'm just now checking this... I posted it in march. :bluesad: Anyhoo... still doing good! I'm in school full time now... wow. Its hard. I'm still teaching at the rec and now I'm just maintaining my weight. Someone asked what my secret was... there isn't one. I was in line for gastric bypass and decided to try ONE MORE TIME. So I got my butt to the gym and ate right. I started with Weight Watchers to get my portion control right and made sure I did cardio as well as toning up with weights. Now I teach class! :) Anyway... the kids are doing great as well. I'm on facebook now if any of ya wanna add me... just let me know who you are as I'm sure you aren't going by your ACOT screen names HAHAH! I'm on MaBuglet (Jamie)s page if you need a point of reference and you are friends with her on FB. Sorry Jamie for the unauthorized reference... :greeninlove:
~Layla
Pinky Up! The higher you hold it, the fancier you are!
MaBuglet
A Cherry on Top
Gallery: 382

Post by MaBuglet »

pahaha just throw me under the bus...humph...whatever. Now they know we're friends :P
CHEERS~~
Grandma Flowers
Cherry Cropper
Gallery: 5

Post by Grandma Flowers »

Glad your life is going well! Come back and visit more often.
Image Image Image Image

---Jan---
suslvgeo
Cherry Addict
Gallery: 517

Post by suslvgeo »

yeah but but but, Jamie has like 5 million friends to sort through. LOL
SUS ImageImageImage
kennabeans
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 39

Post by kennabeans »

Glad things are going well for you and once again congrats on the weight loss and maintenance.
ImageImageImage
Judy in NM
Cherry Garcia
Gallery: 63

Post by Judy in NM »

Hi Layla -- Nice to **see** you and hear your update. I'm glad Tyler's doing well. Congrats on going back to school and on keeping up the weight loss!
~~ Judy ~~

Return to “General Talk”