Social Microcosm - revisited

Moderator: ACOT Employee

imwickedwitch
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 545

Re: Social Microcosm - revisited

Post by imwickedwitch »

I'd hate to see this thread deleted because it's a great reminder. 
Becky

Image Image Image
Art_Teacher
Cherry Crush
Gallery: 2362

Post by Art_Teacher »

So the fact that this thread was resurrected after two years, on the same day there was a conflict on the board is merely a coincidence?

Sorry. Not buying it.
Tracy, I did not say it was a coincidence, just that I brought it to the top for a different reason...I saw Amy's post on the thread that was locked, and this thread was entertaining to me to look back on...I was not bringing it up to continue drama.  I guess I should've known it would, though, so I apologized, since that wasn't my intent.  I think anyone who has been around a long time knows that I am not a s*#t stirrer...I generally stay out of it.    I think Sus understands what I meant, but if this is going to be a problem, we should lock this thread, too.  (I don't believe I have that power, though.)
Laura
 Image    Image     Image  Image  Image
MLee
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 404

Post by MLee »

Sus refuses to lock the thread or delete it despite the things that have been said on it. The only thing that you can do Luara is delete it.

suslvgeo
Cherry Addict
Gallery: 517

Post by suslvgeo »

This is not Laura's thread, this is not a new thread, this is a thread that has been around since before most of the board members even came here.

I do not like locking a thread, as I think it is everyone's right to speak their minds, however, if it keeps up I will contact the author of this thread and take measures. Although, I for one would hate to see it locked becuase it is something that has a point.
SUS ImageImageImage
corriekate
Cherry Bomb
Gallery: 71

Post by corriekate »

I don't agree with Locking Threads for the same reason...I feel everyone should be able to voice their opinion. 

If the message is really one of importance to many people then might I suggest copying the original message in to a new message and locking it right away?  Then you can always "pin" it in the announcements at the top so it is visible at all times.

Sucks when things get out of hand.
MLee
Cherry Cola

Post by MLee »

I must be like Beatriz because I'm looking over this thread and I do not see Amy's original thread. I see it on the old thread which was locked yesterday but I do not see it on this thread.

Art_Teacher
Cherry Crush

Post by Art_Teacher »

That is weird.  I see 5 pages of responses and the original post is the very first one, posted by FurBaby Mom.  Wonder if only those of us oldies who were here when it was originally posted can see it?
Laura
baltoscrapper
Bowl Full of Cherries
Gallery: 358

Post by baltoscrapper »

I see it Laura. The only thing that's missing is it had one of our old smilies on it, that we no longer have, so it shows as a red x, but otherwise, the original post is first one.
I used to be a "celebrity cherry", but now I'm in re-hab...... Holy Carp!
LoveMyBella
Product Promotions
Gallery: 437

Post by LoveMyBella »

OMG...Amy, look at the date on this!  We had 6 month old babies...and the fam and I were just about to come out to see you in Cali!  Time flies! 

I

Laura Fiore
Wild Cherry
Gallery: 1270

Post by Laura Fiore »

I'm on page 5 too...I don't know why it's not showing up for you M'Lee. I've only been around here about 2-1/2 years. That's definitely weird.
-Shannon-
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 148

Post by -Shannon- »

Yikes, I come back to look around an say hi and there's been "drama".  :?
- Shannon

I have an everyday religion that works for me. Love yourself first, and everything else falls into line.
-Lucille Ball

MLee
Cherry Cola

Post by MLee »

Sus and I have already discussed this. If you're not a mod or a CT team member our defaults put what we can see as 3 or 6 months. I have mine set at 1 year. So those of you who are on the CT, etc. or have gone in and set your default at "all posts" see the entire thread.

The rest of us, or newbies like Beatriz, were only seeing the thread that Laura started today. Even when we looked further back we only saw back as far as one year.

Once  Sus and I talk and talk and talked some more we realized what the problem was and I reset it to see "all posts" and the confusion was cleared up.

However, for most of the day half of you were seeing one thing and half of us were seeing something completely different which led to the confusion and the aggrevation. I have apologized profusely to both Sus and to Laura for making assumptions based on my lack of the facts.

Is that okay now?

Laura Fiore
Wild Cherry
Gallery: 1270

Post by Laura Fiore »

Well, that explains it perfectly M'Lee. I'm glad to see that it was just a misunderstanding. 

Funny how we learn new things about the forums all the time, isn't it?
MLee
Cherry Cola

Post by MLee »

Yes it is Laura and what cool minds (even disagreeing ones) and cooperating spirits cooresponding back and forth via PM until a situation is solved can do as well. It helped a lot. Hopefully it will all be over now.

-Shannon-
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 148

Post by -Shannon- »

Themom wrote: Yes it is Laura and what cool minds (even disagreeing ones) and cooperating spirits cooresponding back and forth via PM until a situation is solved can do as well. It helped a lot. Hopefully it will all be over now.
I don't know all the details...and that's okay by me but I too hope all is well now.  :inlove:
- Shannon

I have an everyday religion that works for me. Love yourself first, and everything else falls into line.
-Lucille Ball

Art_Teacher
Cherry Crush

Post by Art_Teacher »

I hope everything is good now, too.  I had no idea that people couldn't see the original post...weird!  I do learn something new about this site every day!
Laura
lilkoala3
Bowl Full of Cherries
Gallery: 803

Post by lilkoala3 »

I was just thinking back to the old days...  Who was the person that always posted the popcorn lady when the drama started?  That always made me giggle. 
Leslie
-Tracy-
Wild Cherry
Gallery: 439

Post by -Tracy- »

lilkoala3 wrote: I was just thinking back to the old days...  Who was the person that always posted the popcorn lady when the drama started?  That always made me giggle. 
Image  :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

Personally, I like this one:

On a molecular level, I'm very busy.
lilkoala3
Bowl Full of Cherries
Gallery: 803

Post by lilkoala3 »

Was that you, Tracy?  Because there was this one image that was always posted of a lady holding a box of popcorn. 
Leslie
-Tracy-
Wild Cherry
Gallery: 439

Post by -Tracy- »

lilkoala3 wrote: Was that you, Tracy?  Because there was this one image that was always posted of a lady holding a box of popcorn. 
Nah, I wasn't here then. Perhaps Moody?
On a molecular level, I'm very busy.

Return to “General Talk”