My GORGEOUS Anthropologie dress

Moderator: ACOT Employee

MLee
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 404

Re: My GORGEOUS Anthropologie dress

Post by MLee »

No, strongly convicted. Someone should be.

I wasn't trying to make her feel guilty over purchasing the dress - she can do whatever she pleases with the money.
Posting the price on here was a bit much and just as she had the right post the price and you have the right to bash me for my post, I had the right to say HOLY COW over the price, now didn't I?

There are posts on this board all of the time that are made that I never comment on that are against my philisophical or moral beliefs. I  never call anyone out on them. I never say a thing. This time I said something and I have that right as much as you do.

Enjoy the dress. And I will continue to think that the price tag should not have been posted on line.
Last edited by MLee on Mon Feb 23, 2009 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Flapdoodle
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 3

Post by Flapdoodle »

Seriously!!

Diana's going through some scary stuff concerning her health right now. I think she deserves to have something that makes her feel pretty.

$188 may not be what many of us would pay for a dress ALL the time, but you know what?  I doubt she does, either.

And Diana's right about many of the scrappers here paying that much for scrapping stuff. And more.

No one says anything to them about that, do they?

Sure, people are losing jobs and finding it hard to get by.  We all know that. Try telling that to the women who come into the store where I work and drop a couple of thousand dollars on clothes every day!

It's all relative. A $188 dress may not be a necessity. But neither is a $300 Cricut machine.
ImageIf life gives you lemons, go find an annoying person with paper cuts.
dianagirly
Cherry Cropper
Gallery: 812

Post by dianagirly »

M' Lee- I actually TRIED to post just the pic from the site and it wouldn't let me because of it's detailed zoom feature. 

As a woman with a cancer scare who is feeling extremly ugly inside- I decided to purchase something for myself that reminds me of the beauty and feminen qualities I can still have with or with out my "girly guts." 

The average survival rate for women with ovarian cancer is less than 5 years because usually it is caught too late. So you want to tell me more about HARD TIMES???

LoveMyBella
Product Promotions
Gallery: 437

Post by LoveMyBella »

Kinda frilly for me...but it's definitely *you*.  :winkb:  Our Anthropologie is right next to the spa where I get my hairs colored...I just "popped" in last summer and left with a dress (or two :sleeping:). They have really cute stuff.  The store itself is kinda weird though...dishes, dresses, et all in one place.  LOL!

I don't get a paycheck for the job I do, so my husband, like yours, doesn't mind a little indulgence once in a while. I never post my gifts/purchases anymore for this very reason...

dianagirly
Cherry Cropper

Post by dianagirly »

LoveMyBella wrote: Kinda frilly for me...but it's definitely *you*.  :winkb:  Our Anthropologie is right next to the spa where I get my hairs colored...I just "popped" in last summer and left with a dress (or two :sleeping:). They have really cute stuff.  The store itself is kinda weird though...dishes, dresses, et all in one place.  LOL! *It's just and upscale Target. LOL*

I don't get a paycheck for the job I do, so my husband, like yours, doesn't mind a little indulgence once in a while. I never post my gifts/purchases anymore for this very reason... 
Lesson learned!
Sus79
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 1714

Post by Sus79 »

Wow, that is a stunning dress :inlove: I love it Diana, you are gonna look FAB! in it :inlove: :-D
ImageImageImageImageImage

deerewife
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 483

Post by deerewife »

It's very pretty Diana.  I didn't look at the price tag at all...and who is know if you got it on sale?  Or used a giftcard? 

Keep posting stuff - it's now I live vircariously!  I would have no where to wear a fancy dress!
Image Image Image Image

Jenna - Mom to Emily (2/02) & Kaitlyn (2/04)
baltoscrapper
Bowl Full of Cherries
Gallery: 358

Post by baltoscrapper »

Diana, you have no reason what-so-ever to feel guilty at ALL! I'm sure by being that FABULOUS CT gal that you are, you probably saved more than the $188 with your talents earning you product that other people have to pay for. You totally deserve that dress!!! Wear it and BE BEAUTIFUL like we all know you are! :inlove:
I used to be a "celebrity cherry", but now I'm in re-hab...... Holy Carp!
dianagirly
Cherry Cropper

Post by dianagirly »

baltoscrapper wrote: Diana, you have no reason what-so-ever to feel guilty at ALL! I'm sure by being that FABULOUS CT gal that you are, you probably saved more than the $188 with your talents earning you product that other people have to pay for. You totally deserve that dress!!! Wear it and BE BEAUTIFUL like we all know you are! :inlove:

Thanks Cec! I am thinking of going and putting it on today as a matt o fact! :)
NJTheresa
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 45

Post by NJTheresa »

wow that is a beautiful dress. LOL I remember why I dont look there more often for something. I have my brothers wedding in Aug and need a pretty dress.
Might have to stop in a try this one on. Would love to see it on you. Now go out and have fun in it.
ImageImageImageImage
craftyfool
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 247

Post by craftyfool »

GORGEOUS dress.  It would look really BAD on me...but I can SO see it on you!  I would love a picture to see if I'm right!!! ;)

And for the record...I didn't look at the price, I looked at the dress since that what you were showing.  I have learned that everyone is very very different because God created us that way.  We all have different situations and crosses to bear and we all turn to different methods to deal with those things, whatever they are.

MUAH!  You wear it with pride Girlfriend!!
GRACEpunches5
Cherry Garcia
Gallery: 575

Post by GRACEpunches5 »

that is very pretty. you will look beautiful in it.
[url=http://gavinrandyalizacandyellie.blogspot.com/:22hb4o89]http://gavinrandyalizacandyellie.blogspot.com/[/url:22hb4o89]

[color=#ff4080:22hb4o89]Feb. 2010 Crop: 14 Challenges and 5 Fast Scraps
May 2010 Crop: 19 Challenges and 4 Fast Scraps[/color:22hb4o89][/font:22hb4o89]
[color=#bf0080:22hb4o89]August 2010 Crop: 9 Challenges and 4 Fast Scraps[/color:22hb4o89][/font:22hb4o89]
[/font:22hb4o89][color=#ff8080:22hb4o89]November 2010: 10 Challenges and 5 Fast Scraps[/color:22hb4o89][/font:22hb4o89]
[/font:22hb4o89][color=#ff4080:22hb4o89][img:22hb4o89]http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g70/c ... -1-1-1.jpg[/img:22hb4o89][/color:22hb4o89][/font:22hb4o89][img:22hb4o89]http://creative.ak.fbcdn.net/v41818/fly ... c52db0.jpg[/img:22hb4o89][img:22hb4o89]http://pagemaps.com/images/blinkies/PMBlinkie88x33.gif[/img:22hb4o89]
baltoscrapper
Bowl Full of Cherries
Gallery: 358

Post by baltoscrapper »

Oh, and did I mention that I WISH that I could fit in that dress, but apparently, they don't make it in "fatty patty" sizes!!! LOL! :-D
I used to be a "celebrity cherry", but now I'm in re-hab...... Holy Carp!
Grandma Flowers
Cherry Cropper
Gallery: 5

Post by Grandma Flowers »

Anthropologie has such neat stuff.
Image Image Image Image

---Jan---
lilkoala3
Bowl Full of Cherries
Gallery: 813

Post by lilkoala3 »

The girl is hot and should be wearing cute dresses everday if you ask me.  Sometimes in life, we all deserve to treat ourselves.  If there's one person that deserves it, I'd say it's one that's about to have surgery. 

I have no idea how Diana lives her life, but I do know that she once sent me little koala earrings for no reason except that she thought I might like them.  From her posts on here, you can tell that she's a giving and caring mother and wife.  It's people like that that deserve to spend money on themselves occasionally, especially if they haven't bought a dress in 4 stinkin' years. 

Where do we draw the line anyway?  Who says what's "too much" for a dress?  I, personally, would pay no more than 10 bucks, but that's me, and I don't expect other people to live like that.  I have friends that blow a thousand bucks on a dress, and I don't judge them either, and for good reason because some of them donate lots and lots of money and time to charities.

I'm not Christian by any means, but I have always agreed that it's not my job to judge others. 
Leslie
MLee
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 404

Post by MLee »

[img]M'%20Lee-%20I%20actually%20TRIED%20to%20post%20just%20the%20pic%20from%20the%20site%20and%20it%20wouldn't%20let%20me%20because%20of%20it's%20detailed%20zoom%20feature.%20%20%20%20As%20a%20woman%20with%20a%20cancer%20scare%20who%20is%20feeling%20extremly%20ugly%20inside-%20I%20decided%20to%20purchase%20something%20for%20myself%20that%20reminds%20me%20of%20the%20beauty%20and%20feminen%20qualities%20I%20can%20still%20have%20with%20or%20with%20out%20my[/img]M' Lee- I actually TRIED to post just the pic from the site and it wouldn't let me because of it's detailed zoom feature. 

As
a woman with a cancer scare who is feeling extremly ugly inside- I
decided to purchase something for myself that reminds me of the beauty
and feminen qualities I can still have with or with out my "girly
guts." 

The average survival rate for women with ovarian cancer
is less than 5 years because usually it is caught too late. So you want
to tell me more about HARD TIMES???
Things I've learned to today about this scrap site:

Only certain people may post their ideas, thoughts, and feelings
If you post something contrary to a certain group you will be castegated, verbally abused and hammered via PM and openly until you are humiliated
You must participate only in group-speak, group-think and no other thoughts or ideas are allowed
Voicing an opinion other than the norm is "judging" the other person - although you might want to look up the word in the dictionary.

You have no idea what my life, health or financial situation is like either. Just because I choose not to share with every Tom, Dick or Sally what my needs or health issues are does not mean that I or others on this board do not have them.

For the record Diana, there is not ONE thing that you are currently going through healthwise that I have not already gone through before you. In 1992, I had exactly the same procedures and radiation and ultimately a complete hysterectomy so I know exactly the odds for ovarian and cervical cancer patients. I have had two grandmothers die from cancer and I know my odds. I live with and am a fighting a dibilitating illness every day I'm alive and am watching my mother die from the same illness so I have clue about that as well.

What? I didn't post that every where? I didn't say that our money in the stock market that crashed would have paid for more and longer, possibly better treatment? Gee, I  don't spread every thing around like I should, I guess. I didn't make assumptions about your money and whether or not you had it to spend, I said that was a lot of money to pay for a dress.

But my real concern was posting the price to flaunt it for everyone to see.

I don't care where you spend the money. I posted a thought. I'm entitled. I still think it's crazy to spend $200 on a dress from a company that is known for using sweat shop labor, I don't care who you are. But that's just an opinion just like so many of you post every single day that you are on here.

dianagirly
Cherry Cropper

Post by dianagirly »

lilkoala3 wrote:The girl is hot and should be wearing cute dresses everday if you ask me.  Sometimes in life, we all deserve to treat ourselves.  If there's one person that deserves it, I'd say it's one that's about to have surgery. 

I have no idea how Diana lives her life, but I do know that she once sent me little koala earrings for no reason except that she thought I might like them.  From her posts on here, you can tell that she's a giving and caring mother and wife.  It's people like that that deserve to spend money on themselves occasionally, especially if they haven't bought a dress in 4 stinkin' years. 

Where do we draw the line anyway?  Who says what's "too much" for a dress?  I, personally, would pay no more than 10 bucks, but that's me, and I don't expect other people to live like that.  I have friends that blow a thousand bucks on a dress, and I don't judge them either, and for good reason because some of them donate lots and lots of money and time to charities.

I'm not Christian by any means, but I have always agreed that it's not my job to judge others. 
Leslie-thank you sooooo much!! I know that when you say something you mean it.

You women who have stood up for me and said I deserve it-THANK YOU!! Your kindness is so touching. I don't think any of you truely know how much it means to me. SMOOOOOOCH!!
lilkoala3
Bowl Full of Cherries
Gallery: 813

Post by lilkoala3 »

Themom wrote:
 [img]M'%20Lee-%20I%20actually%20TRIED%20to%20post%20just%20the%20pic%20from%20the%20site%20and%20it%20wouldn't%20let%20me%20because%20of%20it's%20detailed%20zoom%20feature.%20%20%20%20As%20a%20woman%20with%20a%20cancer%20scare%20who%20is%20feeling%20extremly%20ugly%20inside-%20I%20decided%20to%20purchase%20something%20for%20myself%20that%20reminds%20me%20of%20the%20beauty%20and%20feminen%20qualities%20I%20can%20still%20have%20with%20or%20with%20out%20my[/img]M' Lee- I actually TRIED to post just the pic from the site and it wouldn't let me because of it's detailed zoom feature. 

As
a woman with a cancer scare who is feeling extremly ugly inside- I
decided to purchase something for myself that reminds me of the beauty
and feminen qualities I can still have with or with out my "girly
guts." 

The average survival rate for women with ovarian cancer
is less than 5 years because usually it is caught too late. So you want
to tell me more about HARD TIMES???
Things I've learned to today about this scrap site:

Only certain people may post their ideas, thoughts, and feelings
If you post something contrary to a certain group you will be castegated, verbally abused and hammered via PM and openly until you are humiliated
You must participate only in group-speak, group-think and no other thoughts or ideas are allowed
Voicing an opinion other than the norm is "judging" the other person - although you might want to look up the word in the dictionary.

You have no idea what my life, health or financial situation is like either. Just because I choose not to share with every Tom, Dick or Sally what my needs or health issues are does not mean that I or others on this board do not have them.

For the record Diana, there is not ONE thing that you are currently going through healthwise that I have not already gone through before you. In 1992, I had exactly the same procedures and radiation and ultimately a complete hysterectomy so I know exactly the odds for ovarian and cervical cancer patients. I have had two grandmothers die from cancer and I know my odds. I live with and am a fighting a dibilitating illness every day I'm alive and am watching my mother die from the same illness so I have clue about that as well.

What? I didn't post that every where? I didn't say that our money in the stock market that crashed would have paid for more and longer, possibly better treatment? Gee, I  don't spread every thing around like I should, I guess. I didn't make assumptions about your money and whether or not you had it to spend, I said that was a lot of money to pay for a dress.

But my real concern was posting the price to flaunt it for everyone to see.

I don't care where you spend the money. I posted a thought. I'm entitled. I still think it's crazy to spend $200 on a dress from a company that is known for using sweat shop labor, I don't care who you are. But that's just an opinion just like so many of you post every single day that you are on here.
I don't know what the PMs that you received said, but nothing that has been posted to this thread strikes me as in any way disrespectful to you or your opinions.  No one on this thread told you not to voice your opinion.  We simply voiced ours.  I didn't like what you said, but I will never deny you the right to say it! 

As you know, I voice MANY opinions that go against the grain around here.  However, I'm always open to hearing the other side of the issue and other people's opinions.  Just because everyone disagrees with me (and this used to be the case when I participated more heavily in the debate forum) doesn't mean that they are attacking me or telling me not to voice my opinions. 
Leslie
my3boyz
Cherry Blossom
Gallery: 80

Post by my3boyz »

It's BEAUTIFUL!!  I want to scrap it!
Proud member of the Queen & Co. Design Team.
Come visit my blog if you want! Image
http://www.kristinhayne.blogspot.com
dianagirly
Cherry Cropper

Post by dianagirly »

M'Lee-my friend~

If you thought I posted the price to flaunt- you must not know me AT ALL. I already told you that I posted the LINK because the images wouldn't allow me to copy and paste. I didn't even give the price tag a single thought. I normally pride myself in being quite frugal. This was a huge splurge for me and it wasn't meant to be in anyone's face.

Just because you have been through hard things, doesn't make it any less hard for me. So gee-thanks for your compassion. Don't get mad at me for you not asking for any. I don't like to go through things alone-good or bad. Many have shared their life experiences here on the board and I value the many things that I learn from others. If you had shared with us before about your harships, perhaps we could help lift your burden. Nobody should carry that load alone.

I've told you before that I respect your right to a difference of opinion. This is not new for either of us. But-I have always tried to be your friend and to be gentle and encouraging. I was sincerely hurt by your post and it seems like the situation is getting much worse.

I haven't encouraged anyone in any way to give you a bad time. I do, however, appreciate those who have stood by me in understanding that I posted the picture of the dress to celebrate some small joy I have been granted with. I have never owned a dress so beautiful or felt so beautiful wearing something before. It was not done to "boast."

Return to “General Talk”