Save at least 20% on all Fall and Halloween products, no promo code needed! Shop Now

DisneyInsider

Sweet Cherry Pie

Re: Calling All Cherries ~ I need some ideas for ribbon storage
candi123 wrote: I probaby have over 10,000 yards of ribbon and about a year ago, I decided to purchase "The Ribbon Ring" which is a very inexpensive storage solution!

http://www.ribbonring.com

This is so cool. Is shipping outragous? I might have to go off my scrap diet for this!!

happayscrappay

Cherry Bing

baltoscrapper wrote: Cut some chipboard (or cereal boxes or mashed potato boxes (I'll never spell potato wrong after the whole Al Gore incident) into rectangles to easily fit in the box

heehee, that was Dan Quayle

and that's a good idea. :)

I have all of mine in plastic bags that I got sheets in. I cut holes in the sides of it and stick the ends of the ribbon out.  It's compact and I can see most of the ribbon that's in there.  Alternatively, I'm starting to store some in jars and was thinking of sewing some fabric boxes because they are cute and I need a reason to make them.  I thought ribbon storage would be a good idea!
Hi! I'm Rachel
My Blog: Happay Scraps

wahoo_mom

Cherry Garcia

After someone here suggested it, I bought one of these, cut slits in it, took the ribbon off the spool, and threaded it through the slits.  It is similar to the ribbon bag, but not transparent (which is good for me because the ribbons all together are hard for me to see).  Avon has them on clearance for $2.99 right now.  Come to think of it, mine is getting full so I should order another.
Heidi
Image ImageImageImage

kittymomma

Cherry Cola

If you have it still on the roll--I use those multi level pants hangers. I alternate small rolls like the little AC on the top, then larger rolls, then another of the little ones. The last section of the pant hanger  does not open to slide rolls on....so for there I have taken the metal rings and those black paper clips--the metal with two little silver things that fold down onto the paper---in each of those black holders I gather any loose ribbons I have, by color, then link one of the silver tabs to the ring and flod the other end donw to hlod the ribbon in....it works great!

naney1952

Chocolate Covered Cherry

scrapsakes wrote: don't you know by now, all scrap supplies multiply when you're not looking?! :-D
 i've mine stored in little glass jars, by color, and i can stuff a lot in there too.
I also have mine in large glass jars that I got at Hobby Lobby....one for each color.....they are also big enough that I can throw in any embellies that I have of that color so they are easy to find.
Jane ImageImage Image
LOYAL COLTS FAN

kennabeans

Cherry Cola

Thanks for all the awesome idas ladies. I think I am going to make a ribbon bag but like the jars for sitting out across the counter.
ImageImageImage

cynderellaj

Cherry Cola

GRACEpunches5 wrote: floss cards!!! and secure them with a paper clip!!! i have two GIANT rings with all my ribbon- one for solid ribbon and one for patterened ribbon :-)
I use the floss cards also and secure with small rubber bands.  I have so much of it that I actually store them in those plastic craft boxes with the divided sections....I have 8 of them.... here is what I am takling about...
Image Image Image
Cyndi
I NEED SA - Scrappers Anonymous!!!

AlwaysHappy

Cherry Cola

cynderellaj wrote:
GRACEpunches5 wrote: floss cards!!! and secure them with a paper clip!!! i have two GIANT rings with all my ribbon- one for solid ribbon and one for patterened ribbon :-)
I use the floss cards also and secure with small rubber bands.  I have so much of it that I actually store them in those plastic craft boxes with the divided sections....I have 8 of them.... here is what I am takling about...

OMG!  You actually have more ribbon than me!!  You probably have more ribbon than anyone in the world.  LOL   Love your organization. 
Image ImageImage

katarria

Chocolate Covered Cherry

I have mine hanging from dowels on shelves in my crop room.  Here's an old pic:

I've since gotten the MM storage shelf unit (2 more dowels) and added a bunch of other shelves to the wall (to get rid of that mess on top of the shelf!).  I like this because it's easy to unroll the ribbon when I need it and it's all displayed so I remember to use it. 

With ribbon that's not on a roll, I keep it in jars on the shelves.
~Kathy
{hopelessly addicted}

Filling my basket with all of the new goodies :)

Teaching_Angel

Cherry Blossom

http://www.acherryontop.com/i/gallery2/115199-490.jpg
http://www.acherryontop.com/i/gallery2/115200-490.jpg

These are two of my drawers of ribbon and I have two more drawers in my toolbox  just like them. I know I have a ribbon addiction but it's a great addition to my pages. I found the small Cropper Hopper boxes worked good for smaller amounts and the clear stacking containers that I found in the jewelry making dept work well for some of the wider ribbons. 
Amy

Nikki_E

Cherry Cropper

I have mine in Mason jars.  And laying around all over the place... ;)
Nikki

When you see me with a smile on my face, then you'll know I'm a mental case. ~ Alice Cooper

kittymomma

Cherry Cola

Teaching_Angel wrote: http://www.acherryontop.com/i/gallery2/115199-490.jpg
http://www.acherryontop.com/i/gallery2/115200-490.jpg

These are two of my drawers of ribbon and I have two more drawers in my toolbox  just like them. I know I have a ribbon addiction but it's a great addition to my pages. I found the small Cropper Hopper boxes worked good for smaller amounts and the clear stacking containers that I found in the jewelry making dept work well for some of the wider ribbons. 
Oh000I like these! I have some of those clear stacking containers. I like the way my ribbons are now--but since our smallest cat has started eating the loose ribbon..and actually some right off a spool--I need to find a different system.

Hudson

Cherry Berry

for ribbon on rolls I would buy some wooden dowels and put hooks in the wall to hang the dowels of ribbon on.  For scraps I have mason jars that I put the pieces in by color.  Got a box of them at a garage sale for a buck.

Return to “General Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee