Photoshop

Moderator: ACOT Employee

bacherry
Cherry Tart
Gallery: 6

Photoshop

Post by bacherry »

Im looking into buying a newer photoshop. i have photoshop 5.0 right now  what can yall tell me about the newer ones that the older ones dont have and would it be worth getting.  my hunsband also wants to get illustrator if we get photoshop so is there like a package where you can get both of them for a lower price
  :)april
ctaylor0312
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 52

Re: Photoshop

Post by ctaylor0312 »

I wish I could help!  I use Walgreens as my photoshop.  Sorry, but thanks for asking the question.  I'm computer challenged.
ImageImageImageImage
Kim2002
Digital Designers
Gallery: 192

Post by Kim2002 »

Do you have the pro version of photoshop 5 or the elements version of 5?  Cuz there is a big difference between those two alone. 

Either way, what exactly do you want to do with it?  Just scrap?  Or do you want to primarily edit your photos?  If you are looking to digital scrap, then I'd say go with PS Elements version 6 or 7.  If you are looking to mostly do photo editing, then go with PSCS 2, 3 or 4.  :)
Kim Hill, Owner & Designer, CG Essentials
Owner, Resources 4 Photographers **photographer tools sold exclusively through A Cherry on Top**
Find me on Facebook

reneyodum
Cherry Tart

Post by reneyodum »

I wish I could help but I am afraid I need help with working Photoshop Elements version 5 I think because it is for a Macintosh. Any help would greatly be appreciated.
kennabeans
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 39

Post by kennabeans »

Everyone talks about PHotoshop but I am not sure what it does and if I should have it or not? Can someone tell me what the benefit of having photoshop is??
ImageImageImage
kennabeans
Cherry Cola

Post by kennabeans »

Everyone talks about PHotoshop but I am not sure what it does and if I should have it or not? Can someone tell me what the benefit of having photoshop is??
ImageImageImage
milmomma
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 67

Post by milmomma »

With photoshop you can digi scrap, alter pictures, make slideshows and more. Its a great program.

ETA: If you are unsure weather PSE  or PSCS would be better for you, there is the free 30 day trials for each on the photoshop website.
kennabeans
Cherry Cola

Post by kennabeans »

thanks milmomma...i think i am going to try the free trials soon
ImageImageImage
Grandma Flowers
Cherry Cropper
Gallery: 5

Post by Grandma Flowers »

The first one I got was PSCS and it is waaay over my head.  I recently got PS3 and am teaching myself on that, then I'll go back to the PSCS.
Image Image Image Image

---Jan---
debamas
Wild Cherry
Gallery: 228

Post by debamas »

Oh my, I see not all are equal. I do not have either at this time as I'm just getting into the photo taking and scrapping. So, before I go out and purchase  I definately need to know what they are about. Thanks for hte heads up.
Debbie

Shanscraps
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 92

Post by Shanscraps »

I don't have any.... I'm no help...
ShanShan

Return to “General Talk”