What did you do for V-day?

Moderator: ACOT Employee

-Tracy-
Wild Cherry
Gallery: 439

What did you do for V-day?

Post by -Tracy- »

I'm chatty Cathy today. :-D

So what did you guys do? Anyone get good prezzies?
On a molecular level, I'm very busy.
ScrapGoo
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 561

Re: What did you do for V-day?

Post by ScrapGoo »

You ARE chatty... yay!! 

One of my oldest friends was in town.  She lives in London and yesterday was her birthday.   We were supposed to be going away for the weekend before I got sick so I had told her we wouldn't be able to attend her birthday party.  Well, after being sick all week we decided to just postpone te weekend away but I didn't tell her and we ended up just going over and surprising her.  It was pretty awesome!  And I had whipped up some chocolate covered strawberries to bring with us. 

Then last night we went out to a fancy restaurant for ginormous steaks.  I love it when we get to get all gussied up and pretend to be civilized! Then we came home...  :winkb: :inlove:

I got him/us a certificate for a sail on one of the Boston tall ships... we can't use it till June when the historic ships are running but it is a date to look forward to!  He got me long stem roses and despite paying extra to ensure them getting here yesterday the florist still screwed up and I didn't get them.  So I will be getting TWO dozen now because of their mistake.  :-D
Cimorosete
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 233

Post by Cimorosete »

Jess...what a unique and great gift.

Since hubby and I are having issues, my sister and BIL took me and Paula out to dinner last night and we went bowling afterwards. We had a blast. :-D
((¸¸.·´*~Treasa·´*¨¨))
May LOs-
My Blog

ImageImageImageImage
-Tracy-
Wild Cherry

Post by -Tracy- »

I didn't know you were sick Jess. Sorry, feeling better?

Your whole day was too awesome! Was your friend so surprised?

mmmm Chocolate Covered Strawbabies AND Steak nom nom nom nom

I would LOVE to go on an historic ship. (I'm a history 'buff') Take lots of pics, I wanna see!!

And yay for the florist messing up! Now you get more flowers! :-D
-Tracy-
Wild Cherry

Post by -Tracy- »

Cimorosete wrote: Jess...what a unique and great gift.

Since hubby and I are having issues, my sister and BIL took me and Paula out to dinner last night and we went bowling afterwards. We had a blast. :-D
That sounds fun! I love bowling! :-D I'm glad you had a good day!
imwickedwitch
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 545

Post by imwickedwitch »

DH and I had a DATE!  We went to dinner at Outback, then to see Gran Torino (best movie I've seen in a looooong time!)  and then, well.....you know.  :greenwinkb:
Becky

Image Image Image
ScrapGoo
Cherry Jubilee

Post by ScrapGoo »

Ok can you guys just see an ACOT bowling party?  We could have bowling shirts with cherries on them!

Tracy, my friend was completely surprised.  It was so much better than if I had called to tell her we were coming.  I LOVE when I get to pull off a fun surprise! 

And I too am a history buff!  I was actually an Ancient History major and Theatre minor until midway through my Junior year in college when I switched them. 

And yes I am feeling much better, thanks!
-Tracy-
Wild Cherry

Post by -Tracy- »

imwickedwitch wrote: DH and I had a DATE!  We went to dinner at Outback, then to see Gran Torino (best movie I've seen in a looooong time!)  and then, well.....you know.  :greenwinkb:
imwickedwitch
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 545

Post by imwickedwitch »

Know what I mean, know what I mean.....

It was better than the movie....
Becky

Image Image Image
-Tracy-
Wild Cherry

Post by -Tracy- »

And I too am a history buff!  I was actually an Ancient History major
and Theatre minor until midway through my Junior year in college when I
switched them.

My favorite time period is from about the 1880's-1920 or so. The turn of the century is just so fascinating to me in how much progress was made in this country. I love reading about how things were built or invented and about how people lived during those times.

Bobby just took me to the book store today (it was a boo-rah day for me - M's AND Borders!). I got a book about Robert Moses. If you aren't from NY you may not have heard about him, but he did all the public works, planning, highways, parks, bridges and dams in the city of NY and across the state, and was apparently a very controversial figure. I look forward to a good read. :)
ScrapGoo
Cherry Jubilee

Post by ScrapGoo »

The turn of the century is a GREAT time to design costumes for... they had some serious dresses back then!  I prefer older stuff.  I have a thing for anything from ancient times to the Renaissance and I am a real freak for Medieval stuff.  I was definietly born in the wrong time period.  I would happily wear a corset every day if it were "the done thing". 
-Tracy-
Wild Cherry

Post by -Tracy- »

ScrapGoo wrote: I would happily wear a corset every day if it were "the done thing". 

Holy crap Jess!! How the heck would we breathe? ***turning blue****
davsar
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 631

Post by davsar »

It sounds like you gals had some fun! 

Valentine's day was a bust here - dh ended up sleeping on the floor (he says he rather sleep on the floor than the couch) I was so upset with him. Ah well, at least I got the bed to myself!
ImageImage
ScrapGoo
Cherry Jubilee

Post by ScrapGoo »

ICanHasCherryOnTop wrote:
ScrapGoo wrote: I would happily wear a corset every day if it were "the done thing". 

Holy crap Jess!! How the heck would we breathe? ***turning blue****
I know, I know... I'm weird!  But I actually LIKE the feeling of confinement somehow... like everything is in its place or something.  You don't have to lace them SO tight that you can't breathe.  That was only fashionable at certain times and in certain places.  NO Victorian corsets for me! :?
-Tracy-
Wild Cherry

Post by -Tracy- »

davsar wrote: It sounds like you gals had some fun! 

Valentine's day was a bust here - dh ended up sleeping on the floor (he says he rather sleep on the floor than the couch) I was so upset with him. Ah well, at least I got the bed to myself!

Awww. Sorry you didn't have a good day. ((((hugs))))
emarie803
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 691

Post by emarie803 »

We have Munchkin this weekend, so nothing too romantic for us. I made frozen pizzas and we went to the Mammoth (lacrosse) game last night, where they beat their rivals! Oh, and the intermission entertainment was Mascot Lacrosse. Different Colorado sports mascots came out and *played* lacrosse. It was serioulsy the most hilarious thing I have seen in a while :-D. Oh, and how Munchkin managed to sleep through the roar at the Pepsi Center (10,000+  people screaming, yelling, cowbells going, horns, loud music, etc) for the first 30 minutes of the game, I have NO clue...
Grandma Flowers
Cherry Cropper
Gallery: 5

Post by Grandma Flowers »

Spent the day coming home from vacation.  Kind of a downer.
Image Image Image Image

---Jan---
kcatt79
Sweet Cherry Pie
Gallery: 276

Post by kcatt79 »

We celebrated Friday night, because we were supposed to be out of town on Valentines Day. My hubby asked the kids doing the singing Valentines to deliver one to me. It was so sweet, these four teens showing up at the door to sing. I loved it!

wife of one, mother of FOUR! :)

http://socksscrapsandotherthings.blogspot.com/
butterfly843
A Cherry on Top
Gallery: 874

Post by butterfly843 »

We were going to go out to dinner. But I am getting over a cold and I have to do 2 shots a night right now since our ivf is this week. Plus I had to be up early this morning for a dr appointment. So I made french onion soup, chicken cordon bleu, mashed potatoes and mini cheesecakes. DH had flowers sent to work for me with a box of godiva chocolate. Also got a beautiful new necklace with matching earrings.
-Tracy-
Wild Cherry

Post by -Tracy- »

emarie803 wrote: We have Munchkin this weekend, so nothing too romantic for us. I made frozen pizzas and we went to the Mammoth (lacrosse) game last night, where they beat their rivals! Oh, and the intermission entertainment was Mascot Lacrosse. Different Colorado sports mascots came out and *played* lacrosse. It was serioulsy the most hilarious thing I have seen in a while :-D. Oh, and how Munchkin managed to sleep through the roar at the Pepsi Center (10,000+  people screaming, yelling, cowbells going, horns, loud music, etc) for the first 30 minutes of the game, I have NO clue...
That sounds hysterical!

kcatt79 wrote: We celebrated Friday night, because we were supposed to be out of town on Valentines Day. My hubby asked the kids doing the singing Valentines to deliver one to me. It was so sweet, these four teens showing up at the door to sing. I loved it!
Awwwww!!!! That's so sweet. :inlove:

butterfly843 wrote: We were going to go out to dinner. But I am getting over a cold and I have to do 2 shots a night right now since our ivf is this week. Plus I had to be up early this morning for a dr appointment. So I made french onion soup, chicken cordon bleu, mashed potatoes and mini cheesecakes. DH had flowers sent to work for me with a box of godiva chocolate. Also got a beautiful new necklace with matching earrings.

SCORE!! Who doesn't love to get the pretties?

Grandma - sorry you had a downer day. Where did you go on vaca?

Return to “General Talk”