Get FREE shipping with your $35 order with code FREESHIP35

FurBaby_Mom

Wild Cherry

Put on your thinking caps...
 Here's my idea.  I thought it would be fun for Eli to bring little treats/goodie bags when his baby brother is born.  My dad will probably be taking him to preschool and I'm sure that our routine will be a little off, so I think this would help him be excited to go.  I suspect that he's going to be tired and want to stay home - especially with my dad visiting (and later my mom).
 First of all, is this a lame idea?
 Second, if it isn't...what could I put in the bags?  Blue things?  I'm all out of creative ideas. :bluesleeping: (that's me being sleepy)
Amy
"hoarder of supplies"

craftyfool

Cherry Cola

Re: Put on your thinking caps...
 You mean goodie bags to give to his friends, right?

How about a small baby doll?  The Dollar store here sells some, so you wouldn't have to break the bank.  And then everyone would get to share the excitement of a "new baby"? :)

jmo95

Cherry Cola

Are they allowed to do candy?  the first thing that came to mind was baby bottle pops...lol.  I have seen lollipops that say it's a boy on it.  other than that....i'm not sure.
Jenn
Don't fear the challenge, challenge the fear.

Image Image

Cimorosete

Chocolate Covered Cherry

I think its a wonderful idea.  I think it would be cute to put blue and white candies in the bag. Hmmmm...I know right now finding white candies is easy, but I can't think of anything blue. I'll keep my thinking cap on.
((¸¸.·´*~Treasa·´*¨¨))
May LOs-
My Blog

ImageImageImageImage

FurBaby_Mom

Wild Cherry

I should add that they wouldn't eat it at preschool, so candy is a good idea.  And I also can't do anything home-baked (not like I'd have time anyway!)
Amy
"hoarder of supplies"

SarahA

Chocolate Covered Cherry

You could do the blue & white M&M's you can find in the bulk candy section.
That is a cute idea! :)

Heidi1154

Cherry Bomb

Maybe stickers!

ImageImageImageImageImage

tinkerbelldani

Sweet Cherry Pie

Can it be cupcakes with blue icing?
ImageDani

pawprints

A Cherry on Top

I was going to suggest blue and white M&Ms too. I think you can buy the individual colors in Michael's in the baby shower favors section. They also have blue Hershey's kisses that say "It's a boy" on the little tab that comes out of the top of blue wrapped kisses. I know because I got the pink "It's a girl" ones for my dd's baby shower. You can buy a few bags of them and then get little baby blocks or booties or even little blue bags and put a few kisses or a bunch of the M&Ms in each of them. They have all that stuff at Michael's too.

ImageImage Image Image  

Queen Mum

Cherry Addict

How about really simple cards that he can hand out that say,

I'm a big brother to __________.  He was born on________

You can print everything you know out now and then fill in the blank for date  later.
Queen Mum - Grammy to Princess Bump (Lisa Giann) and Princess Bean (Gia Bella)

SBcrazee

Cherry Jubilee

Don't forget to send him to school in a Big brother shirt & buy him a gift from baby brother who thinks he's going to be the best big bro when he sees his baby brother for the first time.
ImageImage

baltoscrapper

Bowl Full of Cherries

aww, what this a cute idea!!! I guess you're getting really close! I love the M & M idea and the card where he fills out the card saying his brothers name and birthday!
I used to be a "celebrity cherry", but now I'm in re-hab...... Holy Carp!

catsx2

Sweet Cherry Pie

What about teddy grahams and yogurt?  Amy I have a simple recipe for a dip that if you want I'll make it and bring it over when the baby arrives for Eli to take it school.
Nicole

bluetulip

Cherry Bomb

I think the stickers would be a great idea!
ImageImageImageImage

scrapsakes

Chocolate Covered Cherry

such a cool idea, it'll make him feel a part of this special day
 in his own way too and he'll have fun memories to remember.

if you have a party city near you, they have TONS of lil' stuff
 in bulk, so very affordable, but way better than cheap $ ones.
"a heart in love with beauty never grows old" Image (turkish proverb)

Shanscraps

Cherry Bing

the vanilla tootsie rolls are wrapped in blue... they have them at the dollar tree.... how about blue jelly beans in a little bag with a tag that says it's a boy.... or if you live somewhere better than me you could probably find blue m&m's, maybe even in the easter section, I noticed Walmart is already putting theirs out....
ShanShan

jmo95

Cherry Cola

There is also blue blow pops(my fav.) blue jolly ranchers, and blue fun dip....YUMMY. lol  oh and blue pixie stix.   sorry...for some reason candy just took over my brain.
Jenn
Don't fear the challenge, challenge the fear.

Image Image

deerewife

Cherry Jubilee

One of the kids at Kaitlyn's preschool did this.  She got a pink tootsie roll sucker, some stickers and a little notebook.  It was just put in a clear treat bag.
Image Image Image Image

Jenna - Mom to Emily (2/02) & Kaitlyn (2/04)

justred2u

Cherry Picker

SarahA wrote: You could do the blue & white M&M's you can find in the bulk candy section.
That is a cute idea! :)
This was what I was thinking also ... places like Party City will have these bags of M&Ms.  You will be able to find all kinds of things in the larger than normal qty. bags/pkgs. ... the little bags with the twist ties, etc.  I think this would be an awesome idea and believe Eli would too!
Leslie Mar 1/10
ImageImage
1) Rebel. Refuse to accept the idea that creativity is work.
2) Play. Think like a child.
3) Zone. Tune out negative vibes.
4) Feel. Open your heart, nurture your imagination.

pawprints

A Cherry on Top

pawprints wrote: I was going to suggest blue and white M&Ms too. I think you can buy the individual colors in Michael's in the baby shower favors section. They also have blue Hershey's kisses that say "It's a boy" on the little tab that comes out of the top of blue wrapped kisses. I know because I got the pink "It's a girl" ones for my dd's baby shower. You can buy a few bags of them and then get little baby blocks or booties or even little blue bags and put a few kisses or a bunch of the M&Ms in each of them. They have all that stuff at Michael's too.
Ooops! After reading everyone's else's posts I realize that I made a mistake saying I saw all these things at Michael's... it was Party City... not Michael's. My bad.

ImageImage Image Image  

Return to “General Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee