Twlight Saga by Stephanie Meyer

A place to talk about books! [Public]

Moderator: scrapperqueen

carolynlontin
Cherry Picker
Gallery: 40

Twlight Saga by Stephanie Meyer

Post by carolynlontin »

Anyone reading the Twilight Saga books??
missmandiemoo
Cherry Tart

Re: Twlight Saga by Stephanie Meyer

Post by missmandiemoo »

I read all four in a week!  They were so addicting to me.  I'd stay up until the wee hours to keep reading.  Now I'm going through withdrawals, trying to get in to another book.  I will be in line to see this movie!
carolynlontin
Cherry Picker

Post by carolynlontin »

missmandiemoo wrote: I read all four in a week!  They were so addicting to me.  I'd stay up until the wee hours to keep reading.  Now I'm going through withdrawals, trying to get in to another book.  I will be in line to see this movie!
OMGOSH - that is exactly how I am ... I cannot put the books down!  I am on book #3 in less than a week already!
Imblessedwth6
Cherry Tart

Post by Imblessedwth6 »

Oh my, I hear about that book everywhere I go !!!!  LOL!!! :-D
Someone mentioned it to me, saw people at the store buying all of them, everyone seems to be talking about them.  I just picked up the first one at the store but havent started it yet.  I sure hope its as good as everyone says. LOL!! :)

Sherry
koala1966
Cherry Delight
Gallery: 2526

Post by koala1966 »

These are on my list to read - my 14 year old niece has read the first 3 books, so I figured I'd better see what she was reading.  :bluewinkb:
empty_nest2001
Cherry Tart

Post by empty_nest2001 »

Ohmigosh!  As an eighth grade English teacher and a degree in library science, I finally got around to reading the first three this summer!  Then I had to WAIT for number 4!!!  In between there I also read her "adult" book The Host.  I'm crazy about Edward and Bella, but as the novels progress I think they become a little more sexually charged and I would often feel funny reading them knowing all my girls at school were reading them too!  The Host started out slow, but it was worth it after the first 100 pages or so. 

Now I'm waiting to see what's coming next.  There was something on Stephanie Meyer's website about a stolen manuscript and that she wasn't going to finish it, but now she is.  I didn't understand if it was a prequel or where it been written in relation to the other "Twilight" books. 
Lisa Wallin, Empty_Nest 2001

"The man who does not read good books has no advantage
over the man who can't read them." Mark Twain

carolynlontin
Cherry Picker

Post by carolynlontin »

I actually checked out the pirated copy  on her website - it's AWESOME ... I am glad she plans to release it probably next year but it's Book #1 Twlight - but told from Edward's point of view - very very cool!  I hope she plans to do that with all 4 of the books!
n8tvtexan
Cherry Tart

Post by n8tvtexan »

I read them and LOVED all the books. I agree that they got a tad more sexual as they progressed. I havent read The Host yet. We are waiting for the movie to arrive here on base. (I live in Japan.) It will be here this upcoming weekend but I have to work the times they are showing the movie. I have to wait until Monday the 19th to see it.
koala1966
Cherry Delight

Post by koala1966 »

Holy Cow, I am now totally hooked!  I read Twilight in 6 hours.  Now I'm on the waiting list for New Moon.  I made the mistake of reading the preview to New Moon (I guess the first chapter) at the end of Twilight, and I have to wait for 19 people to read and return their copies before I'll get mine.  The agony!  I can't believe how great the book was; I still have to see the movie.
Janedee
Sweet Cherry Pie
Gallery: 90

Post by Janedee »

Amazing how everyone just devours these books!!  ;)
I bought the whole set online through Amazon, started reading on Friday evening and am almost finished Breaking Dawn. 
Jane
scrapperqueen
Bowl Full of Cherries
Gallery: 140

Post by scrapperqueen »

For my own reading sanity, I DO NOT want to get sucked in to reading these! I've got so many books stacked up that I need to read, I don't need to add more. :-D

The twins (18 yr old boys) have read all but Breaking Dawn now, I think. Or maybe they read that, too. They are absolutely useless when they get started on one.
gonecamping
Cherry Garcia
Gallery: 129

Post by gonecamping »

I have read all 4 twice. Addicting!
***Tanya***
kanibee
Cherry Tart

Post by kanibee »

I read the books in within a week just before the movie came out. Yes, I am a Twilight Saga addict. I am having a hard time picking a new book, I want it to be just as addicting. My sister wants to borrow them, but I'm afraid I'll never get them back or they will be returned harmed. I just anal about my books. I read Edwards, version and dang, I'm ready for it to be finished and published so I can finish it.
-Kani
bluejeans7
Bowl Full of Cherries
Gallery: 571

Post by bluejeans7 »

I started and read Twilight in two nights and loved it!  Couldn't put it down!  I am waiting for someone to check the next one back in at the library, all 3 of them were checked out!  I am getting very tired of waiting because I want to read them now!!!!!!!!!  I seen the complete set for sale on Amazon, maybe I should just order it.
BeatrizS
Cherry Bomb
Gallery: 222

Post by BeatrizS »

Im getting ready to read them again ... You know.. incase i missed something!  lol
koala1966
Cherry Delight

Post by koala1966 »

LOL, I finally finished the series - I had to break down and buy Breaking Dawn because it just takes too dang long to get them from the library.  Since I own it, I've read it twice already.  I'm going to buy the first 3 and read them again too.  It's more fun the second time, because I don't have to be so anxious about the ending.  :bluelol:
IreneP
Sweet Cherry Pie
Gallery: 3

Post by IreneP »

Got to start reading this
SouthernSentiments
Cherry Tart
Gallery: 10

Post by SouthernSentiments »

I am on my THIRD time reading the series...and have seen the movie 37 times...No, I'm not kidding. Go to my gallery and check out the albums I make on them! I am OBSESSED to say the least.
Jen~ PY LOT (Preserving Your Lasting Original Treasures) (Ebay)
ksbella
Cherry Blossom
Gallery: 45

Post by ksbella »

I read all of them in just over a week and a half! I was completly addicted to them! I've just finished reading the House Of Night series by PC and Kristin Cast ( they were good!) and now I'm on to the Sookie Stackhouse series!
::Kirsty::

ImageImageImage
sarahwhithers
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 2269

Post by sarahwhithers »

ksbella wrote:I read all of them in just over a week and a half! I was completly addicted to them! I've just finished reading the House Of Night series by PC and Kristin Cast ( they were good!) and now I'm on to the Sookie Stackhouse series!

We must have very similar taste in books cuz I read the twilight series, than onto all the House of Night books and than read all the Sookie stackhouse books! haha! I'm currently into the Brotherhood of the Dagger books by J. R. Ward (a little more hot and steamy than the others) so if you like some romance in your books, I've only read the first one so far, but enjoyed it and am looking to get the rest of the books!

Has anyone read the Anita Blake series? I think the auther is Laurell Hamilton. Wondering if it's worth a read.

Return to “Book Nook”