Get FREE shipping with your $35 order with code FREESHIP35

Kara

Cherry Jubilee

Re: Okay what are your trouble spots- in scrapbooking?
 time to get it done... seriously lack of organization so I cannot find stuff and loss motivation..
Image \ ImageImage

cat1393

Cherry Cola

Patterned paper....still scares the crap out of me! :waiting: But, I am overcoming that fear VERY slowly.

Christine

JulianaM

Cherry Bomb

Titles and then journaling.  They get me every time!!!

koala1966

Cherry Delight

My number one problem is photo placement.  I feel like mine is stale and always the same.  My second problem is making the elements on my page interact with each other, especially when paper scrapping.  I love the look of layering and overlapping papers, embellishments, etc, but I can rarely pull that off. 

rnmom247

Cherry Bing

I think as I look at what others have wrote as trouble areas I was saying "yes" to most of them so sometimes I wonder why I took up this hobby that tends to frustrate me so much at times.

My biggest problem is trying to make it perfect or as good as what I see in the gallery and I just don't have the color coordination or ideas for it.  I have tried sketches which help but it is still looking for the just right paper, title, pic placement, etc, etc

I watch my family members just create layout after layout and I amazed, I just don't seem to be able to do that
Pam ImageImage

katarria

Chocolate Covered Cherry

I tend to have issues printing my photos.  I still get all of my photos printed at a photo processing center (Ritz Camera) and order them in 4x6 or 5x7.  Then I'm stuck with few options for sizes.  I know I could make changes in PSE or order my photos elsewhere, but I'm pretty lazy about learning how to use the software & requirements.

Ideally I would like to be able to print my photos at home, but I'm worried about all of the articles that say photos printed at home have short archival lives.  Occasionally I attempt to print my own photos for things, but my printer's settings make all of the colors skewed and no matter what settings I change, I can't fix the problem.  It only happens with photos from my DSLR, so I'm not sure if it has something to do with the file sizes or conversion from RAW. 

Grrrr.
~Kathy
{hopelessly addicted}

Filling my basket with all of the new goodies :)

AlwaysHappy

Cherry Cola

Ok, you finally got a confession out of me.  It's the whole glue and adhesive thing.  I end up with glue dots stuck all over everything within 10 feet of me, including myself.  If it's a runner, mount, dot, or anything that sticks to something, then I have it stuck to everything but what I'm working on.  LOL
Image ImageImage

happayscrappay

Cherry Bing

I have trouble with journaling too.  And, then just knowing when to quit
Hi! I'm Rachel
My Blog: Happay Scraps

justred2u

Cherry Picker

Gosh where do I start ... I, too, after reading everyone else's response seem to agree with all of it... getting started, figuring out the papers to use, definitely the title and as far as the journaling, I just don't have any, yet.  I don't seem to have any problems printing but seriously considering going to WalMart only because I seem to spend so much on the color cartridges.  For those who print their pictures out themselves, do you seem to have this problem too?
Leslie Mar 1/10
ImageImage
1) Rebel. Refuse to accept the idea that creativity is work.
2) Play. Think like a child.
3) Zone. Tune out negative vibes.
4) Feel. Open your heart, nurture your imagination.

writerlady

Bowl Full of Cherries

I forget to put any title  on my layouts... and I scrap in the middle of my living room on a collapsable table.  It's so much of a pain to look for supplies in 2 different rooms that I often don't even start.
Please stop by my blog,Writerlady's Craftroom

RitaS

Cherry Bing

I'm with Kara. I am a MESSY scrapper - all caps for sure! I swear I sometimes spend 15 min looking for something I JUST had in my hand - it is plain crazy!
Rita S

Life is about second chances. There would be no hope if God didn't give us another.

SusieKing

Sweet Cherry Pie

my biggest frustration is that no matter how i try to mix it up i always feel my layouts look the same, similar.  ugh.
Susie King

Northern Brat

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Motivation to do it!  The desire is there, it's just the "sitting down" and doing it!  I also need to journal too...and  I want to do EVERYTHING! (baby albums, kids albums, hunting album, hockey album, BOM album, etc...) I think that is why it's motivation for me..cos I get overwhelmed and then don't do anything.
Leslie
2012: Goal - 75 layouts 4 mini albums 20 cards --------> Progress - layouts mini album - cards
J - /6
ImageImage

AlwaysHappy

Cherry Cola

justred2u wrote:Gosh where do I start ... I, too, after reading everyone else's response seem to agree with all of it... getting started, figuring out the papers to use, definitely the title and as far as the journaling, I just don't have any, yet.  I don't seem to have any problems printing but seriously considering going to WalMart only because I seem to spend so much on the color cartridges.  For those who print their pictures out themselves, do you seem to have this problem too?

I started out printing my own pics, but decided it was just as quick and economical to upload them to Wallgreens photo shop and they are ready in an hour.  I was just running through ink so fast that I felt I was wasting money.  Wallgreens is always running online specials with good prices for their prints.  You might try something like that if you don't mind waiting a little while for your pics.  Of course if you have scrapping emergency LOL, you need to print them yourself. 
Image ImageImage

butterfly843

A Cherry on Top

Journaling or titles.

pawprints

A Cherry on Top

justred2u wrote: I don't seem to have any problems printing but seriously considering going to WalMart only because I seem to spend so much on the color cartridges.  For those who print their pictures out themselves, do you seem to have this problem too?
I print out all my own pics. I love to be able to have total control over size, crop, etc. I use an HP Pro Series Deskjet 970 that I've had for quite a few years now, and I use Kodak High Gloss Photo paper for the finals. But I don't print the finals out until my page is basically done. What I do is print the pics out in draft mode on plain paper the approx size I think I am going to want them. Then I work on my layout and put them in as place holders. Sometimes I'll decide I want one larger or smaller, and when I am done with the layout, I'll print the finals out on the glossy paper in high res. This works well for me as I don't waste the good paper and too much ink on the drafts if I change my mind on the sizes, and the pics don't get messed up while I am messing around with glue and adhesives. Plus I always feel secure knowing that if a pic gets destroyed or were to fade or whatever that I can just reprint it again.

My HP cartridges last me a long time, as I have always found them too even with past HP inkjets.

ImageImage Image Image  

pawprints

A Cherry on Top

I'm too damn fussy! It takes me a while to get started and to satisfy myself that that is what I want to do. Once I get started I make cuts from scrap paper for shapes I will want to use before I cut my actual pp or cardstock. When I am finally happy with where I am going with my layout then I'll start cutting the real thing.

My recent venture into digi has made this process so much easier, as I can just trash a whole project or just jump back a zillion steps in the history palette when I am not happy with what I am doing.

Still not giving up paste-eating tho...

ImageImage Image Image  

JulesinParadise

Tiki Bar Mgr

Getting the finished layouts off the closet shelf and actually into the albums.  That and journaling.  I wrote too many papers and graded far too many as an English teacher that now writing is a chore...you'd think this would pass as I've been retired since 2000.
Image WAS a TIKI BAR GIRL AND ALWAYS WILL BE

Janet

Cherry Jubilee

Getting started!!!

Smiley-Scrap8

Cherry Cola

My issue is leaving enough space for journaling or working my journaling space into my design. I've seen layouts where the journaling space enhances the design of the page. With mine I just write everything I need to in whatever space is left over. It always looks squished.
Ronny

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee