Need adviced from people in Facebook

Moderator: ACOT Employee

tinkerbelldani
Sweet Cherry Pie
Gallery: 5

Need adviced from people in Facebook

Post by tinkerbelldani »

I would like to join facebook but I am a little scared. I heard so many things about crazy people in my space that I don't know if you can encounter the same on Facebook.

I need some adviced about joining. I don't want to expose myself to much. HELP!!!
ImageDani

GRACEpunches5
Cherry Garcia
Gallery: 575

Re: Need adviced from people in Facebook

Post by GRACEpunches5 »

I've never had any problems with anyone on facebook. You can choose to put as little or as much information as you want on your profile. You also have the option of blocking your profile until someone is a "confirmed" friend. If you don't know that person after all you can remove them from your friend list. I love reconnecting with my family and high school friends via Facebook. There's also some ACOT groups too!!!
[url=http://gavinrandyalizacandyellie.blogspot.com/:22hb4o89]http://gavinrandyalizacandyellie.blogspot.com/[/url:22hb4o89]

[color=#ff4080:22hb4o89]Feb. 2010 Crop: 14 Challenges and 5 Fast Scraps
May 2010 Crop: 19 Challenges and 4 Fast Scraps[/color:22hb4o89][/font:22hb4o89]
[color=#bf0080:22hb4o89]August 2010 Crop: 9 Challenges and 4 Fast Scraps[/color:22hb4o89][/font:22hb4o89]
[/font:22hb4o89][color=#ff8080:22hb4o89]November 2010: 10 Challenges and 5 Fast Scraps[/color:22hb4o89][/font:22hb4o89]
[/font:22hb4o89][color=#ff4080:22hb4o89][img:22hb4o89]http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g70/c ... -1-1-1.jpg[/img:22hb4o89][/color:22hb4o89][/font:22hb4o89][img:22hb4o89]http://creative.ak.fbcdn.net/v41818/fly ... c52db0.jpg[/img:22hb4o89][img:22hb4o89]http://pagemaps.com/images/blinkies/PMBlinkie88x33.gif[/img:22hb4o89]
Flapdoodle
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 3

Post by Flapdoodle »

No one can see your page unless you want them to. They have to be added as one of your friends.

Come on over! :-D
ImageIf life gives you lemons, go find an annoying person with paper cuts.
MaBuglet
A Cherry on Top
Gallery: 382

Post by MaBuglet »

I love me some facebook!!  NOTHING like MySpace in my opinion.  I think you'll enjoy it.
CHEERS~~
stephfez
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 28

Post by stephfez »

I like Facebook and feel like my information is pretty protected.
Stephanie

Nothing is foolproof for a sufficiently talented fool Image
Queen Mum
Cherry Addict
Gallery: 185

Post by Queen Mum »

I've been on facebook for a while.   You don't have to put out any more information than you are comfortable.

As for people wanting to be 'friends' - well, If I don't know them I don't accept (That's why if you're asking me to be a friend and you don't tell me your screen name from here it's not happening)
Queen Mum - Grammy to Princess Bump (Lisa Giann) and Princess Bean (Gia Bella)
baltoscrapper
Bowl Full of Cherries
Gallery: 358

Post by baltoscrapper »

Only let people you know become your "friends". No one else can see your information. When a cherry asks to be a friend they usually send a "this is XOXO from ACOT!" in the message so you know it's from here.
I used to be a "celebrity cherry", but now I'm in re-hab...... Holy Carp!
SBcrazee
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 28

Post by SBcrazee »

I finally joined a few weeks ago for the same privacy issues. But even photos can be protected so only the ones you choose can view them. Different levels of privacy are available.
ImageImage
jmo95
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 964

Post by jmo95 »

I do both myspace and facebook.  You are able to set restrictions on both sites to allow only people you know to view both your page and your photos.  You do not have to accept any friends that you don't want and you can put whatever information that you want on the site.  
Jenn
Don't fear the challenge, challenge the fear.

Image Image
sdwhru
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 358

Post by sdwhru »

Facebook so much safer than myspace!!!  Myspace is anything goes, but facebook has rules & regulations.  And from what I can tell them enforce them.
Cherry Jubilee

Post by »

So, I joined facebook recently, but really don't ever get on there.  How do you add friends?
NJTheresa
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 45

Post by NJTheresa »

I think as long as you have to confirm someone as a friend then your pretty safe. That way if you dont know them then you just ignore it.
ImageImageImageImage
Henu_Nea
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 127

Post by Henu_Nea »

I haven't had any problems. You can choose not to join a network so that your profile is private and only people that you approve can view it.
ImageImage
Image Image
-Kami-
Sweet Cherry Pie
Gallery: 6

Post by -Kami- »

It's fun! You have complete control over whatever you post about yourself. I have not had any problems. You should join!!!
cat1393
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 221

Post by cat1393 »

I have everything marked Friends only.

Christine
asset
Wild Cherry
Gallery: 156

Post by asset »

Queen Mum wrote: I've been on facebook for a while.   You don't have to put out any more information than you are comfortable.

As for people wanting to be 'friends' - well, If I don't know them I don't accept (That's why if you're asking me to be a friend and you don't tell me your screen name from here it's not happening)

Pa ha ha ha.... that's why you didn't add me. Here I just figgered you didn't like me.
Signed, Tessa Smith :-D
~Tessa

I'm not saying forget what you lost
I suppose there's a purpose in pain
What we make of ourselves has a cost
And it's paid every time we take hold of the reins
JeanG
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 5

Post by JeanG »

I'm glad I'm not the only one confused!  I only have 3 friends on there.  How do I find out what someone's screen name is if I only talk to them online in a group like this?  PM them?
I wonder, sometimes, if we ever give God a headache.
LKappy
Cherry Garcia
Gallery: 106

Post by LKappy »

Facebook is the debil....j/k. I enjoy it.
I like the privacy options. I am unsearchable (is that the right word?) on FB and MS. If people find me it is because they are on a friends list or I give them the link.
My name used to be "Needto Knowbasis", but I have relaxed a bit. lol

I use FB mostly for farming....Hello, my name is Lisa and I am a myfarm addict. :-D
~*Lisa*~

Janshotgun
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 88

Post by Janshotgun »

I love my farm!  I am obsessed with it!  Although Jaime has the neatest farm - and I mean neat, everything is grouped together just so.........
Jan - trying to find my way

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
TraciL
Cherry Garcia
Gallery: 238

Post by TraciL »

I just got into it myself and I have only had 1 issue and that was this guy that I added to play a game (I don't know him) posted a pic last night that upsetting to me and because of how I have it set I could see his postings -

I just went into my friends and deleted him -

That was completely my own fault -

I now also have one for games and one for cherries and friends/family -

I always have to take the long way to learn things!

So come on over -

Return to “General Talk”