Question for those who do hertiage LOs

Moderator: ACOT Employee

anazelia
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 803

Question for those who do hertiage LOs

Post by anazelia »

I want to do some hertiage LOs but I am not sure where to begin.  I guess, my problem is that I only have one copy of each picture.  Do you all scan your picts to make them digital or what?  I don't' want to use the original picture, but I am not sure if I should send them out or try to do something at home with them.  Any advice?
-Tracy-
Wild Cherry
Gallery: 439

Re: Question for those who do hertiage LOs

Post by -Tracy- »

anazelia wrote:I want to do some hertiage LOs but I am not sure where to begin.  I guess, my problem is that I only have one copy of each picture.  Do you all scan your picts to make them digital or what?  I don't' want to use the original picture, but I am not sure if I should send them out or try to do something at home with them.  Any advice?

I didn't scrap the original photos. (When I did paper). I scanned them. Plus that way, I could correct any problems with them.
On a molecular level, I'm very busy.
AnnOminous
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 211

Post by AnnOminous »

I am planning to scrap a bunch of really old photos.  My plan is to scan them in.  Most of them do need some fixing.
Art_Teacher
Cherry Crush
Gallery: 2368

Post by Art_Teacher »

Yep!  I scan them and correct anything that is needed.
Laura
 Image    Image     Image  Image  Image
DisneyInsider
Sweet Cherry Pie
Gallery: 35

Post by DisneyInsider »

I have been thinking about doing an album of my childhood and am considering scanning my photos as well. I have a scanner, but haven't used it for photos. Can I change the pics to black & white?
-Tracy-
Wild Cherry
Gallery: 439

Post by -Tracy- »

Luv2Shop wrote: I have been thinking about doing an album of my childhood and am considering scanning my photos as well. I have a scanner, but haven't used it for photos. Can I change the pics to black & white?

Sure! Save them as a copy so you can have the color version too. You can do it in any photo editing program.
On a molecular level, I'm very busy.
naney1952
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 8

Post by naney1952 »

I would scan them yourself. I'd be afraid to send out photos if I only had one of each. Just me I guess. 
Jane ImageImage Image
LOYAL COLTS FAN
bluejeans7
Bowl Full of Cherries
Gallery: 571

Post by bluejeans7 »

I always scan mine and get several copies made.
butterfly843
A Cherry on Top
Gallery: 874

Post by butterfly843 »

I scan mine.
Laura Fiore
Wild Cherry
Gallery: 1270

Post by Laura Fiore »

I scanned all of them I found of my mom's. I wanted to do that anyway, so that I could make a disc for my brother and sister. But, yeah, I felt a lot more comfortable using copies of the photos than I did using originals!
Bea
Sweet Cherry Pie
Gallery: 56

Post by Bea »

I wouldn't want to send them out. With only one copy of each, you certainly don't want to risk losing them.
Bea
God bless America!!!
scraps313
Cherry Tart
Gallery: 43

Post by scraps313 »

anazelia wrote:I want to do some hertiage LOs but I am not sure where to begin.  I guess, my problem is that I only have one copy of each picture.  Do you all scan your picts to make them digital or what?  I don't' want to use the original picture, but I am not sure if I should send them out or try to do something at home with them.  Any advice?
           I scan my pictures first .. bought the scanner just for that purpose. Then print what I want to use. Sometimes I will use an original, though. Especially if I have multiple copies.
Sandi
koala1966
Cherry Delight
Gallery: 2526

Post by koala1966 »

I always scan mine first, and usually print out the scanned copy to scrap and keep the original filed away.
bethr
Cherry Blossom
Gallery: 89

Post by bethr »

I had doubles of alot of mine, so i used originals on some of tyhem. Scanned the rest.
Beth R.
My Blog: http://bethroot.typepad.com

Rusty Pickle DT, Pebbles Inc. DT, Hemar Inc. DT, and Scrapbook News and Review DT
Cherry Bing

Post by »

I have done alot of heritage l/o.  Please Scan your pics first. Dont use the originals!!!!  Learn as much as you can about the pics. I recently joined ancestry.com and I have found draft cards, census things-= some have their actual handwritings on them. awesome sight! I even got pics of relatives that I didnt have before.

I use alot of vintage embellies too.
Queen Mum
Cherry Addict
Gallery: 185

Post by Queen Mum »

I'm too lazy to print them all out.

(Too expensive too)

I scan and put them on a disk and take them to Walgreens.
Queen Mum - Grammy to Princess Bump (Lisa Giann) and Princess Bean (Gia Bella)

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”