Ask me anything...

Moderator: ACOT Employee

DaisyLou
Sweet Cherry Pie
Gallery: 202

Re: Ask me anything...

Post by DaisyLou »

Kara wrote:favorite company?
I've been lovin mme for a while, but october afternoon is pretty cute, and I always love making memories too... oh andd looove that new My Little Shoebox!
DaisyLou
Sweet Cherry Pie

Post by DaisyLou »

Kara wrote:married?  common law
How long? 6 yrs
how many kids?2+1 step
ages? 1,2,13
pets? 1 dog, 1 cat, 4 fish

DaisyLou
Sweet Cherry Pie

Post by DaisyLou »

Kara wrote:what kind of vehicle do you drive? Mazda Protege
what year and color? 2003 bright blue
What kind of car do you want? a hybrid minivan :)
DaisyLou
Sweet Cherry Pie

Post by DaisyLou »

mkcdaisy wrote: Anything??? :-D
you might get more than you bargined for
I'm hoping! ;)
DaisyLou
Sweet Cherry Pie

Post by DaisyLou »

zanettac wrote: What is your dream vacation location??
Anywhere warm and beachy with good food and lots of quiet!
Monroe1218
Cherry Cropper
Gallery: 97

Post by Monroe1218 »

What is something that would be a total splurge for you to buy if you found $100?

What is your favorite flower?

Tell us about your favorite childhood memory.

Is there any extreme sport you would like to try?

If you were to get a tattoo, what would it be of and why?

Do you watch CSI?  If so, which one?
Rebecca

Henu_Nea
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 127

Post by Henu_Nea »

What are 5 adjectives that describe you?

Finish these sentences....

I'm glad my parents taught me.....

In the next year, I plan to....

My oldest friend.....

My life today..... 
ImageImage
Image Image
Henu_Nea
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 127

Post by Henu_Nea »

What is your favorite fruit?
ImageImage
Image Image
DaisyLou
Sweet Cherry Pie

Post by DaisyLou »

tinkerbelldani wrote: Marta,
 Give me tips on how to do better LO's. Do different posts by telling me how to be creative on title and journal, those are my weaknesses, almost get stuck on them.
Ooh these are both tough ones for me too, I found some great tips though!

Journaling:

Start An Idea Notebook

Experienced scrapbookers collect bits of useful text like stamp collectors collect stamps.
One of your best tools for documenting all of your ideas is a simple notebook and pen where you can jot down ideas as they come to you -- no matter where you are. (Later, I transfer them into a basic computer program -- organized by keyword, category, or tag. But that part is optional. More on that in a minute.)
Keep your notebook with you when you have to spend some time waiting -- such as during a visit to the doctor, when you're taking a coffee break at work, when you're stopped in traffic during your commute, you get the idea.
Keep your eyes and ears open -- at all times -- because you never know when something's going to "click" with a page that you'll be creating in your scrapbook! Often a snippet of an overheard conversation or a sign in a window will give you a great idea for a scrapbook page title or a whimsical phrase to use in a photo description.

Places To Find Creative Phrases & Ideas

#1 Any materials that pass through your hands -- like magazines, newsletters, brochures, newspapers -- should be viewed as scrapbook resources. Whether they're your own, or you're browsing through items available to you in a waiting room or at a friend's house... you should always flip through them with a scrapbooker's eye -- in search of catchy titles and fun ways to say things.
    #2 When you're on the Internet, look up quotation sites. If you can’t think of anything to say yourself, chances are that someone has already said it -- and better than you can anyway. So take advantage of that.
    #3 An obvious place to find great journaling phrases online is scrapbooking websites. Whether you're viewing the page layouts of others, or browsing stickers and embellishments for a variety of page themes, at the same time, you should also be surfing for scrapbook-worthy sayings.
    #4 Don’t overlook your favorite songs and poems -- sometimes songs say it best! A special song lyric can not only give you a ready-made title for a page, but also a whole theme for a scrapbook layout. For example, the songs of John Lennon, Bob Dylan, and Madonna are fruitful grounds for gathering ideas. How about a page on your childhood titled This Used To Be My Playground? The lyrics are from Madonna’s movie A League of Their Own, but the nostalgic quality can apply to anyone’s life.

How To Organize All Your Journaling Ideas

The secret to your journaling success lies in your ability to organize all of the ideas you've picked up here & there and saved for future reference. That way, when you need a related phrase or title, you know where to find it... fast!
        * Step One is to jot down (or copy/save on the computer) any quotes or titles that appeal to you... as you find them! Even if you don't have a scrapbook page in mind just yet, save it for future reference. A collection of page themes and journaling ideas goes a long way toward simplifying the process later.
          Any ideas that you find when you're out & about should be jotted in your Idea Notebook. For those found online, you'll want to copy and save 'em into a basic word processing document or a simple program that will organize all of your scrapbooking ideas. (Still more on that in a second.)
        * Step Two is to transfer all those ideas in your Idea Notebook over to a computer program or word processing document. This way, they're saved forever! And, best of all... you can do a quick "search" on your computer to find one that fits your page in a jiffy. Plus, you can goup them together by theme, category, tag, label, or whatever.
          The way I do this is using a freebie program called AZZ Cardfile. It's a no-frills data organizer that has a million and one different uses -- from recipes to health tips to passwords to scrapbook titles. I've used this program religiously for years. All my journaling & page layout ideas are organized by theme: baby, Spring, pets, fireman, beach & water... you get the idea. (If a particular phrase fits with more than one "theme", then I just copy & save it in each theme.

Hate Your Handwriting?

If you think your handwriting isn’t up to par, don’t worry about it. Do your best, or print the information. No one really cares how it "looks" -- the words are what people appreciate the most.
As you know, the personal touch in scrapbooking is what's important, and your handwriting is as much a part of you as how you place the embellishments and what papers you choose, so you should try to use your own handwriting whenever possible.
But if this particular scrapbook album is for a special occasion (like a wedding), you can always print out the journaling from your computer, choosing a suitable font and paper (such as script font on vellum paper).

Basic Journaling Tip

tags-with-journaling-ideas-by-brungrrl.jpgTrust me, even if you're not a writer by nature and don't have a way with words, you can still do a decent job of journaling on your srcrapbook pages. How? Simply answer these 5 questions -- with every photo caption and summarized on every page:
          Who?
          What?
          Where?
          When?
          Why?

In sum, you want to make sure that your journaling notes the identities of the people in the pictures, what was happening at the time, the setting, the date of the event, and why it is important to you.
These are the very same questions future generations will be asking, the same questions you ask when you come across an unidentified old photograph. And the same questions you would ask if you were looking at someone else's scrapbook.
Whenever possible, try to choose words that will give life to your words and convey the emotion depicted in the photographs.  (That's kind of an "advanced" scrapbook journaling move. It's not a requirement; just a bonus.)
DaisyLou
Sweet Cherry Pie

Post by DaisyLou »

tinkerbelldani wrote: Marta,
 Give me tips on how to do better LO's. Do different posts by telling me how to be creative on title and journal, those are my weaknesses, almost get stuck on them.
Titles:

Titles for your scrapbook do not need to be poetic works of art, just something that will give an overall picture of the items that are to be included.
Scrapbooks that revolve around children and family are among the more popular themes.
In creating titles, you can choose humorous phrases, sentimental thoughts, or denote the special occasion in which the scrapbook is based.
The date and place of a birthday or anniversary party can be used in your titles as can the name and date of birth of the person in which the scrapbook is dedicated.
Company logos, family crests, and the names of teams or groups can be incorporated into your title as well.
In addition to finding the exact words you wish to use in your titles, be creative in the way you put these words in your scrapbook.
You could use acrylic paints to make your letters, print out building block type letters from your computer, or cut individual letters in different shapes and colors from magazines and newspapers and then glue or tape them to your scrapbook in a random or abstract fashion.
The titles of your scrapbook pages can be as colorful or as unique as your imagination allows.

(Oh and my first name on paper is Marta, but I actually use my middle name which is Day ;))
DaisyLou
Sweet Cherry Pie

Post by DaisyLou »

tinkiesue wrote: Too funny!!!  So here's a question for ya....What's your favorite stamp line?

sue

Well I don't tend to stamp that much, but I really like the Sandylion stamps. They have really cute stuff that is very versatile and I find the quality to be good as well.
http://www.acherryontop.com/company/san ... e/stamping

I have these two and love them!
ImageImage
Charleneanne
Cherry Delight
Gallery: 1504

Post by Charleneanne »

how about a mini biography?    Let's get to know more about you
DaisyLou
Sweet Cherry Pie

Post by DaisyLou »

n8tvtexan wrote: hhhmmm here are a few questions...

Have you ever traveled to Japan? nope but my bff lived there and taught english for two years

Have you been to any of the Disney parks? nope sadly not

Do you like roller coasters? nope! lol, I went on the scream machine at Expo 86 when I was 8 and hated it! That was my one and only time - I'm sooo not a daredevil!

Do you like sports? Depends... love tennis, volleyball, baseball.. not so crazy for soccer or basket ball, and as far as watching sports on tv goes - yawn! lol I pay some attention to the Canucks hockey so I can converse with my dh 9 months of the year, but that's about it. :-D

How many bricks are in Cinderella's Castle at walt Disney World? (some people are suprised when they find out the answer) Tricky one! There are no bricks at all! Cindrella’s Castle is built from concrete and fiber glass over a steel structure. Although it appears to be made of brick, and the faux bricks get smaller as they get closer to the top giving it the illusion of being taller than it actually is!
DaisyLou
Sweet Cherry Pie

Post by DaisyLou »

craftychick09 wrote: Ok here ya go!!
1. what do you consider a valuable trait in a good friend?
2.  who would you most like to meet in person from history (someone no longer living)?
3. if you were an animal what would you be and why?
HAVE FUN and boy you gots lots o ???
1. being steadfast and a good listener. Also honesty, I want to be able to count on my friends to tell me when I look bad or am being an idiot!!

2. Jesus. I'm not religious in the slightest, but I am very spiritual and it seems to me that he was a man who was on the right track. He just loved everyone and everything and we could really use more of that in this world. I'd love to pick his brain!!

3. A cossetted house cat! I am specific on that because I don't know that the life of an alley cat is much to be desired, but to lay around all day demanding to be fed and petted,sleep all you want and top that off with retractible claws and amazing balance and agility - sounds pretty fun to me!!

I am having fun! And I did get lots didn't I! And today was only the first day!! I wonder if I get extra points if I hit 200 posts... ;)
DaisyLou
Sweet Cherry Pie

Post by DaisyLou »

hug-a-bug wrote: Hey, I'm new here, but I'm learning. This looks like a fun thread :D

Anyway, have you ever been to Iceland (or heard of)?

Definitely heard of - even watched some documentarys on it, but sadly never been. Looks gorgeous though!! Is that where you are from?
DaisyLou
Sweet Cherry Pie

Post by DaisyLou »

Laura Fiore wrote:Congratulations on being chosen Day! Thanks! :)

What's the first thing you grab when getting ready to scrapbook? Paper or Photos, depends on my mood. If I have no clue what I want to do then it's usually photos, but sometimes I'm in a mood for a certain feel of page and then I 'll start with a paper.

What's the first thing you think of when you wake in the morning? My kids, usually dd comes into my bed around 5 and we snuggle for a few hours. Then ds wakes us up at 7 or 8. Then it's juice for dd, bottle for ds, and coffee for me!!

Favorite sound in the whole world? My children laughing! And the sheer joy on their faces while they do it just takes my breath away. Who knew you could love someone so much??
DaisyLou
Sweet Cherry Pie

Post by DaisyLou »

naney1952 wrote:If you were to go to a salon for a makeover tomorrow what hair color would you chose and would you change your hairstyle? 
Oh good one! I gave myself a bob when I was pg with dd and have been growing it out since. It's about halfway down my back now and my style is ponytail. I could really use a makeover! I'd pick a fairly similar color to what I have, but maybe something warmer. I have ash brown hair and I would enjoy a golden or reddish brown instead.
As far as a style goes, I do really like it long, but I'd love to get a long style so it has some sort of shape. I do layer it a bit on my own, but it's really mommy blah right now :?
DaisyLou
Sweet Cherry Pie

Post by DaisyLou »

Northern Brat wrote: Thanks for the recipe!  I will try it this week!

So..what kind of wine do you think would go with it!
Mmm wine! I used to love wine, but sadly it now gives me a headache. My fav is always a rose wine, and I prefer sweet to dry. It seems I'm in the minority on that though so here is what someone a little more refined than me says...

With chicken, we need to find a wine that has the right blend of sweetness,
acidity, fruitiness and body to complement the meat to perfection. oddly enough
Chardonnay usually fits the bill, so if you want to play it safe, pick a good
Australian Chardonnay. They are all pretty good.

Wines with creamy chicken dishes
If you are having a creamy chicken dish, or something with a bit of 'oomph' to it (chicken curry or a stroganoff perhaps) you cannot go wrong with a voigner wine. The fantastic rich Viogner grape has a rugged fruity earthiness to it which goes fantastically with chicken dishes like this.
We have yet to find a poor viogner, so give this wine a go yourself.

And here is a little more info on Viogner if you are interested...
http://www.wineintro.com/types/viognier.html
DaisyLou
Sweet Cherry Pie

Post by DaisyLou »

Monroe1218 wrote: What is something that would be a total splurge for you to buy if you found $100? Besides scrap stuff? Clothing for myself that I get because I like it not because it's on sale! 

What is your favorite flower? Gerbera Daisys are georgeous, but as for something I'd actually purchase or grow to display in my house it would have to be Dahlias. They are more hearty and there is just so much amazing gorgeous variety!

Tell us about your favorite childhood memory. Hmmm.... my best childhood memories revolve around my home and family. I struggled socially in school a bit and never had a lot of friends, but at home I was treasured and respected. I used to love to come home from school on days when my mom made bread. The whole house would smell delicious and there is absolutely nothing as wonderful as the taste of warm bread fresh from the oven dripping with melted butter! As a sahm I bake my own bread from the same recipe my mom used and hope my children will cherish that smell and taste and what it represents as much as I do. I think it's the best smell in the whole world!

Is there any extreme sport you would like to try? Not really, I'm just not an extreme sort of person - I like life ;)

If you were to get a tattoo, what would it be of and why? I have two already and plan another sometime soon... The first one is a design that I made that incorporates some symbols that mean something to me personally. It is on my calf and my boyfriend tattooed it there when I was 15. It needs some touching up, but I still love it.
My second one is on the back of my hip and is a haida hummingbird that a good friend of mine drew for me. The hummingbird is my totem animal and since my friend is a native artist I asked him to draw a picture of one for me. I liked it so much I had it tattooed when I was 20.
I would like to get something else to commemmorate my children, but I'm not sure what yet. I like asian lettering, but I'm always worried that it won't say what I'm told it says and I'll end up with something wierd on me! Guess I'd better learn Chinese! Or if I come up with something else that will honor them before I figure out the translation dilemma, then I'll get that. I won't get something tattooed unless I love it and it has meaning for me, so I'm not in a big hurry
:)

Do you watch CSI?  If so, which one? nope, I'm not a big tv watcher. I wasn't allowed as a child and just never really got in the habit. I have seen CSI before and I do enjoy a good mystery, but the graphic stuff is a bit much for me. I have delicate sensibilities when it comes to people being hurt or even postmortem stuff. I know it's fake and all that, but it still bugs me :P

DaisyLou
Sweet Cherry Pie

Post by DaisyLou »

Henu_Nea wrote:What are 5 adjectives that describe you? happy, organized, creative, mellow, philosophical

Finish these sentences....

I'm glad my parents taught me.....to love myself

In the next year, I plan to.... spend lots of time with my kids and improve my scrapping abilities, I'd love to get on a dt somewhere...

My oldest friend.....lives in alberta and I only see him once every year or two. He's like family though and will always be a good friend if we go 20 years without seeing each other.

My life today..... is exactly what I always dreamed of as a child, and for years never thought I would get.

Return to “General Talk”