We're celebrating World Card Making Day with 20% off the regular price of everything! Use code CARDS20

RitaS

Cherry Bing

After Xmas Craft Clean Up
 Anyone besides me digging out from  the mess made while doing the mad dash of homemade gifts for Christmas?

I sure am!! I found my table surface yesterday morning. I then proceeded to look for a LO I had stopped working on when I realized I had 2.5 weeks to Christmas and 3 8x8 albums and a large "canbox" to alter for DD. I also spent much of the day digging and looking for the Shutterfly order that arrived around the 19th, and it was a frustrating search!

Lo and behold - my LO was actually placed where it belonged - in the LOs in progress bin - go figure. I did not think I was really that smart in my sleep deprived state.  I was ready to give up on finding the photos. Ahem...they too, were also placed in a drawer labeled for photos. This particular drawer in one of many Sterlite drawers on my workspace - I tend to toss photos inside mid project that are not used and I dont' want anything spilled on them, bent, etc. It has been pretty full - could not believe that I had managed to stash two fat Shutterfly envelopes down in the middle of the stack, but I did. LEsson learned - look thoroughly in the places things are supposed to be first as I can surprise myself.

Now I am trying to get a few more ACOT challenges done. Due to gift making it has not been a good challenge month for me.

What about you - digging out? Spotless as you go? What are you working on?
Rita S

Life is about second chances. There would be no hope if God didn't give us another.

MamaK321

Cherry Addict

Re: After Xmas Craft Clean Up
 luckily I didn't make too much of a mess only now my craft table is covered in Christmas mess... empty boxes, bags and wrinkled tissue paper to put away and gifts waiting to be exchanged. Luckily I don't need my table for much :winkb:
Image Image

Northern Brat

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Nope not me!  I clean my table after I scrap each time (more often than not) because i won't come back to it if it's a mess.  But another reason...I didn't make anything this year except my cards.  I didn't do what I said I was going to do this year...oh well, should start now!
Leslie
2012: Goal - 75 layouts 4 mini albums 20 cards --------> Progress - layouts mini album - cards
J - /6
ImageImage

MOM2SNOX

A Cherry on Top

Nope... I just used a different scrapping area ;P
Trish ~ It's all fun and games until somebody loses an EYELET!

Janshotgun

Cherry Cola

I have a scraproom in the basement that was almost organized - most of it - just some piles that had to be filed. 

But during the crop, I dragged a card table into my office where my desktop is and worked in there.  I had a chest in the closet filled with scrapbooking supplies.  I used those plastic 12 x 12 envelopes to put each project I was working on.  Well, it stayed there and I made all my xmas mini albums there.  Then I had to shove everything into drawers when I had all my company for Christmas.

So I'm now almost done taking it all to my scrapbook room in the basement and putting it all away.  I now have a laptop I can take with me in the basement if I need to. 

So, now I have alot of unfinished projects to work on.
Jan - trying to find my way

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

scrap-4-life

Cherry Bing

I have out of town guests staying in my room (bedroom) right now.  My craft room is actually my walk in closet so I don't have much access to it.  It is a HUGE disaster as well.  I really need to get on it!  LOL!
~Julie

http://www.joverby.blogspot.com/
Spellbinders DT

ctaylor0312

Cherry Bing

Ya, I don't have all that of a mess.  But then again I don't have that big of a scrappy area
ImageImageImageImage

ScrapGoo

Cherry Jubilee

I have my own little room but I am one of those freaky clean-as-I-go scrappers.  I just have to put everything in the right place after I am done or it drives me nuts when I start something new!

SheilaD

Cherry Berry

My craft room is so trashed from projects and new stuff. I usually clean as I go but the holiday sort of took over the space. I'm hoping to dig in tomorrow.

scrapsakes

Chocolate Covered Cherry

nahh, didn't get to make much homemade stuff and
 i too, have got to get back on doing the challenges.
"a heart in love with beauty never grows old" Image (turkish proverb)

scrapsakes

Chocolate Covered Cherry

ScrapGoo wrote: I have my own little room but I am one of those freaky clean-as-I-go scrappers.  I just have to put everything in the right place after I am done or it drives me nuts when I start something new!
 would you like to join my OCD club? :-D :winkb:
"a heart in love with beauty never grows old" Image (turkish proverb)

cat1393

Cherry Cola

Rita, I am working on the Thank You card w/ the glimmer mist. Which reminds me. Need to lug the printer and print the coffee cup!

Christine

baltoscrapper

Bowl Full of Cherries

ScrapGoo wrote: I have my own little room but I am one of those freaky clean-as-I-go scrappers.  I just have to put everything in the right place after I am done or it drives me nuts when I start something new!
That's me too! Can't start anything new until the last project is put away! 
I used to be a "celebrity cherry", but now I'm in re-hab...... Holy Carp!

bluejeans7

Bowl Full of Cherries

baltoscrapper wrote:
That's me too! Can't start anything new until the last project is put away! 

Me too!  :-D

naney1952

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Definately one of my New Year's projects to get the whole thing organized!  :winkb:
Jane ImageImage Image
LOYAL COLTS FAN

Indy Scrapper

Chocolate Covered Cherry

I am a "keep it clean" as I go kind of gal.  I do have a set of cards on my table letting the glitter glue dry, but everything else is pretty much where it belongs.
Janie
Live long, laugh often, hug someone.

jaziscrapper

Wild Cherry

I am working on challenge layouts to post on my site while I have this week off from work. I thought it'd be a good idea to get a jump on things so my challenge layouts are completed for the month of January. I have one more little project to complete for our DT Reveal tomorrow and then I need to focus on layouts, etc. for our mid-month reveal.

I tend to clean as I go. I know a little OCD-LOL!

writerlady

Bowl Full of Cherries

I have one small, collapsable (SP?) table, and it is still covered in glittered snowflakes, Christmas stamps and card-making supplies.  Need to clear it off so I can do some of the Cherry Challenges.
Please stop by my blog,Writerlady's Craftroom

Emsdancemom

A Cherry on Top

Well I wish I could say that the mess was from gift making. I did make gifts....but not the scrappy kind. I made five afghans in the last two months. Never thought I would be able to again because of the arthritis in my hands but the message therapy has worked wonders for me.

writerlady

Bowl Full of Cherries

Emsdancemom wrote: Well I wish I could say that the mess was from gift making. I did make gifts....but not the scrappy kind. I made five afghans in the last two months. Never thought I would be able to again because of the arthritis in my hands but the message therapy has worked wonders for me.
First - congratulations!  I think that's a HUGE accomplishment.  Second - knit or crochet?  Third - message therapy?  Would you be willing to tell me more about that?  My hands hurt and I'm a knitter.
Please stop by my blog,Writerlady's Craftroom

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee