Get FREE shipping with your $35 order with code FREESHIP35

cat1393

Cherry Cola

Glimmer Mist...(updated) AGAIN W/ PICS
 This is my first time using glimmer mist. Do you spray close? Near? or it all depends on what you like. I have the Coffee Glimmer one. Making a Thank you card and need a bit of help ! :)

Okay. I think I used a "bit" too much! I am making a thank you card for one of my Boss'. I am using the Tim Holtz masking letters to spell out Thanks! then spray the Coffee Glimmer mist. Just check the card and it kind of curled! :? I put something heavy on top of it to see it that flattens it :-D! Then I want to print out the digital kit for the coffee cups and cut out the outline of it and place it over the wording. Looks good in my mind. When I finish it...need to finish it before tomorrow morning. 
For Cmas he gave me a  GC for Dunkin Donut's. Which I was not expecting. Thought it would be a nice thing to make a card instead of buying one.

Imagethis is the outside...(duh)

Imageand the inside.

Honest opinion....I can still make a new card. Oh, I had to put the comma w/ my first name and last initial.

Christine

scrapsakes

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Re: Glimmer Mist...
 i'm not sure, but i love the way it alters cardstock!
 check out laura's tutorial on glimmer mist HERE :)
"a heart in love with beauty never grows old" Image (turkish proverb)

cat1393

Cherry Cola

Thanks for posting the link. It helped! :-D

Christine

imwickedwitch

Cherry Cola

I missed that utorial!  It's flippin AWESOME.  I Heart Laura!
Becky

Image Image Image

RitaS

Cherry Bing

Coffee and Latte are my favorite GM colors - good choice!! I spray about 15" away for a fine mist, closer if I want the result to have a more splotchy, or free from art feel.

You can also mix Tim Holtz distree inks (one dropper full) into his little mist bottles, with about 1/4 tsp of Perfect Pearls and fill the rest of the mist bottle with water - shake and it creates your own sparkly mist that doesn't sputter, at least to date. I did this for a Xmas card (after being inspired by Tim's 12 Tags) and it turned out beautifully!
Rita S

Life is about second chances. There would be no hope if God didn't give us another.

ctaylor0312

Cherry Bing

Personally, I'm not fond of GM.  I used it for the first time on my SS 2008 - Anniversary gift - well, what was suppose to be her anniversary gift.  I thought Glimmer - hense the name, ment just that.  Either I didn't shake it enough or I'm just an idot.  Ask grifscap - I had her as 2008 SS - I don't think you could talk me into buying Glimmer Mist.  Maybe if it was free . . .
ImageImageImageImage

naney1952

Chocolate Covered Cherry

ctaylor0312 wrote: Personally, I'm not fond of GM.  I used it for the first time on my SS 2008 - Anniversary gift - well, what was suppose to be her anniversary gift.  I thought Glimmer - hense the name, ment just that.  Either I didn't shake it enough or I'm just an idot.  Ask grifscap - I had her as 2008 SS - I don't think you could talk me into buying Glimmer Mist.  Maybe if it was free . . .
Haven't tried it yet but this scares me :?
Jane ImageImage Image
LOYAL COLTS FAN

Laura Fiore

Wild Cherry

Hey Christine, how did it turn out?

When I spray, I use pretty much the same techniques as Rita...far away for a light mist, closer for a heavier all over color. 

And you do have to make sure and shake the bottle until all of the shimmer in the bottom of it is mixed in.

cat1393

Cherry Cola

Laura Fiore wrote: Hey Christine, how did it turn out?

When I spray, I use pretty much the same techniques as Rita...far away for a light mist, closer for a heavier all over color. 

And you do have to make sure and shake the bottle until all of the shimmer in the bottom of it is mixed in.
Laura, it came out on the darker side. I think I was too close...hence the curled edge of the card! But, being it's a Thankyou for a Coffee GC, it just might work. Tonight, I am going to add the outline of  a coffee cup. Leaving for work in about 5 minutes! Will post a pic tonight. So far the outline of the letter looks pretty good.

Christine

cat1393

Cherry Cola

RitaS wrote: Coffee and Latte are my favorite GM colors - good choice!! I spray about 15" away for a fine mist, closer if I want the result to have a more splotchy, or free from art feel.

You can also mix Tim Holtz distree inks (one dropper full) into his little mist bottles, with about 1/4 tsp of Perfect Pearls and fill the rest of the mist bottle with water - shake and it creates your own sparkly mist that doesn't sputter, at least to date. I did this for a Xmas card (after being inspired by Tim's 12 Tags) and it turned out beautifully!
HM....thanks for the Idea! Sounds fun. I've seen the bottles at Micheals and possibly the other things. I have a Micheals GC that is burning a hole in my pocket!

Christine

Beth-W

Featured Guest Coordinator

Re: Glimmer Mist...(updated)
 Jess also posted a recipe before for homemade glimmer mist.

I will also take a paper towel and while the GM is still wet, dab it.  It absorbs the splotches and gives a more overall color instead of darker spots.  I will also use the paper towel to spread around the liquid if too much gets in one area.

I always try to lean towards less is more with the stuff.  Your paper can curl or warp if it is too thin or you use too much.
~Beth
"Make it bigger, make it badder, make it awesome" -Duff Goldman
"They need a hero to tell them that sometimes the impossible can become possible, if you're AWESOME!" -Rhino

http://latteonthebrain.blogspot.com/

ImageImage

scrappinchic

Chocolate Covered Cherry

I prefer more color so I usually ink the surface first and then mist on top for a glimmer look.
I'm not late
Everyone else is way too on time.
0/3 for February

Janshotgun

Cherry Cola

A lot of great ideas here!
Jan - trying to find my way

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

ChrisPozzi

Cherry Blossom

my paper almost always curls too!  love the stuff. I just either really adhere the heck out of it ;) or flatten it with a book :D

Love that you can dye ribbon too..chipboard... I have stamped with it too

Indy Scrapper

Chocolate Covered Cherry

I did an 9 x 11 manila envelope for a Christmas Gift Certificate.  Using some of Laura's suggestions (ACOT Box mainly) I put a couple of snow flakes on the envie and then used Christmas Red GM and applied an initial mist.  It did curl some, but when it dried, it was fine.  The I moved the snow flake and added some green GM.   I did do some close up misting and some about 15 to 18 inches away.  It was okay.  My first project using GM.  Definitly like the look and will do some more experimenting.

Thanks Laura for the awesome tutorial and class from on of our ACOT crops.

Edited to add,

Would love to see your finished card, it sounds adorable.
Janie
Live long, laugh often, hug someone.

luboost

Sweet Cherry Pie

Now that we're all talking about glimmer mist...anyone else have a hard time keeping things stuck to a misted paper?  My glue dots and Tombow runner won't stay adhered!  Do you all rub the 'glimmer' off before you try to stick anything to a spot?

RitaS

Cherry Bing

Thought I would throw in that there is a lot of positive feedback on Maya Roads "Maya Mist" - doesn't sputter like Glimmer Mist can tend to do.

I am usually not covering my misted stuff too much - but have no problem putting buttons in centers of glimmer flowers and such. I tend to be a pop dot fan for centers or use my Fiber Scraps glue for heavier stuff.
Rita S

Life is about second chances. There would be no hope if God didn't give us another.

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee