Question of the day 12/15

Moderator: ACOT Employee

Kimandasmo
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 829

Question of the day 12/15

Post by Kimandasmo »

This is for those who celebrate Christmas and put a Christmas Tree- no offense meant to any others...

Do you top your tree with a Star, and Angel, a Bow or something else? Is it something passed down or does it have a stroy that goes with it?

Our tree topper . since marriage, has been an angel that I bought our first year together-- unfortunatley my kids and dh hate it becasue it is an Amish Angel and has no face. This year I am thinking of going shopping for a new tree topper, and letting the family pick. My Parent's have an Angel that is actually mine- it was given to me on my first Christmas by an Aunt-- but it has always been on their tree... my Mom offered it to me, but the tree at their house didn't seem complete to me without it so I let them keep it.
SarahA
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 358

Re: Question of the day 12/15

Post by SarahA »

We have a star we put up, but it has no real meaning except it was 1/2 off after Christmas one year! :)
kathyt
Sweet Cherry Pie

Post by kathyt »

WE have an angel that my mom and dad gave to us when our oldest children were young.  I don't really know what we did the first 4-5 years.  I will have to find some pictures, since I have scrapped those years yet :bluesad:
Kathy, who likes to think about scrapbooking
jaziscrapper
Wild Cherry
Gallery: 152

Post by jaziscrapper »

Since we bought all new ornaments this year, I bought a new star for the top of our tree.
zanettac
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 155

Post by zanettac »

We have a star....but I have seen a few angels that I really liked.

Carol
luboost
Sweet Cherry Pie
Gallery: 33

Post by luboost »

I have a santa... I just happen to have a pic uploaded Image
GRACEpunches5
Cherry Garcia
Gallery: 575

Post by GRACEpunches5 »

we have a star. the rest of the tree has gold and red ornaments to match. haven't found anything small enough for the girls tree yet!
[url=http://gavinrandyalizacandyellie.blogspot.com/:22hb4o89]http://gavinrandyalizacandyellie.blogspot.com/[/url:22hb4o89]

[color=#ff4080:22hb4o89]Feb. 2010 Crop: 14 Challenges and 5 Fast Scraps
May 2010 Crop: 19 Challenges and 4 Fast Scraps[/color:22hb4o89][/font:22hb4o89]
[color=#bf0080:22hb4o89]August 2010 Crop: 9 Challenges and 4 Fast Scraps[/color:22hb4o89][/font:22hb4o89]
[/font:22hb4o89][color=#ff8080:22hb4o89]November 2010: 10 Challenges and 5 Fast Scraps[/color:22hb4o89][/font:22hb4o89]
[/font:22hb4o89][color=#ff4080:22hb4o89][img:22hb4o89]http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g70/c ... -1-1-1.jpg[/img:22hb4o89][/color:22hb4o89][/font:22hb4o89][img:22hb4o89]http://creative.ak.fbcdn.net/v41818/fly ... c52db0.jpg[/img:22hb4o89][img:22hb4o89]http://pagemaps.com/images/blinkies/PMBlinkie88x33.gif[/img:22hb4o89]
bumblebby
Cherry Garcia
Gallery: 5

Post by bumblebby »

We have a Santa. It is a beautiful tree topper that my MIL gave to me.

We plan on buying a star during the after Christmas sales for the kids tree next year. Ds wants a star.
love2stamp
Cherry Cropper
Gallery: 1053

Post by love2stamp »

We have an angel. No real reason, just liked it.
ImageImageImageImage
tinkerbelldani
Sweet Cherry Pie
Gallery: 5

Post by tinkerbelldani »

Now we have an angel, last year we had a santa hat, and other years we had a santa and a star. 

ImageDani

kcatt79
Sweet Cherry Pie
Gallery: 276

Post by kcatt79 »

I have a Finnish star out of Basket weaving fibers. My mom bought it for me at a craft show.

wife of one, mother of FOUR! :)

http://socksscrapsandotherthings.blogspot.com/
Queen Mum
Cherry Addict
Gallery: 185

Post by Queen Mum »

I have an angel.

The year before John died I did not feel like decorating the tree (Christmas 1994).   I was not in the mood to decorate at all.   No idea why.  I told him that I promised to decorate the next year.

John died unexpectedly in March 1995.

That Christmas (1995) I really wasn't sure I wanted to put up a tree - but I remembered that I had promised him that I would.   I didn't want to use the same ornaments from our life together.   It was too painful.

I went out and bought all new white lights and silver ornaments and an angel topper.  I made little lace angels to use as ornaments.

Since then I've added a few colored ornaments - but I use the angels in memory of my late husband.
Queen Mum - Grammy to Princess Bump (Lisa Giann) and Princess Bean (Gia Bella)
bluejeans7
Bowl Full of Cherries
Gallery: 571

Post by bluejeans7 »

Our tree topper has always been an angel.
writerlady
Bowl Full of Cherries
Gallery: 448

Post by writerlady »

I have a star - to symbolize the Star of Bethlehem.
Please stop by my blog,Writerlady's Craftroom

scrapy1967
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 1487

Post by scrapy1967 »

I use a star on one and an angel on the other one.
ImageImage 

Janshotgun
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 88

Post by Janshotgun »

We used to have a pretty angel in a satin dress that held 2 candles in her hands that lit up - but it died and couldn't be fixed, so I went out and bought a new angel 4 or 5 years ago that is wearing a dark dress and doesn't light up.  Basically, I don't like it but haven't really looked for a good replacement.  Maybe next time I go to Frankenmuth to Bronner's Christmas store, I'll look.
Jan - trying to find my way

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
4peasinourpod
Wild Cherry
Gallery: 816

Post by 4peasinourpod »

Well..

we have 4 trees.  One has a star, one has a snowflake, one has a santa hat, and the other has nothing because it was too tall and I couldn't get anything on it :)
~pam~
Rici76
Sweet Cherry Pie
Gallery: 56

Post by Rici76 »

We either do a star or a bow! For so long we had only little short trees and now we have a large one so we can top it with something....HA!
justred2u
Cherry Picker
Gallery: 4

Post by justred2u »

An angel of course!!!  My Mom gave it to me when we got married.  When I was 11, my little 4-year old sister passed away in October.  My parents told us the angel on the top of the tree is my little sister. :bluelol:   
Leslie Mar 1/10
ImageImage
1) Rebel. Refuse to accept the idea that creativity is work.
2) Play. Think like a child.
3) Zone. Tune out negative vibes.
4) Feel. Open your heart, nurture your imagination.
LKappy
Cherry Garcia
Gallery: 106

Post by LKappy »

We had an angel, but now have a star. No special meaning behind it....maybe we will have to get a SPECIAL topper.
~*Lisa*~

Return to “General Talk”