We're celebrating World Card Making Day with 20% off the regular price of everything! Use code CARDS20

tinkerbelldani

Sweet Cherry Pie

I take lots of pictures......
 so when is time for me to scrapbook I have to scrap all of them, I can't choose one. I notice that almost all the LO in the gallery and in scrapbooking in general, they only have one to two pictures. Anybody else like me or am I the only one?

ImageDani

stephfez

Cherry Bing

Re: I take lots of pictures......
 You are definitely not alone! I do it all the time. I tend to use at min 4 pics/page, think I have used as many as 12 once.
Stephanie

Nothing is foolproof for a sufficiently talented fool Image

Janshotgun

Cherry Cola

Most people do only use one or two, but you can take all the pictures from one event and break them down to 3 or 4 layouts, that way you can highlight 1-2 pics on each LO.

OR if you look in the gallery, you will see some people that do use multiple photos - you can use small 2 x 2 or 3 x 3 pictures and get up to 12 or more on a page.  Check out the gallery for ideas!  Some people have used multiple pics on a calendar grid for the whole month.
Jan - trying to find my way

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

SBcrazee

Cherry Jubilee

I do both. Sometimes I love to focus on just one photograph because it becomes the main focus & it's a picture I love so much. It also leaves more room for creativity or white space if that's the look I'm going for. Other times I have a series of pictures that tell a story so I'll do 3 or 4 pics or even a two page layout so I can include several pictures.
ImageImage

kcatt79

Sweet Cherry Pie

I used to be that way, and its only been because of inspiration here on the sight that I have gotten past that obcession. This place stretches me daily to change my style and get out of my comfort zone! It will change for you too, unless you want to use all your pictures, which I dont think is bad either!

wife of one, mother of FOUR! :)

http://socksscrapsandotherthings.blogspot.com/

tinkerbelldani

Sweet Cherry Pie

Good, I do look at the gallery for ideas all the time. I am not creative, so I get my ideas from all of you wonderful ladies. I am learning from all of you how to use more lots of colors. My LO are usually one color paper with embellishments. I have to learn how to download so I can show you guys some of my LO's.
ImageDani

Gypsymonkey

Bowl Full of Cherries

Oh, boy. You are definitely not alone. Sometimes, I'll have 10 pictures I want to scrap in a single layout. I either have to have the pics small, or make a two-page layout. Making a collage type layout is great when you have several pics.
"May you always have memories to scrap!" ~ Diana

scraptag

Cherry Cola

I am queen of multi-picture layouts.  That is why  I am still 2 years behind!  If you click on my site name you can get to my gallery and look.  I try to do some single pics every once in a while, but mostly I use a 5x7 with multiple trimmed down photos.  (mainly because I dont want to take the time and edit pics to a certain size and then send them to my online photosite for printing.  I just think the quality is better when you have them printed, but it takes me long enough to pic the pictures I THINK I want to print, let alone print up the right size for everything. 

dianagirly

Cherry Cropper

My dear, that is what photo albums are for. ;)

Queen Mum

Cherry Addict

I take a lot of pictures of the same event and love scrapping htem all.   I am pickier than I used to be but I have no problem using different views because the expressions speak to me.
Queen Mum - Grammy to Princess Bump (Lisa Giann) and Princess Bean (Gia Bella)

jBlaze

Cherry Blossom

Personally, I don't like the LO's that have just one or two picts.  Every now and then fine, but I think an album should be mostly multi pict LO's.  Otherwise I would end up with too many albums, lo.  Really, I think it is about the picts and memories, NOT the PAPER!
just my opinion though!
Jean
"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed people can change the world; indeed it is the only thing that ever has." -Margaret Mead
funny goat stories: http://www.homesteadingtoday.com/showth ... gest+thing

scraptag

Cherry Cola

Oh, if you go to my gallery, you need to click on the picture so you can see the other side of the layout, otherwise it just looks like I'm doing one or two pics on a page, when I really have a lot more on the other side of the layout.

DaisyLou

Sweet Cherry Pie

I used to do a lot of one or two pic LOs, but I have been trying to put more pics on my pages! My inclination is one or two, but I also take a lot of pics that need scrapping, and agree that the album should be mostly about the pics, not just page after page of embellies. I admire the way Bernadette gets so many pics on her pages. She has been inspiring to me lately in my efforts to get more on a page :)
http://www.acherryontop.com/bio?id=32183118/

emarie803

Cherry Jubilee

I've started doing more LOs with less photos, but I still have a lot of 2 page LOs with lots of photos, or I print them out smaller so I can get more on a page. I used to feel the need to scrap every photo I took ( and I take tons...)but I've gotten to a point where I can pick out the ones I feel best represent what I'm scrapping about. It's all up to you and what you're comfortable with. I'd love to see some of your work!

Mommybruno

Cherry Cola

I'm an obsessive picture-taker too, LOL! I used todo only 2-page LOs with every pic I could fit. I still do those, just not as much. I've learned to cull out the best pics of the bunch and scrap just those. Or for something like Christmas pictures, I'll have a couple of different layouts - maybe one just with stockings, another with Santa's big gift - to kind of highlight certain things that maybe would get lost in a picture packed layout. :)
Cassandra
"I tend to live in the past because most of my life is there." --Herb Caen
ImageImageImage

megamay

Cherry Cola

I find myself going the other way. Since I got my new camera, it takes photos much faster than my old one, so now I have HUNDREDS of photos per event. It just isnt practical to scrap them all.  So where I used to have like 50 birthday photos and I would narrow it down to like 20. Now I have like 150 and I narrow it down to 5, because it seems like once I start eliminating them, I realize that I dont really need THAT one either. Plus, I have been doing more journaling. I find that sometimes I can capture the moment or story in journaling better than in a bunch of half decent photos, so I just use one or two and write a lot.

Oh and yeah, I make more than one page per event, but I break it down into 'sub-events'.

Like for my daughter's birthday: one for her looking longingly at her cake, one for the funny looks on everyone's faces as they watched her blow, one for her blowing, one for her opening her presents, one for her playing with her presents, and one of the kids playing together.  Oh and that is not to mention the multiple pages about trick or treating that just happened to be part of her party too - lol!

And I dont necessarily scrap them all at the same time. So you might see just the page about her blowing out her candles and that only has one photo. But really I scrapped way more than that, they just arent posted together (or even finished yet)

Laura Fiore

Wild Cherry

I do a lot of layouts with one or two photos, but usually they are not done for a specific event. They are more just to talk about a feeling, or a funny thing that person always does, or just how awesome I think they are at this point in their life. When I do an event, I usually end up with more photos on the page.

TraciL

Cherry Garcia

I really do try to put more than 1 or 2, it just doesn't seem to work out  that way.  

I was really proud of a recent layout because I got 12 pics on it.  On the layout with 12 I finally got back to my CM crop tools and cropped the pics right down to the focal point.

I take too many pics to buy the smaller size - it seems to be about triple the price and you get more than 1.  Or at least I haven't figured out how to get just 1 wallet size yet.

Grandma Flowers

Cherry Cropper

I'm definitely like you.  My daughter got married this summer and we have 3000 (I'm not kidding) pictures.  I really want to scrap them all.
Image Image Image Image

---Jan---

cat1393

Cherry Cola

I use a plan a page plastic thingy (sorry don't know what it is exactly called) and I will use that to put at least 10 pics to a page. It is time consuming and I rarely have the patience for that thing!

Christine

Return to “General Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee