I feel the need to educate.

Moderator: ACOT Employee

Queen Mum
Cherry Addict
Gallery: 185

Re: I feel the need to educate.

Post by Queen Mum »

And it's

I COULDN'T CARE LESS   - meaning that there is no way you could care any less than you do (as in you DON'T CARE!)

If you could care less means you do care and it is possible to care less than you already do.
Queen Mum - Grammy to Princess Bump (Lisa Giann) and Princess Bean (Gia Bella)
writerlady
Bowl Full of Cherries
Gallery: 448

Post by writerlady »

Our President pronounces it that way, too!
Please stop by my blog,Writerlady's Craftroom

Mommybruno
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 1318

Post by Mommybruno »

My friend from Finland says "cheese" instead of geez, that's pretty funny. And my grandpa says "terlet" for "toilet".

And after just now looking out my window, I'm going to say "Sh*t" instead of "snow". :x
Cassandra
"I tend to live in the past because most of my life is there." --Herb Caen
ImageImageImage
LKappy
Cherry Garcia
Gallery: 106

Post by LKappy »

Y'all got sumpin against me or wut? Prolly all talkin bout me...must have nuttin better to do wif ur time...

I am guilty of not writing grammatically correct sentences, words, whatev... It is mostly because I do not proofread before I post ... or I am just being silly (like above). Giving up the "..." is not an option. It is how I roll. I was obviously one of those peeps that had no idea what the @ symbol meant. I was told *at, around, or about*. Learn something new everyday.

I do know the rules (at least the basics), but I try to save brain cell juice for papers and important emails.

I may have to send all of my posts through the word grammar and spell check from now on. :-D
~*Lisa*~

imwickedwitch
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 545

Post by imwickedwitch »

LoveMyBella wrote:
dianagirly wrote: I still remember when I got a piece of mail in high school for "Colledge Scholarships"
Bella's kindergarten class picture from a not-so-cheap, highly recommended Montessori came home with the words..."KindergarDen Class of 2007" printed in a nice, bold font.  The  photographer made the error, but no one at the Montessori noticed it until I pointed it out to them! 

Try as I might, I can't give up the "..."  So, you're going to have to live with those, Jamie! :-D

Yep.  That's a big one for me the whole Kindergarden or worse, Kindygarden.  Last summer when we went mini-golfing I saw a thank you poster from one of our local schools that prides itself in how structured their learning environment is and how high their students score on the state tests.  Yep. It was from the Kindergarden class (that part was obviously written by the teacher with signatures from the kids).  Yike!

Oh, and BTW........... 

................................................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Becky

Image Image Image
AnnOminous
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 211

Post by AnnOminous »

maybe the kindergarden people are just translating.... garten is German for garden.
imwickedwitch
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 545

Post by imwickedwitch »

somehow, I doubt it. But I could give them the benefit of the doubt, I guess.
Becky

Image Image Image
Queen Mum
Cherry Addict

Post by Queen Mum »

Mommybruno wrote:My friend from Finland says "cheese" instead of geez, that's pretty funny. And my grandpa says "terlet" for "toilet".

And after just now looking out my window, I'm going to say "Sh*t" instead of "snow". :x

Is your grandpa from the NYC area? (Brooklyn, perhaps?)

$h*t/snow -- same thing
Queen Mum
Cherry Addict

Post by Queen Mum »

imwickedwitch wrote:
Yep.  That's a big one for me the whole Kindergarden or worse, Kindygarden.  Last summer when we went mini-golfing I saw a thank you poster from one of our local schools that prides itself in how structured their learning environment is and how high their students score on the state tests.  Yep. It was from the Kindergarden class (that part was obviously written by the teacher with signatures from the kids).  Yike!

Oh, and BTW........... 

................................................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And then there is the KINNY GARDEN class that my friend's kids went to..............
Queen Mum
Cherry Addict

Post by Queen Mum »

Renee wrote: My personal fav is when people tack on an R where it doesn't belong. IdeaR, areaR, spatulaR... :?

It's a Vermont/New Hampshire thing
jBlaze
Cherry Blossom
Gallery: 1

Post by jBlaze »

Flapdoodle wrote: 

OH, and watch those renegade apostrophes before the "S" in every word ending with said letter "S".Those little buggers seem to weasel their way into every sentence, needed or not!
You know what, that is something that I know I do.  Those darn things frustrate the heck out of me, I have never figured them out and I am actually a pretty decent speller. (Not that I can type of course though!!) But those darn things just land wherever they feel like!  Sorry, but they whipped me long ago and I just let them have their way.
Jean
"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed people can change the world; indeed it is the only thing that ever has." -Margaret Mead
funny goat stories: http://www.homesteadingtoday.com/showth ... gest+thing
Queen Mum
Cherry Addict

Post by Queen Mum »

Flapdoodle wrote: I pronounce it, "JAY-me."

Some people think it's funny to call me "HY-me."  Which is how you'd say it in Spanish.  Image  I wasn't able to speak at the time I was named, unfortunately.

I thought Hymie was a Jewish name?
luboost
Sweet Cherry Pie
Gallery: 33

Post by luboost »

Flapdoodle wrote: I love learnin' stuff. :-D

Seriously though, I'd hate not to intentioanlly spell stuff silly on purpose but those who just don't know the difference drive me nutso.

I loved English and the fine arts in school but could not STAND any math other than general math. Adding, subtracting, decimals, fractions and stuff like that? Fine. Just don't give me that complicated stuff like algebra or calculus. *shudder*  Makes my head hurt.
I love learning too!  But I truly feel that my brain is deteriorating by the minute.  It's scary!  I used to blame it on the kids, but I'm not so sure anymore...

I'm more into the sciences though...chemistry anyone? :-D
TraciL
Cherry Garcia
Gallery: 238

Post by TraciL »

family member says "zink" instead of "sink"

sorry, didn't know how to get my point across without using "
Flapdoodle
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 3

Post by Flapdoodle »

LKappy wrote: Y'all got sumpin against me or wut? Prolly all talkin bout me...must have nuttin better to do wif ur time...

I am guilty of not writing grammatically correct sentences, words, whatev... It is mostly because I do not proofread before I post ... or I am just being silly (like above). Giving up the "..." is not an option. It is how I roll. I was obviously one of those peeps that had no idea what the @ symbol meant. I was told *at, around, or about*. Learn something new everyday.

I do know the rules (at least the basics), but I try to save brain cell juice for papers and important emails.

I may have to send all of my posts through the word grammar and spell check from now on. :-D
I hope you're ticklish because I'm  gonna come over there an' sit on you and tickle you til you pee. *muaahaahaa!!*
You know I luvs you. You're one smart cookie, IMO. Not to mention a sweet one, in my book.
Oh, and did I mention GORGEOUS?!?!?!?
ImageIf life gives you lemons, go find an annoying person with paper cuts.
Charliesangel
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 10

Post by Charliesangel »

I didn't read all the pages but I can't stand when my dh says acrossT!!!!!  Across doesn't have a T!!!
~Keira~
God determines who walks into your life....it's up to you to decide who you let walk away, who you let stay, and who you refuse to let go.
MLee
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 404

Post by MLee »

In math I was always taught that the @ was a replacement for apiece, as in bananas are .25@; and no I did not spell apiece wrong either. A piece of something is not the same as an item which is set apart to be sold invidually.

I think it's very interesting what will annoy some posters and what others will allow to slide. ;)

Flapdoodle
Chocolate Covered Cherry

Post by Flapdoodle »

Themom wrote: In math I was always taught that the @ was a replacement for apiece, as in bananas are .25@; and no I did not spell apiece wrong either. A piece of something is not the same as an item which is set apart to be sold invidually.

I think it's very interesting what will annoy some posters and what others will allow to slide. ;)
I know. I think I completely opened up a #10 can of worms!
LKappy
Cherry Garcia
Gallery: 106

Post by LKappy »

Flapdoodle wrote: I hope you're ticklish because I'm  gonna come over there an' sit on you and tickle you til you pee. *muaahaahaa!!*
You know I luvs you. You're one smart cookie, IMO. Not to mention a sweet one, in my book.

You are too funny and way too kind! :inlove:

I am very ticklish. After having 3 babies, I just might pee if tickled! J/k...maybe :-D
~*Lisa*~

Flapdoodle
Chocolate Covered Cherry

Post by Flapdoodle »

LKappy wrote:
Flapdoodle wrote: I hope you're ticklish because I'm  gonna come over there an' sit on you and tickle you til you pee. *muaahaahaa!!*

You are too funny and way too kind! :inlove:

I am very ticklish. After having 3 babies, I just might pee if tickled! J/k...maybe :-D

--And then after all that, I'd have to squeeze you and plant a big, sloppy kiss on yer forehead! WOOT!!!

Return to “General Talk”