We're celebrating World Card Making Day with 20% off the regular price of everything! Use code CARDS20

JulesinParadise

Tiki Bar Mgr

Do you hang Holiday Stockings?
 If so, what do you put in them?

We open our stockings on Christmas day.  Since we don't have a fireplace, we hang them from the front of our Christmas village.  The kids are all grown ups in their 30s so we give them candy and batteries and things we know they will need or want.  These are small gifts.  BOth my son and my son-in-law collect shot glasses so there will be a couple of those in each of theirs.  I usually give my dd a gourmet hot chocolate mix.

and you?
Image WAS a TIKI BAR GIRL AND ALWAYS WILL BE

kathyt

Sweet Cherry Pie

Re: Do you hang Holiday Stockings?
 Yep, we hang all 11 of them(12 when our not official adopted son it here) on the mantel over our woodstove.  We open them on Christmas morning.  The kids expect new socks and underwear in them, along with some other more fun stuff.
Kathy, who likes to think about scrapbooking

cat1393

Cherry Cola

Sure do! Whats Christmas w/o stockings!

Christine

SarahA

Chocolate Covered Cherry

We hang them, too!
They usually have candy, lip gloss, cute socks... that kind of stuff. Quinn has a pink stocking! :)

4peasinourpod

Wild Cherry

yes!

It is just an assortment of small gifts.  We open them before church on Christmas morning, and then they open their presents after we get home from Mass.
~pam~

carrie123

Cherry Cola

Can't have Christmas without stockings! Ours get little fun things in them.

grifscap

Chocolate Covered Cherry

always hang the stockings. we put batterys,books, small fun stuff. no candy my kids never cared for candy.

bumblebby

Cherry Garcia

We do have a fireplace but we will not be hanging the stockings from there. The kids stockings are 36" long! Not to mention that even if they had small stockings, I am worried that they will pull the stocking and the heavy holder down onto their heads. I'll wait until they are older.

We have a few books, colouring books, some Christmas chocolate, we got ds a long tube of dinky cars, plastic cups, plates, bowls with characters they like on them, and various other things which I can't remember. Dh sets up the stockings on Christmas eve so that the kids see them as soon as they wake up.

I'd say the stockings are more of dh's thing. He really enjoys setting them up and all that.

Northern Brat

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Yup we do!  I hang them on the fireplace. 

The kids get pretty much what you all that been saying...underwear, socks, batteries, DVD's,tooth brushes, chocolates, the Christmas orange! Etc.. Adults get lottery tickets, underarm deodrant, chocolates, etc...  They are the fun thing in the morning!
Leslie
2012: Goal - 75 layouts 4 mini albums 20 cards --------> Progress - layouts mini album - cards
J - /6
ImageImage

scraphappy24_7

Cherry Tart

yep...one for everyone of the family and one for each of the dogs too...We don't have a "mantle" on the fireplace so I hang them on a basket hanging rack thing and put that in front of the fireplace :winkb:
Dawn

The only time housework comes before scrapbooking is in the Dictionary...Author Unknown

montana_girl

Cherry Bomb

We don't have a fireplace or anywhere suitable to hang stockings, so we just prop our stockings up near the tree.  So, yes, we do stockings. 

Generally we fill the stockings with small prices gifts (love the $1 store for that!) and little things they will use such as batteries, travel sized tolitries, pens, tictacs, gum, etc.  Occasionally there will be gag gifts in there too.  One year we filled my dad's stockings with "smelly" stuff... votive candles, soap, etc.  When my son was little, my brother kept telling him all Santa brought him was underwear and we made sure the first to stocking stuffers were underwear.  I thought the poor kid was going to burst into tears after opening the second pair of underwear.  We had to quickly get him to open something else before he lost it.  ;)  (yes, my family has a wicked since of humor!)
Stacy

hlg1rose

Cherry Berry

Yes, we still hang them, over the fireplace.  This is the first year DD#1 is out on her own, but she will be home xmas morning.  I usually put socks, makeup, candy in the girls, golf stuff, in dhs but his is really hard to do and i need ideas every year.
[img:dgoiopbi]http://www.acherryontop.com/i/thumbnail ... picker.gif[/img:dgoiopbi]

heleneNY http://emptynestscraproom.blogspot.com/[/url:dgoiopbi]

"The skin I'm in is alright with me, it's not old, just older" ` JBJ

[img:dgoiopbi]http://www.acherryontop.com/i/gallery2/211014-490.gif[/img:dgoiopbi]

kcatt79

Sweet Cherry Pie

Yes, we do stockings. My mom always did it for us, and so we have carried it on. And my mom sends stuff every year for our stockings if she isnt coming. I even make sure my hubby has a stocking, and he has really gotten in to doing my stocking. Its fun, and I enjoy the little shopping I get to do for that.

wife of one, mother of FOUR! :)

http://socksscrapsandotherthings.blogspot.com/

Scraprat

Cherry Cola

We have our stockings out every year.  Since we don't have a mantle, I hang them on our entertainment stand.  We even have stockings for the pets, always have had!  We've gotten gifts like CD's, after shave/perfume, ornaments, candies all sorts of different things in them.  The pets get treats and toys.
Take care of you,
Deb

ScrapGoo

Cherry Jubilee

At my house it is just DH and I and we hang ours (and one for the kitties) on the mantle.  I made the stockings and they are quite beautiful if I do say so!  Stockings are the best part of presents, IMO.  We always put fun stuff in them.  For DH this year I am including some candy, nuts, gum, a metal water bottle thing, a Darth Vader mug (major star wars geek), a couple of things from Home Depot, some seasoning from the Melting Pot that he likes so much he could eat it out of his hand, socks, a tide to go stick as a half-joke because he always gets stuff on him at work, etc. 

At my mom's house there is the tradition of the Big Stocking.  One person gets it each year and it is a surprise who it will be.  This thing is the size of a small child and it is super awesome to be the one who gets it! 

Laura Fiore

Wild Cherry

We do hang them...and sometimes they are the BEST part of Christmas!

We get toothbrushes, small jewelry like watches, CD's, DVD's, perfume or aftershave...I LOVE filling the stockings and make sure everyone gets a little something special in them!

stephfez

Cherry Bing

We do stockings. I found a bunch of cool stuff for the girlies in the Target $1 bin a while back and loaded up then. I probably will get the older 2 some new undies too - now that #2 seems to be totally PT I want her to have new ones that have not had poop in them.
Stephanie

Nothing is foolproof for a sufficiently talented fool Image

mkcdaisy

Cherry Cola

Yes I do.  I hang one for me and then ones for the kitties at home (crazy I know) but nothing every gets put in them.  I also have one at mom and dads and that one I get goodies in.

Grandma Flowers

Cherry Cropper

Yes, we hang stockings.  Sometimes it seems like it's more expensive to fill the stockings than to buy a gift!
Image Image Image Image

---Jan---

Janshotgun

Cherry Cola

It's just dh and me and we still hang our stockings from the fireplace mantle.  He gets deoderant, aftershave, nuts, favorite candy, small tools, gift cards, razors, new electric toothbrush.  I ask for office supplies and scrapbook stuff.

When my kids were small, I cross-stitched their stockings with their names on them.   They still have those stockings and use them (over 25 years old!).  I don't have to fill their stockings or the grandkids unless they are here for Xmas.
We're usually at one of their homes for the holiday.
Jan - trying to find my way

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

Return to “General Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee