We're celebrating World Card Making Day with 20% off the regular price of everything! Use code CARDS20

ScrapGoo

Cherry Jubilee

Re: Question of the day 11/24
 Oh, many times... too many to remember which!

baltoscrapper

Bowl Full of Cherries

I can pop off an entire Janet Evanovich is one day, but not very often.
I used to be a "celebrity cherry", but now I'm in re-hab...... Holy Carp!

HollDoll

Cherry Picker

Like a novel, I'm sure I have...  but in high school or junior high prob. a Mary Higgins Clark book.

averys_mom

Cherry Cola

Oh, I definitely have.  Not sure what the last one was for sure, though.  I'm a fairly fast reader usually.

sarahwhithers

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Well i don't really read anymore, but back when I was I think about 13 or 14 I read 2 books in one day! hahaha! They were both those Harlequin romance novel books. I was a big reader back then so I read pretty much anything I could get my hands on, and we had tons of those in the house cuz of my mom. So that's what I read!

Janshotgun

Cherry Cola

Well, it was a long time ago and I got teased about it alot - We were on a camping trip and I was reading Silence of the Lambs and it was just soo good that I had a flashlight sitting around the campfire at night reading my book.  Everyone thought I was crazy - until they read the book and knew why!
Jan - trying to find my way

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

snowangels

Sweet Cherry Pie

I'm pretty sure I have, but I can't remember which ones.
- Jody -

cynderellaj

Cherry Cola

Oh yeah.  I love a weekend when I just lay in bed all day and read.  Haven't had one of those in a long time.
Image Image Image
Cyndi
I NEED SA - Scrappers Anonymous!!!

MOM2SNOX

A Cherry on Top

I was in grade school and read Tuck Everlasting in one setting...  I've been known to read paperbacks in one day but the larger books/novels usually take me two or more days.  But that's probably because I have 4-5 books going at one time. :)
Trish ~ It's all fun and games until somebody loses an EYELET!

ncokely

Cherry Cola

Yes many times - I am a fast reader and when I get a good book, I don't want to stop.
Anything by Karen Kingsbury would be in this category.
[img]file:///C:/Users/jscokely/Documents/design%20team%20banner.png[/img]~Nancy~
Scrapbooking began in the Bible Ps. 78:3-4
Personal best-31 LO's completed 6/2010
Image Image ImageImage

SBcrazee

Cherry Jubilee

Always with Nancy Drew/Hardy Boys/Enid Blyton books during my school days. Several others thereafter too. But not anymore. Now it takes me weeks to get through a book since I only read for a few minutes before bed before I start to doze off. One of the reasons I prefer audio books these days.
ImageImage

bluetulip

Cherry Bomb

I've read lots of books in a day.  The Harry Potter books come to mind.  I also read a lot of books about vampires and such.
ImageImageImageImage

MLee

Cherry Cola

Always... I become obsessed and will stay up all night to finish them and then get mad at myself because they're gone and I can't get them back. I always do this with Michael Connelly's books. I do this with Dale Brown's too - Angels and Demons, etc. The last one that I did this with was The Vanishing Act. It was so heartbreaking that I had to know how it ended.

Laura Fiore

Wild Cherry

I used to pretty often...now I can't sit still that long!

I think the most recent almost all in one sitting was the first Harry Potter book...I COULD NOT put that thing down. Stayed up all night reading in the bathroom on a girl's weekend away, and carried it around with my finger marking the page for every time there was a lull in the conversation!

sdwhru

Cherry Jubilee

Oh, yes, several!  I love to read.  Of course, it helps I can read at a pretty high wpm.  :)  I finished Twilight in one day - no prob!

anazelia

Cherry Cola

Yep, most of the Harry Potter books.

Janedee

Sweet Cherry Pie

Not too often these days but once in a while I'll read one of Janet Evanovitch's in a day!
Jane

zanettac

Cherry Jubilee

Does a Junie B Jones book count?  Me and my dd couldn't put it down!!

Carol

koala1966

Cherry Delight

Yes, many times.  There have been times that I forgot to go to sleep because I was so involved in a book. 

bellaconsmom

Cherry Jubilee

Yes, several times, and usually it's the Agatha Christie ones.

Lol, Tania, I've lost some sleep, too, just to get to the end!

Return to “General Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee