Get FREE shipping with your $35 order with code FREESHIP35

FurBaby_Mom

Wild Cherry

If you have all boys or all girls...
 Obviously I'm stewing over this....it's 3am and this is on my mind (I've had insomnia most of this pregnancy, though...it's not WHY I'm up!)
 As you know, we are pregnant with another boy.  That means I'll have two boys.  I don't know if we'll have more or not (it's under negotiation ;))  But we had two people in our very immediate family say, "A girl would've been nice, but a boy is fun, too!" and "I heard about the boy.  Although I guess it doesn't really matter, does it?  At least you already have clothes."
 Maybe I'm just being overly sensitive.  I AM tired, we've been sick for the last week....but still!  I know we've all been really cautious about this baby to begin with, but I feel like he's getting...what's the word?...jipped?
 It's not really like we took a poll and could then, I don't know, pre-program things!!! 
 Who else has all of the same sex?  Were people all weird about it?
Amy
"hoarder of supplies"

4peasinourpod

Wild Cherry

Re: If you have all boys or all girls...
 Well, not me :winkb:

BUT...I got pregnant with Delaney when Evan was in Kindergarten.  I would often be at the grocery store, or Target, or wherever, and have the girls...and was obviously pregnant.  People would often say..."Trying for that boy?" like I was playing roulette or something.  :winkb:  Even now (it happened today)  I say I have 4 children, and they ask how many of each...when I say a boy and three girls they ALWAYS ask where the boy is in the birth order.
~pam~

Keling

Cherry Jubilee

We have 2 boys, of course. We had a lot of strangers asking that sort of stuff when I was pregnant. We found out Jonny was going to be a boy very early because I was having so many ultra-sounds. A few people mentioned the clothes thing too. Which was especially hard for us. Tommy was nearly 4 when Jonny was born and I had gone into a premature menopausal state before I had Jonathan. The doctors said there was no way I'd have another, so we had gotten rid of everything and had to start all over again when Jonny was born. Jonny is now the size that Tommy was when he was born, so he's only now getting hand-me-downs from Tommy. If it hadn't been for hand-me-downs from friends, I don't know what we would have done, because Jonny didn't get a fraction of the gifts Tommy had. Even people who knew our situation who were lavish with Tommy jipped Jonny. (Not that you have kids for gifts...) but you can't help but make the comparison.
Sara

scrappinchic

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Most days I wish I had 2 boys. ;)  Does that count? :-D
I'm not late
Everyone else is way too on time.
0/3 for February

Bernadettte

Sweet Cherry Pie

Hey you, if I had a boy as cute as Eli, I would have wanted all boys :winkb:  Don't let people get to you, your baby is a precious gift.  I hope you feel better soon {{hugs}}

-Tracy-

Wild Cherry

I'm sorry that happened. People always said the most obnoxious things to me when I was pregnant. :waiting: Don't let them rain on your parade. ((((hugs)))))
On a molecular level, I'm very busy.

Kara

Cherry Jubilee

Amy my MIL always says that she wished hubby was a girl because she had 3 boys....but the truth is that all that matters is that he is healthy and that you are healthy!!! I am sorry that people are stupid but to be honest that is all that matters.

Love and hugs!
Image \ ImageImage

Kim2002

Digital Designers

We have two boys and had told everyone we really wanted all boys.  So I suppose if we had a girl, we might have had a similar reaction to you.  Maybe you could just say something like, "We are thrilled to have two boys and are excited for them to share that special bond that boys have with each other."  That should shut them up.  :)
Kim Hill, Owner & Designer, CG Essentials
Owner, Resources 4 Photographers **photographer tools sold exclusively through A Cherry on Top**
Find me on Facebook

bumblebby

Cherry Garcia

Some people have no clue. When I was pregnant with dd, dh and I were so sure it was a boy. We were discussing getting bunkbeds for the boys down the road etc. When we found out it was a girl, some people would say "you must be so happy!" I was happy the baby was healthy but the gender really didn't matter to me.

My parents had 4 girls and then a boy. I overheard my Mother saying she would have another baby only if she were guaranteed a boy, so I guess it is a touchy subject for me.

Oh, and I think every baby deserves a baby shower. I don't care how many other siblings there are and what their genders are. At the very least, diapers are going to be needed.

Jenn Kellams

Cherry Garcia

Look at it from the maybe their point of view.  Most people say they would like a boy and a girl.  Not all but most.  So maybe they are looking at it as a sympathy thing for you.  Maybe they are just assuming that you too would have wanted one of each and now that your not they are trying to make you feel better.  Look at it that way instead of the negative.  Not everyone says things like that to be mean or rude.  I have said things like that before to people and it definately wasn't to be rude.  I very stupidly assumed they wanted one of each I suppose.
Jennifer K.
Personal Blog

Grandma Flowers

Cherry Cropper

I have three girls.  When the last one was born, the doctor said, "Boy, I'll bet your husband is disappointed".  I couldn't believe it.  We wanted a baby, not a specific sex.  DH said he wasn't disappointed, he wouldn't know what to do with a boy anyway.
Image Image Image Image

---Jan---

JeanellePaige

Digital Designers

DH has 4 girls, no boys. Lots of people always ask him if he is sad he doesn't have a son. He is very happy with just his daughters. They are kis kids, of course he is going to love them, to him he never cared if he had a son, but people automatically think he should be upset he never had a boy.
Jeanelle Paige
My Blog ~ Lots of cool stuff there!!
My Shoppe ~ Always Sales!

stephfez

Cherry Bing

I have 3 girls ages 5, 3 and 18 mos. All I heard when I was pg with #3 was oh, you poor thing, are you going to try for your boy? or is your you husband disappointed it is another girl. I was so angry about it and it got so bad my oldest who was 3.5 by the time I had her was starting if there was something wrong with 3 of the same gender.  She asked me if daddy or mommy wanted a boy instead of a girl or if there was something wrong with 3 girls. I was so angry on her behalf.

I happen to love having 3 of the same gender. with them being 3.5 years between all 3 I can pass everything down and even with styles they work perfectly. It is wonderful for me. They are all playing polly pockets together or they dress up together, they have totally built in playmates. I have no idea why people are so awful about havign the same gender but they are.

ok, off my rant, sorry to hijak.

Stephanie
Stephanie

Nothing is foolproof for a sufficiently talented fool Image

LKappy

Cherry Garcia

Aww! Don't worry about other people. You will have a beautiful, healthy baby...and THAT is what matters!

I would get "Oh, so are you going to try for that boy?"

And CONGRATS!!!
~*Lisa*~

Northern Brat

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Don't listen to those comments!  You have a healthy baby and if he's as cute as his big brother, you'll have tons of girls around you! haha!  Just think...you'll always be queen! :-D  Congratulations again! 
Leslie
2012: Goal - 75 layouts 4 mini albums 20 cards --------> Progress - layouts mini album - cards
J - /6
ImageImage

beachlover

Cherry Addict

SWEETIE, YOU NEED SLEEEP!  (sorry, at work and had the darn caps lock thing going again :?)  But, you are worrying yourself way too much about the little things!  People always have things to say about everything, so don't concern yourself!  Here is what you need to be concentrating on:  A:  You have a wonderful hibby;  B:  you have a handsome, heathy cute little guy already, and C: you are getting another heathy little guy who will undoubtedly be just as gorgeous as big brother Eli.  And Eli will be thrilled to be a big brither!

People always have to make comments, sometimes they open their mouths and nonsense comes out, don't oncern yoiurself!  Once this little guy settles into your lives then you guys can decide if and when you decide to try for another.  But, that is a family matter :-D

{{{{{hugs}}}}  and get some rest!!!!
Ann ~ Life is always better at the beach!
 view my blog (new) https://ourhideawayparadise.blogspot.com/ 

nhlmom

Cherry Blossom

We have all boys and it's a blast!  There's never a dull moment in our home!   That's kind of the way I put it to everyone who is retarded enough to "sympathize" with me that I didn't have any girls.  It drives me crazy too!  My own mother was "disappointed" when we didn't have girls!  It's kind of a sore subject.  I was elated to have healthy, happy children.  You have to overlook everyone else-some people just don't think before they open their mouth! :x

girlsmommy

Cherry Bomb

I have three girls.  I think their Dad caught more hell about it than I did.  You know, he only produces girls or whatever.  It's a 50-50 chance every time.  That's all there is to it. The good thing about same sex kids is that they will play together and be the best of friends.  :) (hopefully)
Stacie

Image Image Image Be who you are, not who you think you should be.

hlg1rose

Cherry Berry

We have two girls, of course, that is back in the day when people didn't know the sex of the child, but after the second we were asked if we would be going for the boy, my response was always, I have what I want, two children, but if I go for a third, it won't be for a boy, just for a BABY!  people have nerve, but they mean well, hang in there!
[img:dgoiopbi]http://www.acherryontop.com/i/thumbnail ... picker.gif[/img:dgoiopbi]

heleneNY http://emptynestscraproom.blogspot.com/[/url:dgoiopbi]

"The skin I'm in is alright with me, it's not old, just older" ` JBJ

[img:dgoiopbi]http://www.acherryontop.com/i/gallery2/211014-490.gif[/img:dgoiopbi]

-Tracy-

Wild Cherry

jjenni08 wrote: Look at it from the maybe their point of view.  Most people say they would like a boy and a girl.  Not all but most.  So maybe they are looking at it as a sympathy thing for you.  Maybe they are just assuming that you too would have wanted one of each and now that your not they are trying to make you feel better.  Look at it that way instead of the negative.  Not everyone says things like that to be mean or rude.  I have said things like that before to people and it definately wasn't to be rude.  I very stupidly assumed they wanted one of each I suppose.

Sorry to disagree, but whether you meant to or not--that's just downright rude. Pregnant mom's have enough on their minds worrying that the pregnancy will have no complications and that their baby will be heathly. They don't need people chiming in about what sex they think is better or more wanted. NO mom is going to love her child any less because of it's gender.
On a molecular level, I'm very busy.

Return to “General Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee