Get FREE shipping with your $35 order with code FREESHIP35

SarahA

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Question for ATG Owners
 So today I'm in HL in the framing section. They have 4 ATG's sitting there for their use. So I ask if they have them to sell & they said that they now have them in the scrap section. So I go over there & ask & the lady shows me a Glue Glider, which looks the same and all, but doesn't say ATG on it. So, my question is... is that the same thing? I don't want to spend the money if it's not the real deal since everyone seems to love their ATG's.
And, if it's not the same thing, where did everyone get theirs? After going through Tombow's like crazy lately, I think I might as well make the investment.
Plus, I would look bad-a$$ using it. :-D

4peasinourpod

Wild Cherry

Re: Question for ATG Owners
~pam~

justred2u

Cherry Picker

What is an ATG?  Is it an adhesive dispenser or what?  Being new at this there are a few tools I originally bought which I have since discovered may not (or shouldn't have been) the one to buy.  So i am trying to research this item.  give me something to go with!!! please!!!  I really appreciate!
Leslie Mar 1/10
ImageImage
1) Rebel. Refuse to accept the idea that creativity is work.
2) Play. Think like a child.
3) Zone. Tune out negative vibes.
4) Feel. Open your heart, nurture your imagination.

HollDoll

Cherry Picker

Yeah you would look totally Bad!  Like, welcome to the gun show.

bluejeans7

Bowl Full of Cherries

SarahA wrote: So today I'm in HL in the framing section. They have 4 ATG's sitting there for their use. So I ask if they have them to sell & they said that they now have them in the scrap section. So I go over there & ask & the lady shows me a Glue Glider, which looks the same and all, but doesn't say ATG on it. So, my question is... is that the same thing? I don't want to spend the money if it's not the real deal since everyone seems to love their ATG's.
And, if it's not the same thing, where did everyone get theirs? After going through Tombow's like crazy lately, I think I might as well make the investment.
Plus, I would look bad-a$$ using it. :-D

That's a great question.  I seen the Glue Glider at Hobby Lobby the last time I was there too and wondered about it.  They also had a smaller pink one.

luboost

Sweet Cherry Pie

I'm afraid I don't get them.  Why so big?  I think I'd feel funny with it... :?

rica71

Cherry Picker

I LOVE my ATG gun.  I've actually had 5 people here order them because of mine.  I would say being that I'm over here in Germany I haven't seen this Glue Glider so I can't say anything on that.  But I would double check the cost of refills.  When you order the refills from Framing Supplies they're only about  $3.75 and they last awhile.  That's my 2 cents don't know if it helps. 
aka--SCRAPALICIOUS April Layout Challenge--0/20
Image Image Image

Vicky

Cherry Jubilee

I have the red ATG gun and have had it for quite a long time.  I ordered it from framing supplies too.  Along with a dozen adhesive refills (cheaper if you buy more).  I love it.  At first I thought it would be akward, but its not.
Vicky
Get crackin at that scrappin!

chattyscrapper

Sweet Cherry Pie

Good Morning... ditto on framingsupplies.com. You'll love it..

I do not know anything about that glue glider. I'd have to see and use it.. but, I wouldn't switch.. the ATG is lightweight, easy to use and the glue is cheap and very sticky. all of my scrap friends have them and love em too..

Queen Mum

Cherry Addict

I have the red ATG.

They will have to pry that out of my cold dead hand to get me to give it up.
Queen Mum - Grammy to Princess Bump (Lisa Giann) and Princess Bean (Gia Bella)

-Tracy-

Wild Cherry

I googled it and found some other threads where people were talking about it. BAD reviews. The amount of tape is only 180 feet where the ATG gun gives you 60 YARDS, and apparently the refills are expensive. Plus the cartrige is fragile and breaks a lot.

Just what I saw, thought I'd pass it on. ;)

ETA: I think the refills for the glider are around $7.
On a molecular level, I'm very busy.

ScrapGoo

Cherry Jubilee

The Glue Glider is much smaller but the refills are much more expensive than the ATG. 

Scrappinmac

Cherry Tart

ICanHasCherryOnTop wrote: I googled it and found some other threads where people were talking about it. BAD reviews. The amount of tape is only 180 feet where the ATG gun gives you 60 YARDS, and apparently the refills are expensive. Plus the cartrige is fragile and breaks a lot.

Just what I saw, thought I'd pass it on.

ETA: I think the refills for the glider are around $7.

pssst- 180 feet = 60 yards

-Tracy-

Wild Cherry

Sorry. I took that right from someone's else post.

*shutting up now*

baltoscrapper

Bowl Full of Cherries

LOL Tracy!
I used to be a "celebrity cherry", but now I'm in re-hab...... Holy Carp!

DaisyLou

Sweet Cherry Pie

Someone I know just got this one and she says it is just as good as the atg but way cheaper! I wish I'd found this link before I got mine! The refills will fit the atg brand as well though
http://www.thetapedepot.com/cart/compon ... /Itemid,1/http://www.thetapedepot.com/cart/compon ... /Itemid,1/

eta: I loooove my atg - it is big but it's light and you get used to the bulk very quickly. It has to be that big to hold the fat rolls of really cheap adhesive :-D
I love that it sticks really well, but if you get it somewhere you don't want it you can roll it off with your finger like rubber cement. I use mine for paper, ribbon, buttons/other embellies - pretty much whatever! For the heavier items like buttons I put 2 or 3 layers in one spot to give it some thickness and it holds just fine!

-Tracy-

Wild Cherry

DaisyLou wrote: Someone I know just got this one and she says it is just as good as the atg but way cheaper! I wish I'd found this link before I got mine! The refills will fit the atg brand as well though
http://www.thetapedepot.com/cart/compon ... /Itemid,1/http://www.thetapedepot.com/cart/index.php

eta: I loooove my atg - it is big but it's light and you get used to the bulk very quickly. It has to be that big to hold the fat rolls of really cheap adhesive :-D
I love that it sticks really well, but if you get it somewhere you don't want it you can roll it off with your finger like rubber cement. I use mine for paper, ribbon, buttons/other embellies - pretty much whatever! For the heavier items like buttons I put 2 or 3 layers in one spot to give it some thickness and it holds just fine!

Your link doesn't work. :(

DaisyLou

Sweet Cherry Pie

Yeah I'm trying to fix it, but apparently I can't delete a link when I edit... trying again
the gun
http://www.thetapedepot.com/cart/compon ... /Itemid,1/

the refills
http://www.thetapedepot.com/cart/compon ... /Itemid,1/

JelloShotLady

Cherry Blossom

Its kind of the same thing. A little cheaper then the ATG gun if you use the 40% coupon at HL. I dont know if it works the same or not.
I bought my ATG guns off Ebay (a 700 and a 752) with a box of tape for around $40.00.
“Wrinkles will only go where the smiles have been.”
- Jimmy Buffett

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee