Get an extra 10% off everything with code FALL10
PLUS get a free $5 gift card with a $50 purchase with code FREE5

scrapsakes

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Re: Want a FREE book printed?
 you really can see the textured background and it's gorgeous!!
 i've done something similar through shutterfly and was going
 to get another one done, but i'll give this one a try too :) TFS!
"a heart in love with beauty never grows old" Image (turkish proverb)

RandiOh

Digital Designers

your book looks fabulous, Kim! thanks for the info on this site.. too bad .exe files don't work for Mac.. aaaah ;(
_____
Peace & Scrappiness,
Randi
click the blinkies for my store & blog :)
Image*Image Image
~ be the change you wish to see in the world ~ Gandhi

-Tracy-

Wild Cherry

RandiOh wrote: your book looks fabulous, Kim! thanks for the info on this site.. too bad .exe files don't work for Mac.. aaaah ;(

Randi-it works for Mac as long as your browser is Safari or Firefox. It downloads for us as a dmg. ;)
On a molecular level, I'm very busy.

RandiOh

Digital Designers

ICanHasCherryOnTop wrote:
RandiOh wrote: your book looks fabulous, Kim! thanks for the info on this site.. too bad .exe files don't work for Mac.. aaaah ;(

Randi-it works for Mac as long as your browser is Safari or Firefox. It downloads for us as a dmg. ;)
Tracy... I am doing the YMCA dance!!! gotta love dmg's :D

_____
Peace & Scrappiness,
Randi
Image*Image Image

-Tracy-

Wild Cherry

OMG!!! I LOVE that smiley!! **snatch**

allysonc

Cherry Cola

THAT IS sooo cool. It looks great Kim! :)
Ally

crisdam

Digital Designers

Kim that looks great! thanks for the info.  Now I need to make more layouts. :-D

Kim2002

Digital Designers

Hey Randi, if you do try the download with your Mac, can you let us know if it does, in fact, work?  The Inkubook site says the Microsoft Silverlight software isn't supported on Macs.  So even if you can download it as a DMG, the interface may not work.
Kim Hill, Owner & Designer, CG Essentials
Owner, Resources 4 Photographers **photographer tools sold exclusively through A Cherry on Top**
Find me on Facebook

-Tracy-

Wild Cherry

Kim2002 wrote:Hey Randi, if you do try the download with your Mac, can you let us know if it does, in fact, work?  The Inkubook site says the Microsoft Silverlight software isn't supported on Macs.  So even if you can download it as a DMG, the interface may not work.

I've already tried it out. :-D Uploaded just a couple sample pages for myself to get familiar with how it would be and it worked just fine, but you have to use Firefox or Safari for your browser.

ETA: I'm running OSX 10.5.5 (leopard) on a MacBook. (It says it won't work with a Mac PowerPC)

Mommybruno

Cherry Cola

I was scouring my disks of digi layouts last night, and I think I'm going to do a holiday book! Just need to whip out a couple more layouts before the deadline!

Thanks so much for posting this!! :-D
Cassandra
"I tend to live in the past because most of my life is there." --Herb Caen
ImageImageImage

Firegems

Sweet Cherry Pie

That is really cool!
Firegems

Kim2002

Digital Designers

Kim2002 wrote:Hey Randi, if you do try the download with your Mac, can you let us know if it does, in fact, work?  The Inkubook site says the Microsoft Silverlight software isn't supported on Macs.  So even if you can download it as a DMG, the interface may not work.

I've already tried it out. :-D Uploaded just a couple sample pages for myself to get familiar with how it would be and it worked just fine, but you have to use Firefox or Safari for your browser.

ETA: I'm running OSX 10.5.5 (leopard) on a MacBook. (It says it won't work with a Mac PowerPC)

Oooh, that is terrific!!  I'm going to forward this on to the marketing rep over there at Inkubook cuz I think they'd like to offer this option to their potential customers.  :)
Kim Hill, Owner & Designer, CG Essentials
Owner, Resources 4 Photographers **photographer tools sold exclusively through A Cherry on Top**
Find me on Facebook

DN in MN

Wild Cherry

That is really cool... TFS :)
2024 Layout goal ~ 14/100      2024 Word ~ FOCUS

RandiOh

Digital Designers

ICanHasCherryOnTop wrote: OMG!!! I LOVE that smiley!! **snatch**
:-D

we need better emoticons here :greensleeping:
_____
Peace & Scrappiness,
Randi
Image*Image Image

Pegster

Sweet Cherry Pie

That is gorgeous!! Thanks for sharing!
Peggy

Pegster

Sweet Cherry Pie

I just checked out and I have to make one for my dd for christmas! I just hope I can figure it out..sort of dumb at this..
Peggy

RandiOh

Digital Designers

Kim2002 wrote:

Oooh, that is terrific!!  I'm going to forward this on to the marketing rep over there at Inkubook cuz I think they'd like to offer this option to their potential customers.  :)
I have NOT been able to get it to work on my desktop - Mac, but works on my MacBook running OSx 10.5.4 (leopard) ... and I want it on my DESKTOP ;( .. at least I can try it.. no time now, but soon :)
_____
Peace & Scrappiness,
Randi
Image*Image Image

-Tracy-

Wild Cherry

Well that stinks!!! Sorry Randi! :(

MamaK321

Cherry Addict

Randi, have you looked at MyPicTales?  They have a program you can download, I wonder if it'll work for you??
Image Image

RandiOh

Digital Designers

aw, Tracy you are sweet. No worries :) Kristianne, thanks -- I have not checked out PicTales, although familiar with the site. I really want to do a nice 'year of memories' book for holiday gifts. Glad Kim shared with us !
_____
Peace & Scrappiness,
Randi
Image*Image Image

Return to “Digital Talk”

Information

Moderators

MamaK321, ACOT Employee