anyone going to make crafty gifts to give for christmas?

Moderator: ACOT Employee

MamaK321
Cherry Addict
Gallery: 1010

Re: anyone going to make crafty gifts to give for christmas?

Post by MamaK321 »

for calendars, there are a couple in the shoppe: digital products here (4 in the top two rows) .... and some paper projects here (do a shoppe search for calendars and there are TONS of various products)

I've also been looking at My Pic Tales, they have a nice selection with a couple different styles and their pricing looks pretty good.
Image Image
davsar
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 631

Post by davsar »

Probably, but not sure what yet!
ImageImage
naney1952
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 8

Post by naney1952 »

Not sure yet....was going to do some cookbooks but I  will probably run out of time like always :? 
Jane ImageImage Image
LOYAL COLTS FAN
JulianaM
Cherry Bomb
Gallery: 259

Post by JulianaM »

I have some ideas of things.  I am thinking about doing some silhouettes of my nieces and framing them for my sister as a gift.  Cards of course.  Maybe some ornaments.  I'll see as time goes, what I am inspired to create!
2Bizi
Cherry Bomb
Gallery: 408

Post by 2Bizi »

www.acherryontop.com/i/gallery2/130052-200.jpg

I made this for my MIL; I have a separate mini-album idea for my mom and sister and that's probably about it for the year except for one notecard set I made with handmade envelopes for which I have yet to pick a recipient.
2Bizi
Choices are never hard if we are not afraid of bringing change..

stephfez
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 28

Post by stephfez »

I am planning on acrylic albums for my grandfather and dh's grandmother. Probably one for FIL and for my dad too. I am going to buy aprons when HL has them on sale and package them with fabric paint for my neices and nephew to do. Trying to make it more of a "home made" Christmas this year. Have to figure out my MIL though, I made her an acrylic for her b-day so I am not going to do that again so soon.
Stephanie

Nothing is foolproof for a sufficiently talented fool Image
AmyTeets
Digital Designers
Gallery: 368

Post by AmyTeets »

I think Ill be buying crafty items! LOL!  It seems whenever I make things, I don't get a great reaction for some reason! LOL!
You know what would be fun to make though, is a Christmas ornament every year for the fam.(we usually don't get home for Christmas) with the boys pic in it, or maybe they can make the ornaments :inlove: 
Amy Teets Designs

My Blog
Facebook
Semper Fi

Snag Me!
megamay
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 983

Post by megamay »

I am planning to make mini calendars for the teachers, mini albums for the grandparents, and magnets (along with some other gift) for the parents.
Henu_Nea
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 127

Post by Henu_Nea »

I plan on it! If I can get my butt in gear. I want to give some scarfs to friends and make little scrappy chipboard books for the grandparents.
ImageImage
Image Image
FairyMouseMom
Cherry Addict
Gallery: 943

Post by FairyMouseMom »

I plan to do so, but not sure what yet!
Hey, I at least have my Christmas cards made.....  BEFORE  you go all kooky on me....know they are the ones that I made last year BUT NEVER SENT OUT TO ANYONE.  Yup, that's right....first year EVER that I did not send them out at all......hanging head in shame!
Egle ~ Let the things you love be your escape. ~
I am addicted to alphabets!....and papers.....and....

Image Image Image
Niki
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 142

Post by Niki »

Nicole
Image Image Image
luboost
Sweet Cherry Pie
Gallery: 33

Post by luboost »

FairyMouseMom wrote:I plan to do so, but not sure what yet!
Hey, I at least have my Christmas cards made.....  BEFORE  you go all kooky on me....know they are the ones that I made last year BUT NEVER SENT OUT TO ANYONE.  Yup, that's right....first year EVER that I did not send them out at all......hanging head in shame!
It happens to the best of us!  I haven't sent cards for the last 2 years...  life just got crazy, and for the last 3 years I've gone downhill around Thanksgiving time.  This year I am going to make it through even if it means weekly therapist visits! ;)

erica :)
catsx2
Sweet Cherry Pie

Post by catsx2 »

I'd like too.  Can someone point me to the K and Co address books?
Nicole
baltoscrapper
Bowl Full of Cherries
Gallery: 358

Post by baltoscrapper »

I've been thinking about this a lot lately. I REALLY want to get away from the commercial aspect of Christmas this year and bring it back to what it is supposed to be. 
Kids under 18 will get a gift. They don't really dig the homemade stuff, so I will submit until they are 18.  Everyone else is getting a handmade gift. We all went to Disney this year so everyone is getting an 8 x 8 album, featuring their immediate familyand than some shots that everyone wants, so each album will be different.

Also, someone showed me how to take a clear glass ornament, spray the INSIDE with spray adhesive, sprinkle in glitter, let dry and than shake out excess. Than, for the outside, take alcohol ink and "drizzle" it down the sides of the ornament, looks very stained glass. So between ornaments and albums, I should be good.
I used to be a "celebrity cherry", but now I'm in re-hab...... Holy Carp!
averys_mom
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 293

Post by averys_mom »

These are all such great ideas, everyone!  I'm so glad to see so many are doing homemade gifts this year!

Return to “General Talk”