How many pictures do you have

Moderator: ACOT Employee

ncokely
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 601

How many pictures do you have

Post by ncokely »

stored on your computer??  Just curious -I think my count is over 4,000.  Dh says I need to put them on a thumb drive.  But it seems like with the Kodak software that every time I take a picture off, it makes a double!! :?
[img]file:///C:/Users/jscokely/Documents/design%20team%20banner.png[/img]~Nancy~
Scrapbooking began in the Bible Ps. 78:3-4
Personal best-31 LO's completed 6/2010
Image Image ImageImage

luboost
Sweet Cherry Pie
Gallery: 33

Re: How many pictures do you have

Post by luboost »

516!  I just went digital in December of last year, and it's taken me a while to realize that, unlike film, you can snap as many shots as you want and then edit later...I love that!  I expect my total to go up exponentially! ;)

erica :)
JeanellePaige
Digital Designers
Gallery: 154

Post by JeanellePaige »

I have no clue, but it's a LOT! I am thinking of just deleting them. I have scrapped all the good ones. Maybe I won't. IDK.
I was also thinking about the fact that I have 4 kids and I am sure each kid is going to want some scrap pages to take with them when they move out. How the heck am I gonna do that!? LOL! I haven't saved all of my LO's, but I do have galleries around. I should have thought all of this out from the beginning!
Oops, sorrry, didn't mean to ramble and take over the thread. :?
Jeanelle Paige
My Blog ~ Lots of cool stuff there!!
My Shoppe ~ Always Sales!

steph_1999
Cherry Blossom

Post by steph_1999 »

I haven't uploaded all of them to the computer yet but I would say atleast a couple thousand on the computer... and a couple thousand off the computer!!
MLee
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 404

Post by MLee »

I have a long explanation of how I store my digital photos but it is definitely NOT on my camera or on the computer. Get a flash drive or an external hard drive and store your photos safely.

Kimandasmo
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 829

Post by Kimandasmo »

most of mine have been transfered to cd's or transfered to my EHD-- proabably well over 10,000 on my ehd and only about 200 on my computer that need to be transfered.
nicoleoh
Cherry Blossom
Gallery: 11

Post by nicoleoh »

I have an EHD (external hard drive) and all my photo are stored on there.  I take between 9,000-11,000 photos a year and I have almost 4 years worth stored on it. 
Last edited by nicoleoh on Sun Oct 12, 2008 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Smiley-Scrap8
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 889

Post by Smiley-Scrap8 »

Well I couldn't even take a guess. We have 3 external harddrives full of photos. My dh says that double you think you software is making my just be a thumbnail for easy viewing and you probably shouldn't delete any. You may delete the good one by accident.

But I would totally suggest an external harddrive for storage. I can't live with out them.
Ronny
justred2u
Cherry Picker
Gallery: 4

Post by justred2u »

I know this sounds like I am a smidgen slow here but I never thought about ehd for my pics ... just been loading them onto thumbdrives.  mmm new Christmas gift idea for me!!!  thanks for the suggestion...  I have no idea on how many i have.
Leslie Mar 1/10
ImageImage
1) Rebel. Refuse to accept the idea that creativity is work.
2) Play. Think like a child.
3) Zone. Tune out negative vibes.
4) Feel. Open your heart, nurture your imagination.
-Shannon-
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 148

Post by -Shannon- »

Themom wrote: I have a long explanation of how I store my digital photos but it is definitely NOT on my camera or on the computer. Get a flash drive or an external hard drive and store your photos safely.
Even an EHD isn't safe. You still need ANOTHER back source.
- Shannon

I have an everyday religion that works for me. Love yourself first, and everything else falls into line.
-Lucille Ball

LKappy
Cherry Garcia
Gallery: 106

Post by LKappy »

25, 910... I just checked for this thread. I am @ 4+ years behind on printing and will probably never catch up.
~*Lisa*~

AnnOminous
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 211

Post by AnnOminous »

I have 5390 pictures that were taken with one of my digital cameras.  Or rather that many files.  Several are action shots where there are 16 pictures in one file.   I've got another 200+ files of picture film negatives that I have scanned in, too - and I have only just begun on that project!!!
jaziscrapper
Wild Cherry
Gallery: 152

Post by jaziscrapper »

I have no clue. I have them on both computers, my laptop, and 2 external hard drives.
Charleneanne
Cherry Delight
Gallery: 1504

Post by Charleneanne »

about 12000 and only maybe a couple thousand on CD's.  I also have a bunch on a flash drive and I have another flash drive to use and also an EHD as well I need to load pix onto.   I wanted to do copies on the EHD and keep them on the computer as well but not sure if that is possible or even a good idea.
Sus79
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 1714

Post by Sus79 »

10154 to be excact.
ImageImageImageImageImage

Jenn Kellams
Cherry Garcia
Gallery: 402

Post by Jenn Kellams »

Just my Europe photos I have 2000 and my wedding folder has about the same amount.  So just in two folders I have approx. 4000.  I would say close to 10,000 but they are on a EHD.  Not on the computer.
Jennifer K.
Personal Blog
Queen Mum
Cherry Addict
Gallery: 185

Post by Queen Mum »

Only about 3000
Queen Mum - Grammy to Princess Bump (Lisa Giann) and Princess Bean (Gia Bella)
naney1952
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 8

Post by naney1952 »

On the computer.....around 14000 
Jane ImageImage Image
LOYAL COLTS FAN
koala1966
Cherry Delight
Gallery: 2526

Post by koala1966 »

I know for sure it's over 10,000, probably close to 20,000 now.  I like to keep a copy on my computer because they are easy to get to, but I'm with M'Lee, I have multiple backup copies of mine (CD and 2 different EHDs, plus I've started uploading them to online storage).
maryscraps
Cherry Tart

Post by maryscraps »

my desktop computer -not alot. I cleaned almost all of them off and put on a flash drive.
my laptop -about 200 or so.

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”