Halloween costumes?

Moderator: ACOT Employee

zanettac
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 155

Halloween costumes?

Post by zanettac »

So what are you kids going to be this Halloween?  And when are they allowed to trick or treat? 
My dd wants to be a cat this year.  We saw a cute one at target..but I might try to convince her that she can wear black sweats and we'll by ears, a tail and some make-up.  My ds is going to be nemo...got his costume on clearance at the disney store site!!

I was excited to see Halloween was on a Friday...but then I check out local areas calendar and trick or treat is schedule for Thursday night.  Little bummed since my dd has to be at the bus stop by 7:10 am the following morning.  But I guess it works out...since Friday night are kinda hectic.

Carol
davsar
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 631

Re: Halloween costumes?

Post by davsar »

Well, Brennan (my train lover) really wants to be a train or train conductor this year.  I'm a very mean mommy because I told him no - since he was that last year. 

I really want the boys to be cute monsters or spiders or something Halloweenish so that I can actually use the supplies I stash for Halloween!
ImageImage
hellmgle
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 178

Post by hellmgle »

My oldest if at all is only going to wear a sheet as a ghost....too cool to dress up but still wants the candy...
My ds is going to be Jenga Fett (StarWars) and my dd is going to be the same kitty cat that we got from Target last year....thank goodness only 1 new costume this year..... :-D
nun69
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 1549

Post by nun69 »

Ben is going to be the scarecrow from the wizard of oz again, Abby is going to be Doroty and Peyton is gonna be a lion!
Image~Angie~
Mommybruno
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 1318

Post by Mommybruno »

DS is holding out for 10/25, when we visit the pumpkin farm and the huge halloween store in Binghamton. We stay over with my BFF, it's a yearly tradition. We don't usually go so late though, that's just how everyone's schedules worked out this year. I'm nervous about waiting last minute, but maybe we'll get really good discounts!
Cassandra
"I tend to live in the past because most of my life is there." --Herb Caen
ImageImageImage
LKappy
Cherry Garcia
Gallery: 106

Post by LKappy »

I think my little one is going to be a bumble bee, lady bug, or witch...not sure yet. My middle one can't make up her mind, she says lady bug or skeleton or cat... or... or... or ...
My oldest wants to be a "dark fairy"??

We will trick or treat probably @ 6:30 or 7 on whatever day they say. I would think Friday.
~*Lisa*~

girlsmommy
Cherry Bomb
Gallery: 172

Post by girlsmommy »

Lauren will be a bumble bee this year. I found wings, antenna and a stinger at Claire's. I guess she will wear a black leotard and black and yellow striped tights. 

Destiny wants to be a butterfly.  I found some monarch wings at Joanne's, but she wasn't thrilled with them.  I know Gymbo has a really cute butterfly costume.  It's just way too expensive for me.

Hayley really hasn't decided on what to be.  I kinda wanted to stick with the bug theme.  I was thinking ladybug or spider. But, you know, a flower would be so cute!
Stacie

Image Image Image Be who you are, not who you think you should be.
averys_mom
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 293

Post by averys_mom »

My dd is either going to be a clown or a fall fairy.  It depends on whether or not the clown costume I have fits her yet.  If not, then I'm going to make her a tutu out of fall colored tulle and glue foil leaves on it.  I've already got wings, I would just need to put copper glitter glue on them to make them fall-ish. 
PezKat
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 514

Post by PezKat »

davsar wrote: Well, Brennan (my train lover) really wants to be a train or train conductor this year.  I'm a very mean mommy because I told him no - since he was that last year. 

I really want the boys to be cute monsters or spiders or something Halloweenish so that I can actually use the supplies I stash for Halloween!
Well as long as it's Halloween use whatever supplies fit the theme, they don't have to match the photos!  (I have a problem w/that too, lol!)
Image Image
FurBaby_Mom
Wild Cherry
Gallery: 444

Post by FurBaby_Mom »

This is from the Pottery Barn catalog (this isn't Eli!):
Last edited by FurBaby_Mom on Thu Oct 09, 2008 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Amy
"hoarder of supplies"
carolynlontin
Cherry Picker
Gallery: 40

Post by carolynlontin »

My ds is going to be Captain Rex from Star Wars the Clone Wars.

I have never heard of trick or treating on any night other than Oct 31st so I am anticipating Oct 31st as the night we go out ... if it's on Thurs that may be odd since we have football practice ...

Here is a pic of my DS in his costume last weekend :

baltoscrapper
Bowl Full of Cherries
Gallery: 358

Post by baltoscrapper »

My boys (Ken and Mason) are going as Darth Vader and Aniken Skywalker............buncha dorks I tell ya! :winkb:
I used to be a "celebrity cherry", but now I'm in re-hab...... Holy Carp!
FurBaby_Mom
Wild Cherry
Gallery: 444

Post by FurBaby_Mom »

Cec, you'd make a cute Princess Leah (sp?)
Amy
"hoarder of supplies"
deerewife
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 483

Post by deerewife »

My lamb obsessed child is going to be a lamb again this year.  We altered the costume a little more than last year and made one of her lambs into Little Bo Peep :)

My oldest is going to be an angel :)
Image Image Image Image

Jenna - Mom to Emily (2/02) & Kaitlyn (2/04)
luboost
Sweet Cherry Pie
Gallery: 33

Post by luboost »

Ds is going to be Batman (I don't even think he really knows who Batman is) and dd is going to be a bee thing (has a bee body with a little tutu skirt).  Got the costumes at Target.  I should probably make them myself, but it's so easy just to buy.  I really wanted the little fairy costume from the Childrens Place for dd but I had a hard time spending $25 for one night.  She'll grow right out of it... :waiting:

erica :)
steph_1999
Cherry Blossom

Post by steph_1999 »

I am excited for Halloween this year!  The twins (almost 3) are going to be Spiderman and a Tinkerbell (their favorite characters).  My youngest son who is 1 year old is going to be a fat little pumpkin!  I can't wait to take the photos this year.  :)
MOM2SNOX
A Cherry on Top
Gallery: 139

Post by MOM2SNOX »

Z wants to be Stitch... not sure where I'm gonna find a four-armed purple/blue costume.... ;P And I don't like the ones on Amazon.com.  Too commercial.
Wheeliegirl
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 131

Post by Wheeliegirl »

Oh boy do I miss getting Halloween costumes for my boysyoung men.  My 13yr old doesn't even want to give out candy to the kids.
ImageImageImageImage
-Donna-
MamaK321
Cherry Addict
Gallery: 1010

Post by MamaK321 »

T-o-T on Thursday?? that is weird! I am really glad it's on a Friday, we don't have to fight to get them to bed for school the next day and heck, the teachers don't have to deal with 30 little sugar-rushes in class all day. :winkb: 

On base, we have a designated time for ToTing, like 6-8 I think. I feel bad, with dh not here no one will be home to hand out candy. I will leave a bowl out front but definite not the large sack of loot that I normally like to hand out.

Sam (6) is going as Ariel the mermaid and Becca (10) is a Jade Dragon warrior ninja person. lol not sure exactly what you'd call it but it's really cool.
Image Image
just_v
Cherry Tart
Gallery: 3

Post by just_v »

Linsey is 2 1/2, but this is going to be her first Halloween outing.  The first year it was silly as she was just 6 months, so we passed.  Last year, she got the plague at 3am Halloween morning.  She loved watching out the screen door for the kids to come trick or treat our house, though.  This year, she's been talking about the kids that grace the cover of my mommy magazines that are all dressed up.  She thinks it's sort of a mix and match option and asked to be Fairy Princess Pablo.  The image of a blue penguin in a crown and tutu makes me giggle.  We're going to skip the Pablo part and just do Fairy Princess.  I bought Tulle at WM and found several dirt easy instruction sites for making a tutu on the net.  I may have to go back for more tulle though. :)

V

Return to “General Talk”