We're celebrating World Card Making Day with 20% off the regular price of everything! Use code CARDS20

scrap-4-life

Cherry Bing

Would you bribe your kids?
 I seriously had to bribe my dd to get through this photo shoot I wanted to do of her.  I'm trying to 'polish' my photography skills AND she finally put on this adorable dress that I tried to get her to wear all summer!  About half way through, she was soooo 'done.'  I bribed her with icecream!!  SHameful!!!!!!!  (I got some great shots though..hee hee.)
~Julie

http://www.joverby.blogspot.com/
Spellbinders DT

Mommybruno

Cherry Cola

Re: Would you bribe your kids?
Heck, some days bribes are the only way things get done! :-D

Xander has become quite a wheeler and dealer, I'm sorry to say. He tries to negotiate everything.
Cassandra
"I tend to live in the past because most of my life is there." --Herb Caen
ImageImageImage

megamay

Cherry Cola

I bribe my kid all the time. I dont know if I have ever done it for a photo shoot, but yep, all the time. really, what other option do you have? threats or bribes right?

craftyfool

Cherry Cola

Dude...bribes are most definately my friend.  :-D I've just learned to bribe with something that they want and I'm comfortable giving.

If it's late at night...dimes work wonders...if it's earlier in the day, I use skittles.

Queen Mum

Cherry Addict

IN this case I would say that you HIRED her to model for you and the pay was the ice cream. :inlove:
Queen Mum - Grammy to Princess Bump (Lisa Giann) and Princess Bean (Gia Bella)

beachlover

Cherry Addict

Matt went through a phase where he didn't want to go to karate class so we had to bribe him with McDonald's - worked every time.  I never met a kid who didn't love McD's!

bribes are part of being a parent :winkb:
Ann ~ Life is always better at the beach!
 view my blog (new) https://ourhideawayparadise.blogspot.com/ 

deerewife

Cherry Jubilee

bribery's wrong??? Who said that???  Man, if it wasn't for bribes my kids would be living in their pjs :)
Image Image Image Image

Jenna - Mom to Emily (2/02) & Kaitlyn (2/04)

-Kami-

Sweet Cherry Pie

YES!! Especially for a photo shoot. I take my kids' pictures myself and get them printed and so in order to get the "perfect" pic I absolutely bribe them!!! LOL!!! :winkb:

MLee

Cherry Cola

I will be the devil's advocate and say no, especially with food. Stop and think about the lessons you are teaching them in the long run.

There are rewards for good behavior and punishment for bad, but bribery, especially for a photo just so I could scrap it? Not such a good idea I think. Maybe that's why I never have good photos - LOL! ;)

megamay

Cherry Cola

so what is the difference between rewarding good behavior and bribing?

I should add that whenever I think about it, I realize that I probably shouldnt be bribing my DD with food because then she will grow up to be just like me and think of food as a reward and not be able to lose weight.

Queen Mum

Cherry Addict

megamay wrote: so what is the difference between rewarding good behavior and bribing?

I should add that whenever I think about it, I realize that I probably shouldnt be bribing my DD with food because then she will grow up to be just like me and think of food as a reward and not be able to lose weight.
Bribery is setting the deal up before hand.   If you do this I'll give you that.

Rewarding good behavior would be if the kid does something good you give them a 'reward' - something they aren't expecting.   OH!  YOu did such a great job.   I'm so proud of you so here is a special treat.
Queen Mum - Grammy to Princess Bump (Lisa Giann) and Princess Bean (Gia Bella)

Sus79

Cherry Cola

YES! ;)
ImageImageImageImageImage

sarahwhithers

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Are you kidding me? If I had kids I would for sure bribe them! hahaha! Sometimes, it's all you can do to keep em still or quiet. :-D

davsar

Cherry Cola

Bribery is a daily thing at my house - I even use it on my dh!!
ImageImage

craftyfool

Cherry Cola

Ok..I understand and agree with the bribery vs reward definitions...but really...if it's starts as a bribe but doesn't get the desired results, do you still give them the...thing?  I don't.  So, in a sense, it's then a reward for the good behavior you desire.  ??right??  LOL...maybe I'm just justifying.

I DO like to occasionally surprise them when they are caught being good.  One day they did something so outstanding I went to the $1 store and got them each a toy and it was like Christmas for them.  But I try not to do it every time because I don't want them to start expecting it.

And I do try not to use food as a general rule for all the reasons stated...but sometimes it's the only thing that works.  Which is why I've resorted to skittles...1 skittle for 1 job well done...it's not huge but to my kids, it's awesome!  ;)

grifscap

Chocolate Covered Cherry

If Bribing works use it.

fong33

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Totally...visits to doctors usually warrant bribery for me.

scrap-4-life

Cherry Bing

I also reward for a job well done.  For instance, when we get done with the parent/teacher interviews, we take them out for ice cream on a 'date.'  I don't think there's anything wrong with that.  I don't offer food if they are 'hurt' to help them 'feel' better.  I totally get the danger in that! 

I have to say though, I got some amazing shots and I'm having so much fun doing one of the layouts right now.  She had come home from a friends house and had 'sparkles' all over her face.  She also had a tray of 'little girls' make-up in hand.  YIKES!!  I'm so sure she thought she was 16!!!!  So, I wasn't taking the pictures just to scrap 'em (well maybe LOL)  but I'm so glad that I captured this day.  I used to spend the big bucks going to photographers and I just want to become my own.  kwim?  I'll be posting the rest of the photos on my blog. 

~Julie

http://www.joverby.blogspot.com/
Spellbinders DT

Jeanne Marie's Scraps

Digital Designers

just wait until shes a teenager i actually have paid money to get ds to take pics

evilqueen

Chocolate Covered Cherry

scrapprincess18 wrote: just wait until shes a teenager i actually have paid money to get ds to take pics
Hey, Quincie is only 7 and I bride her with money sometimes.  It is usually $5 but then she tries to raise the bet with $20.
Here I come to save the day! Chas
I'm the crazy lizard lady
http://scrapinlizards.blogspot.com/

Return to “General Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee