We're celebrating World Card Making Day with 20% off the regular price of everything! Use code CARDS20

Mom2Bri

Chocolate Covered Cherry

We lost power
 here today after some storms blew through. It was out at work for about 2 hours. But it was out until about 6pm at the house(almost 8 hrs). When I got home dd and dh were both unhappy. They didn't have a tv to watch. AAWWW! I told dh to get dd's little portable radio to listen to the race that helped a little. Then I told dd to read a book. I took me a little nap. Later when the news was on I made dd come look where they were showing the storms and pointed out those people didn't have homes much less a tv to watch. They would be in serious trouble if they had no power for a day or two.
Teresa --"When the power of love is greater than the love of power,
the world will know peace."
http://www.acherryontop.com/i/thumbnail ... linkie.gif

Charleneanne

Cherry Delight

Re: We lost power
 that is a long time to be w/o power.  I lost mine Tuesday night for 1 hour and 10 minutes late in the evening.  After I realized it wasnt coming back on, I managed to hunt around and finally find a candle to light.  then found the camping flashlight that is also a lamp and put that on with 2-3 candles and sat quietly listening to the night noises and crocheting.  I missed my computer most.  lol 

Emsdancemom

A Cherry on Top

I am glad it is back on. I can't stand it when the power goes off. I guess I am spoiled.

beachlover

Cherry Addict

that sure was a long time to be without power, I'd go nuts!  fortunately the last couple times we lost it, it was during the night when I was already sleeping ;)
Ann ~ Life is always better at the beach!
 view my blog (new) https://ourhideawayparadise.blogspot.com/ 

Cherry Blossom

comical.  I read your post and got visions of my dh doing the same thing.  maybe a guy thing?  great you got in a little nap.  I haven't gone to bed yet and I just may need one of those soon.  Happy Monday!

Cimorosete

Chocolate Covered Cherry

What would our kids do today without power? I thought your idea of reading a book was great and having dh listen to the race was awesome. Us women are GREAT Thinkers!!! Glad you have power again.
((¸¸.·´*~Treasa·´*¨¨))
May LOs-
My Blog

ImageImageImageImage

gonecamping

Cherry Garcia

I don't really mind losing power as long as its during daylight hours, once it gets dark I hate it! But we get out the candles and we play games by candle light..Before we moved we had a fireplace and we lost power anytime there was a big storm. We would light the fireplace and roast marshmallows and hot dogs. THe kids loved it. We don't lose power alot here, maybe because our power lines are underground??? Lived here 3 years and lost power once and that was when a car hit a main transformer..
***Tanya***

JeanellePaige

Digital Designers

We lose power all the time out here in the woods. Last night it kept going on and off and on and off. Woke the kids and me up.
That was a very good thing to show your daughter on the news. Hopefully it made her appreciate what she has. Good job mom!! :)
Jeanelle Paige
My Blog ~ Lots of cool stuff there!!
My Shoppe ~ Always Sales!

Return to “General Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee