Did anyone watch Oprah yesterday (on cheating)?

Moderator: ACOT Employee

FurBaby_Mom
Wild Cherry
Gallery: 444

Did anyone watch Oprah yesterday (on cheating)?

Post by FurBaby_Mom »

Yesterday's Oprah was about "Why men cheat" or something like that.  I didn't watch it but I saw her say that the statistics are "1 in 3 men will cheat and most of their wives will never know." 
 Do you think those statistics are correct?  That seems incredibly high.  Matt doesn't believe that number and was wondering who took a poll like that.
Amy
"hoarder of supplies"
scrappinchic
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 149

Re: Did anyone watch Oprah yesterday (on cheating)?

Post by scrappinchic »

I do now.
I'm not late
Everyone else is way too on time.
0/3 for February
baltoscrapper
Bowl Full of Cherries
Gallery: 358

Post by baltoscrapper »

As I get older and have been married longer, a few married friends have already strayed. I don't think it's anywhere near 1 in 3, but who knows? Like they said, most wives don't ever find out.  I know Ken better not ever cheat or he'll be missing some boy parts!!!
I used to be a "celebrity cherry", but now I'm in re-hab...... Holy Carp!
No1Mommy
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 21

Post by No1Mommy »

yes... I saw part of the show and that was part of it that I saw.... I also thought that the statisics were unusally high as well as I would think that most women would find out.  Wouldn't you?  or di I just naturally have a suspicious mind?!?! lol
FurBaby_Mom
Wild Cherry
Gallery: 444

Post by FurBaby_Mom »

Okay, statistics aside....can you imagine APPEARING on the show after you've cheated or been cheated on?  No way. 
Amy
"hoarder of supplies"
ImCanadian
Sweet Cherry Pie
Gallery: 1

Post by ImCanadian »

I believe it. I wonder why they do these statistics on men, wonder what the reverse ratio is?
grifscap
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 109

Post by grifscap »

No wonder the half of all marriages end .
MOM2SNOX
A Cherry on Top
Gallery: 139

Post by MOM2SNOX »

I can believe those statistics... I would venture to say in the military it's even higher, like maybe every other couple cheats or is cheated on.  I saw the proof in my STD clinic. Sad, but true.
lilkoala3
Bowl Full of Cherries
Gallery: 803

Post by lilkoala3 »

One third?!  That statistic seems really low to me...  I mean, I've cheated on every boyfriend I've ever had, and there's no way my trampiness is going to decline ANYtime soon.  That's one of the reasons I can't see myself getting married.  I can't imagine sleeping with one guy the rest of my life.
Leslie
LoveMyBella
Product Promotions
Gallery: 437

Post by LoveMyBella »

LOL...note to self, don't let Leslie date my brothers.

Oprah.  Ick.  I used to love Oprah.  I used to RUN the 1/4 home from the bus to get the TV first so I could watch Oprah.  If my sister got there first, I'd end up watching that ridiculous Darkwing Duck.  She was good then. 

Now, she's just trying to promote herself, her beliefs, and her adgenda.  And DANG! I saw snippets of the cheating one (I watch Dr. Phil and I catch bits of the beginning of her show after) and she looks REALLY tired this year.  Some serious bags creepin' under those eyes.

katarria
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 457

Post by katarria »

One of my good friends cheated on her husband in a full-out affair/relationship over the summer.  Sad.  I'm sure it happens more than a lot of us would suspect!!
~Kathy
{hopelessly addicted}

Filling my basket with all of the new goodies :)

butterfly843
A Cherry on Top
Gallery: 874

Post by butterfly843 »

That number does seem high to me. Missed the show today, haven't been watching Oprah as much anymore.
naney1952
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 8

Post by naney1952 »

Caught part of the show....I'd say 1 out of 3 is probably conservative. I believe a lot of women never know or just chose to not see it! It's usually the woman who doesn't want the family unit to be torn apart. As a single female I've known several cheating males and what they usually do is not tell the new partner that they have a wife or significant other until  after there is a bond. Men are just made up differently than women that's the only way I know to explain it. I don't want to just beat up on the men here....women, too, do their share of cheating! 
Jane ImageImage Image
LOYAL COLTS FAN
4peasinourpod
Wild Cherry
Gallery: 816

Post by 4peasinourpod »

I seriously think that the statistics are higher than that.
~pam~
Renee
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 353

Post by Renee »

I watched the Oprah show yesterday. It was pretty interesting...It was interesting how they made it out to sound like "men stray because they're lonely because their wives don't listen to them, women don't pay enough attention to their husbands, women don't initiate sex as often..."
I think those statistics are right on!
And, no, I can't imagine being on the Oprah show with my husband if he cheated on me.
girlsmommy
Cherry Bomb
Gallery: 172

Post by girlsmommy »

I think it's true!!!
Stacie

Image Image Image Be who you are, not who you think you should be.
nun69
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 1549

Post by nun69 »

MOM2SNOX wrote: I can believe those statistics... I would venture to say in the military it's even higher, like maybe every other couple cheats or is cheated on.  I saw the proof in my STD clinic. Sad, but true.
AMEN sistah!!!!!
Image~Angie~
DaisyLou
Sweet Cherry Pie
Gallery: 202

Post by DaisyLou »

My dh says he thinks it's higher... that makes me feel great :?
JustJessa
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 217

Post by JustJessa »

LoveMyBella wrote: LOL...note to self, don't let Leslie date my brothers.

Oprah.  Ick.  I used to love Oprah.  I used to RUN the 1/4 home from the bus to get the TV first so I could watch Oprah.  If my sister got there first, I'd end up watching that ridiculous Darkwing Duck.  She was good then. 
LoveMyBella wrote:Now, she's just trying to promote herself, her beliefs, and her adgenda.  And DANG! I saw snippets of the cheating one (I watch Dr. Phil and I catch bits of the beginning of her show after) and she looks REALLY tired this year.  Some serious bags creepin' under those eyes.

I loved Darkwing Duck!!!!
Proudly Creating For:
Sherri Tierney, Amanda Carlson, Erin's Dreams,
Kristi W, LauraMarie Scraps, Pick a Paper, A Moment In Scrap Site CT
Kari Q Designs, Kris Myers Designs, Pretty Scrappy Site CT
Also Belong to Pretty Scrappy QP Team, and Praise Team
No1Mommy
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 21

Post by No1Mommy »

Wow..these replies make me feel like I must live under a rock!  lol

My first husband had multiple affairs on me and we were just newlyweds!  However, I believed it was just a real problem for him....I mean...he feels the need to have multiple affairs all the time.  He did the same with his second wife...third wife..and all the "live ins" in between.

My husband now..I can not imagine him cheating on me.....but maybe I need to get my head out of the sand, eh??

Return to “General Talk”