Save at least 20% on all Fall and Halloween products, no promo code needed! Shop Now

RitaS

Cherry Bing

Die Cuts or CutOuts???
 So what do you think of this, should it be the new trend in mfr. offering.  I was in the LSS at a crop last night and saw this gorgeous line:
http://www.acherryontop.com/company/bo_ ... tiful_life

(Turns out the artist who designed these papers is right here in Madison, WI!)

I had to get some of this gorgeous stuff. The "die-cut" sheets were priced at only 1.09 - inexpensive for die cuts. When I looked at a sheet I felt no perforations - not really a die cut. The product description tab calls it a "cut out" - as in the customer gets out their scissors or knife and cuts it out themselves.  What do you think of that? Cost is less, but requires more of your time.

Personally I have great tools to cut out such things, but I wonder about the average SBer. The store owner said she loves it because diecuts are always falling apart on the shelves and they end up taping things back together. I can see her point.  Thoughts on this? It may be a new trend as mfrs. try to appease the frustrated store owners with the die cut mess. :bluewinkb:
Rita S

Life is about second chances. There would be no hope if God didn't give us another.

naney1952

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Re: Die Cuts or CutOuts???
I do like the diecuts....they save time but I am not opposed to using the cutouts.....I can see wherwe they would be easier to store without losing pieces. 
Jane ImageImage Image
LOYAL COLTS FAN

milmomma

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Personally I pay for the Die Cuts. If I wanted cut outs I have a die cutter and I can paper piece. I've boughten CutOuts once as a mistake and wow I was not happy. I love my scissors and exacto knife but have bad arthrutis. I just can't handle that anymmore.

4peasinourpod

Wild Cherry

I'd rather have the die cuts, but maybe packaged different...When I get a sheet,I punch them all out and put them in a baggie.

I can't even imagine cutting out some of the intricate Basic Grey or Cosmo Cricket ones :?
~pam~

Queen Mum

Cherry Addict

I tend to cut things out of patterned paper so cutting doesn't bother me.
Queen Mum - Grammy to Princess Bump (Lisa Giann) and Princess Bean (Gia Bella)

megamay

Cherry Cola

I cut things out of patterned paper, but I really hate it, so yeah I would pay for die cuts just to save time and reduce pain on my wrists.

I already do plenty of hand cutting.

scraptag

Cherry Cola

I think it just depends on your style and how creative you want to get.  I can see why you might want to cut out of patterned paper, and I like the low cost solution to cut-outs!  But sometimes a die cut just looks better. 

arred

Cherry Tart

I tend to cut the patterns out of my pp anyways so it'd be no biggie for me. :-D

PezKat

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Well, I would call it an old trend, not a new one!  Cut-outs were around and popular for years; I specifically think of all the Hot Off the Press books/papers and another line with a bunch of teddy bears & such that I can't think of, and Ivy Cottage... etc.  I don't expect the trend to swing totally back that direction because time is such an issue, but they're definitely more economical.
Image Image

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee