Hi from LI

A place for new members to introduce themselves and ask questions about the Message Board, the Gallery and getting around ACOT.

Moderator: ACOT Employee

pawprints
A Cherry on Top
Gallery: 1057

Hi from LI

Post by pawprints »

Hi! My name is Barb and I have been an avid ACOT shopper for quite some time. I recently started lurking on the boards and looking at all of your wonderful creations in the gallery.  Although I am new to the boards and haven't posted anything or submitted any of my creations, I am no stranger to the "Add to Cart" or "Place Order" buttons. If ACOT had a monthly contest on how often *those* buttons were clicked, I would do quite well LOL! I'm really much more of a lurker and not much of a participant, but I finally decided I should introduce myself and say "hello" and maybe submit something to the gallery or enter a challenge or contest.

I have been into all things creative since forever. My fav memories of kindergarden (which was a *long* time ago) are of big easels and tempera paints and drawing, cutting and pasting. As a kid, if you gave me scissors and a pack of colored paper I was thrilled. Even back in HS I was thrilled to be in charge of making a scrapbook for the one club that I decided to join.

I am married 33 years to my wonderful DH who is okay with me constantly under some pile of paper or stickers and my endless collection of paper punches. I have 2 children, a DS (27 this month) and a DD (25), and I have a DGD due any minute! I also love dogs and have a black lab that will be 8 this month. I am the one in the family that is always behind the camera and have a tremendous collection of pictures. In 1998 I  abandoned my film camera for digital. I am a graphic designer and was doing page layout and ad layout long before it was done by computer. When our industry started to go into the digital world, I taught myself page layout on the computer and then taught it to everyone else at our place. I'm in love with my Mac and I guess you can call me one of those Mac Heads LOL.

Back when my kids were young I was keeping albums of all the hundreds of photos I had taken of them and hand lettering the text, then graduated to printing the text out from the computer. And yes, I'm a font fanatic too. I really starting getting crazy into scrapbooking after we lost our beautiful yellow lab 5 years ago. When I could bring myself to even look at his pictures, I went into Photoshop and did a digi collage of his pics from puppyhood through his life with journalling. After that, I decided I wanted to redo his puppy album into a scrapbook and then add on from there. Well, that is when it all broke loose for me. I discovered all the wonderful dog embellishments and papers that were suddenly available and it was like a whole new world opened up. Then I discovered ACOT and became so addicted. When I first saw brads I was like so what, and now I can't tell you all the brads I have in my stash! I used to love rubber stamping years ago and then stopped when there were so many new brands and types of stickers on the market, and now my latest craze is I can't seem to stop buying clear stamps. I can't believe how much the craft world has changed and now I have plans in my head for all these other albums I want to do. I wish there was so much more time in the day to just sit down and scrap. And now my DD is expecting so I have added a bazillion baby items to my stash. I get so excited whenever one of my packages arrives. I'm like a little kid. I told my DH the other day that if all this stuff where available back when I was a kid, I probably never would have gone to school LOL!  :)

So that is a little about me. I guess you could call me a hybrid scrapper, because I use my computer to do all of my photos and also some of my text. I could easily be a digi scrapper, but I really have the need to cut and punch and paste and add bling and embellies to my LOs. From lurking the boards I have gotten some great advice from you girls, one being that I don't have to scrap in chrono order. If I have a great pic and an idea in my head, why not just scrap it now. Pages can always be moved and others inserted! Thanks so much for the insight, and for sharing all of your wonderful creations.

Barb

Image Image Image

fong33
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 204

Re: Hi from LI

Post by fong33 »

Welcome, what a nice intro to yourself.  You'll have a great time with the ladies on these boards.
beachlover
Cherry Addict
Gallery: 1754

Post by beachlover »

Welcome Barb :-D  I really can't wait to see some of your work, it sounds amazing!! :winkb:
Ann ~ Life is always better at the beach!
 view my blog (new) https://ourhideawayparadise.blogspot.com/ 

ScrapGoo
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 561

Post by ScrapGoo »

EXCELLENT intro, Barb!!  Welcome to the board!  You definitely should stick around... not that it sounds like you need to be enabled to shop but just wait till you start seeing everything that is posted around here.  :winkb:  I know what you mean about obsessively collecting supplies!! 
SarahA
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 358

Post by SarahA »

Hi Barb! Glad you decided to introduce yourself. Just jump right in here- everyone here is super nice! Can't wait to see your layouts!
SBcrazee
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 28

Post by SBcrazee »

Hi Barb, glad to have you here.
ImageImage
naney1952
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 8

Post by naney1952 »

Welcome Barb! I'm sure you will enjoy the challenges and games here! 
Jane ImageImage Image
LOYAL COLTS FAN
Jeanne Marie's Scraps
Digital Designers
Gallery: 433

Post by Jeanne Marie's Scraps »

welcome we are so glad to have you!
rnmom247
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 15

Post by rnmom247 »

Hi Barb
What a great intro to yourself.  While I was reading it, you reminded me of me.  I re-introduced myself today and have also been lurking around the board and getting great advice but shopping has been what I have done most.  Can't wait to see some of your layouts, I bet they will be awesome.  Welcome and I hope you stick around, I bet we could learn a lot from you too!
Pam ImageImage
-Shannon-
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 148

Post by -Shannon- »

Welcome!! And congrats to you soon becoming a grandma!
- Shannon

I have an everyday religion that works for me. Love yourself first, and everything else falls into line.
-Lucille Ball

Cimorosete
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 233

Post by Cimorosete »

Hi and Imageto ACOT!!!
((¸¸.·´*~Treasa·´*¨¨))
May LOs-
My Blog

ImageImageImageImage
zanettac
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 155

Post by zanettac »

Welcome to the board!

Carol
Wheeliegirl
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 131

Post by Wheeliegirl »

Welcome Barb!
ImageImageImageImage
-Donna-
Flapdoodle
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 3

Post by Flapdoodle »

Hiya, Barb! Image
ImageIf life gives you lemons, go find an annoying person with paper cuts.
katarria
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 457

Post by katarria »

Hi Barb - nice to meet you!!  Thanks for the awesome intro - can't wait to see some of your work :)
~Kathy
{hopelessly addicted}

Filling my basket with all of the new goodies :)

Kara
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 69

Post by Kara »

thanks for the intro!!! glad to have you
Image \ ImageImage
koala1966
Cherry Delight
Gallery: 2526

Post by koala1966 »

Welcome, I'm glad you came out of lurkdom.
cat1393
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 221

Post by cat1393 »

From one LI'er to another! Welcome :-D

Christine
montana_girl
Cherry Bomb
Gallery: 280

Post by montana_girl »