Pegster

Sweet Cherry Pie

Re: SEPTEMBER 2008 Creative Team CHALLENGES
 Awesome challenges!!
Peggy

SarahA

Chocolate Covered Cherry

These are awesome! Can't wait to get started!

j_ess

Sweet Cherry Pie

Great challenges! I can't wait to get started!!
...a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest
act of caring, ALL... have the potential to turn a life around.-Leo Buscaglia

Beth-W

Featured Guest Coordinator

Great challenges everyone!!!  Thanks for putting it together, Egle!
~Beth
"Make it bigger, make it badder, make it awesome" -Duff Goldman
"They need a hero to tell them that sometimes the impossible can become possible, if you're AWESOME!" -Rhino

http://latteonthebrain.blogspot.com/

ImageImage

Rici76

Sweet Cherry Pie

YEAH! I am so excited about these challenges for September. My children are off to school, I am home alone.....FREEDOM!! Here I come!

Sharice

suslvgeo

Cherry Addict

Themom wrote: These are terrific and well worth waiting on today. Thank you!!

Sus, so that I understand the new challenge, we are to use the one element that you have chosen from the layout, in this instance the tied ribbon. We are not to choose our own element from the page but must use the element you have selected. Is that correct?

Good question!! No, you pick ANY element from the example layout you want!! It can be the tied ribbon, or the colors, or the grouped flowers etc. You just need to list which element you used. Does that help? :)
SUS ImageImageImage

megamay

Cherry Cola

QUESTION

if the challenge says 'create a layout' but the category in the gallery is labeled "any submission", can we submit an altered item for the challenge?

Laura Fiore

Wild Cherry

megamay wrote: QUESTION

if the challenge says 'create a layout' but the category in the gallery is labeled "any submission", can we submit an altered item for the challenge?
Yes Meg--I believe you can. Any submission will let you put it into the challenge gallery, so I don't see why you couldn't to an altered item to fit the criteria!

anazelia

Cherry Cola

These challenges rock.  Love them. 

megamay

Cherry Cola

thanks! I just finished a mini album that fits the 'mix it up' perfectly - there is a ton of different stuff all mixed together. I have always wondered that, but never asked, now I know.

DolphinSoul

Wild Cherry

These are great challenges!! I can really see accomplishing some of these!!!!!
~ Carissa ~

MLee

Cherry Cola

Oh wow - that did answer my question and opens up a lot of possibilities too! Thank you and what a super challenge! :-D

oufti

Cherry Tart

Wow!! some of them are really great!! can't wait!!

MamaK321

Cherry Addict

megamay wrote: QUESTION

Yes, these challenges are mainly for fun, we wanna see you get scrapping, no mater what it is you create! thanks for asking. :)  we set the gallery to Any Submissions to allow both digi and paper layouts, but that can also include altered items and cards.
Image Image

4peasinourpod

Wild Cherry

I actually LOVE when my manufacturer challenge is done as an altered project!
~pam~

quilt118

Cherry Blossom

I'm very new here and would like to try one or two of the challenges this month.  My question is, are there general rules anywhere concerning them?  I guess to be specific, I am very dependent on sketches.  Can you base your submission on a sketch, giving proper credit of course?  And where do I find guidelines to upload photos or scans?  TIA  Linda in PA

scrap_n_angel

Cherry Blossom

Well, I'm pretty new myself, but the challenges are mainly a guideline. I find it super easy to upload, either you can scan or take a photo of it like I do, and then I just "submit to gallery" and it does the resizing for you. It'll give you the option to add in techniques, challenge, products used, and manufacturer, so that is probably up to you if you want to include all that. When you upload it, be sure to mark the correct challenge. Whether you want to put it hear or not is optional, from what I've seen.

I've had a blast with the Sept challenges already. These challenges really keep me going.

I completed the sketch challenge,
http://www.acherryontop.com/i/gallery2/125824-490.jpg

The manufacture challenge
http://www.acherryontop.com/i/gallery2/125891-490.jpg

The multiple photo challenge
http://www.acherryontop.com/i/gallery2/125893-490.jpg

Not bad, one each day. I hope I can keep this up.
Angelina

Bi-Scraptual. I do it both ways, paper and digital.

Come and scrap with me in my studio
Confessions of a Scrap Addict

MLee

Cherry Cola

You can definitely use a sketch if needed for the challenges. Just be sure to give credit to the sketch artist.

:-D

-Tracy-

Wild Cherry

quilt118 wrote:I'm very new here and would like to try one or two of the challenges this month.  My question is, are there general rules anywhere concerning them?  I guess to be specific, I am very dependent on sketches.  Can you base your submission on a sketch, giving proper credit of course?  And where do I find guidelines to upload photos or scans?  TIA  Linda in PA

For challenges you can absolutely use sketches!! It is the contests that must be totally original submissions.

If you have a specific question, just post it here and we'll do our best to answer it for you. But most important is to have FUN!!

Welcome to ACOT!! :inlove:
On a molecular level, I'm very busy.

MLee

Cherry Cola

Is there a gallery for the Color Wheel Challenge?

I see the Color Challenge Challenge but not one for the Color Wheel. Am I just over looking it?

Return to “Contests & Challenges”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee