I'm dissapointed

Moderator: ACOT Employee

evilqueen
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 555

I'm dissapointed

Post by evilqueen »

in the glitter thickers.  I really don't like them very much.  I have a hard time getting them off the sheet.  Either the chipboard breaks in half and I have to glue the letter on or the protective sheet gets stuck on the back and I have to gently pull that off.  And the letters don't even stick to the page, I did a layout before and when I picked up the paper, the letters came off.  So I had to glue them on.

Anybody else have problems with this or is it just me because I am polish.
Here I come to save the day! Chas
I'm the crazy lizard lady
http://scrapinlizards.blogspot.com/

mommy2bean
Cherry Garcia
Gallery: 144

Re: I'm dissapointed

Post by mommy2bean »

I haven't used my glitter thickers yet, but the exact thing happened when I used the crushed velvet thickers.
bluejeans7
Bowl Full of Cherries
Gallery: 571

Post by bluejeans7 »

I don't have any of the glitter Thickers but I also had problems with the velvet ones.  I even had problems with the vinyl ones that I used on my last layout.  The only ones I've never had problems with are the foam Thickers.
evilqueen
Chocolate Covered Cherry

Post by evilqueen »

I had problems with one package of vinyl.  It seems like the sticky stays behind.  I have not had a problem with the foam or the felt ones. 

Note to self:  Only buy thickers that start with the letter "F"

AnnOminous
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 211

Post by AnnOminous »

Yep.  I had that problem when doing these layouts.  I think I bought the Thickers in February.

If I am remembering correctly the purple ones were worse than the black ones.  I think you can kinda see the backing in the first H.
suslvgeo
Cherry Addict
Gallery: 517

Post by suslvgeo »

me too...but I love the way they look.

the new chit chat puffy ones are AWESOME! I have used them on two different layouts and they worked great. They smell a bit but they work great. LOL
SUS ImageImageImage
evilqueen
Chocolate Covered Cherry

Post by evilqueen »

suslvgeo wrote: me too...but I love the way they look.

the new chit chat puffy ones are AWESOME! I have used them on two different layouts and they worked great. They smell a bit but they work great. LOL
I have these rub-on that smell so bad.  It is probaly the Chinese putting toxic chemicals in the products to try and kill us.  LOL

SarahA
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 358

Post by SarahA »

I agree, the only Thickers I've actually had stay put are the foam ones. I've used the chipboard & vinyl ones & had to glue them on. I wondered if it was just me- guess not!
I agree, they do have a smell to them- I think you could get high off that stuff!
suslvgeo
Cherry Addict
Gallery: 517

Post by suslvgeo »

oh gawd don't say that! LOL

They are plastic, so they smell a bit. But once I figured out they did, I opened all three packs of mine and let them sit outside a bit then put them back in the package and they are much better. LOL
SUS ImageImageImage
craftyfool
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 247

Post by craftyfool »

evilqueen wrote: 
Anybody else have problems with this or is it just me because I am polish.
I haven't tried the glitter ones but I just have to giggle at this.

MUST be because you're polish... :-D
evilqueen
Chocolate Covered Cherry

Post by evilqueen »

I'm glad someone got a giggle out of that. 

What we need to do is make up a  polish joke about glitter thickers.

MOM2SNOX
A Cherry on Top
Gallery: 139

Post by MOM2SNOX »

evilqueen wrote:Anybody else have problems with this or is it just me because I am polish.
   Hahahahahahaha! Reading this post silently to myself while talking to a client and then come to this line... ! I snorted into the phone.  My client said, "Bless you." Thanks Chas!
evilqueen
Chocolate Covered Cherry

Post by evilqueen »

MOM2SNOX wrote:
evilqueen wrote:Anybody else have problems with this or is it just me because I am polish.
   Hahahahahahaha! Reading this post silently to myself while talking to a client and then come to this line... ! I snorted into the phone.  My client said, "Bless you." Thanks Chas!

I'm sooooo glad I make you laugh and believe me you need to be blessed.

MOM2SNOX
A Cherry on Top
Gallery: 139

Post by MOM2SNOX »

evilqueen wrote:
MOM2SNOX wrote:

I'm sooooo glad I make you laugh and believe me you need to be blessed.
     Blessed isn't exactly the only thing I need... Image
bellaconsmom
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 237

Post by bellaconsmom »

suslvgeo wrote:They are plastic, so they smell a bit. But once I figured out they did, I opened all three packs of mine and let them sit outside a bit then put them back in the package and they are much better. LOL
Thanks for the tip, Sus!  I have some of the chit- chat, too, and haven't opened them yet.

I had some foam stickers that wouldn't stick.  I had to glue them down.  Iemailed American Crafts about it, and they were nice enough to send me a new pack!

evilqueen
Chocolate Covered Cherry

Post by evilqueen »

bellaconsmom wrote:
suslvgeo wrote:They are plastic, so they smell a bit. But once I figured out they did, I opened all three packs of mine and let them sit outside a bit then put them back in the package and they are much better. LOL
Thanks for the tip, Sus!  I have some of the chit- chat, too, and haven't opened them yet.

I had some foam stickers that wouldn't stick.  I had to glue them down.  Iemailed American Crafts about it, and they were nice enough to send me a new pack!

Guess what I just did, I sent them an email and told them how disappointed I am in with there product.  Maybe I'll get something out of it. 

beachlover
Cherry Addict
Gallery: 1760

Post by beachlover »

I used a ToN of thickers last weekend when I did my amp it up challenge (waas that 5 or 6?)  Anyway, the glitter ones worked fine.  But, the vinyl ones don't adhere very well, if you are not careful they slide off the LO.  And I swear, I got high!  First time in, well....  its been a while.  The vinlyl ones really stink, like sniffing a permanent marker, really strong.  I thought it was just the one package, but when I opened the second, same thing!  Whew...  The rest of the day went by in a blur.  But, I remember getting the munchiies (lol).  But, I still adore the thickers and will keep buying them! 
Ann ~ Life is always better at the beach!
 view my blog (new) https://ourhideawayparadise.blogspot.com/ 

zanettac
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 155

Post by zanettac »

I have trouble with my foam thickers.  They won't stick either..just added more adhesive...but its still a pain!

Carol
emarie803
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 691

Post by emarie803 »

I've never had a problem, but then, I haven't used as many Thickers as a lot of you I'm guessing. Hope AC will fix this problem cuz I love Thickers!
SarahA
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 358

Post by SarahA »

I am sooooo sending them an e-mail now! :-D

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”