Do you post

Moderator: ACOT Employee

jenniwren32
Cherry Blossom
Gallery: 309

Re: Do you post

Post by jenniwren32 »

Most of the time I do post all of my work!
wirsmom
Cherry Picker
Gallery: 124

Post by wirsmom »

Once I got a scanner (about 17 months ago), I started posting everything I made (just the new stuff - nothing old).  But lately I've been feeling like the joy has gone out of my scrapping because I feel under pressure to make "perfect" layouts to post.  I've been thinking a lot about why I scrap.  I don't want to scrap just to make things that I think are "worthy" of the gallery - I want to make things for my family to appreciate (they're wild about just about anything I do, good or mediocre - you know how guys are).  I think that for ME, I need to not have the pressure of worrying about what other scrappers think about what I create.  I think that in the future I will be posting less and just commenting on layouts and participating on the message board.  
-Tracy
Janshotgun
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 88

Post by Janshotgun »

Wirsmom,  I agree completely.  I haven't scrapped since my Dad died in March and I think with the pressure off of being judged, I may just start scrapping again.  I have so many things I want to scrap but can't seem to get motivated.  I took a class at Archivers - an acrylic album and will be taking another one this Thursday on making acrylic cards.  I'm hoping that gives me the incentive to start doing other projects.
I'm tired of buying more and more supplies and not using them.....
Jan - trying to find my way

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Mom4scrappin
Sweet Cherry Pie
Gallery: 63

Post by Mom4scrappin »

Most of mine are waiting for albums. I generally only post when participating in a crop
Mom4scrappin
genggay
Cherry Blossom
Gallery: 93

Post by genggay »

i like your insights wirsmom...

i do not post all of my layouts...only if i have a layout to post for a challenge and i finished another layout alongside, i take a picture of both layouts and post...but generally, i take a picture only of layouts i post for challenges...
Judes
Chocolate Covered Cherry

Post by Judes »

Shannon:

You asked why I don't post my layouts.  Inspiring and aweing you ladies is not at the top of my priority list.  Sorry.  I'd rather get my albums done.  There is only so much time in the day.

Judes
[font=Arial:ohrhf522]Pages completed in 2010: 179
Pages completed in 2011: 121
An ideologue knows he's right. A person of faith knows only that he doesn't know. ----Walter Gustafson, Everett. From Seattle Times, Letters to the Editor, 26 Mar 2007.[/font:ohrhf522][/size:ohrhf522][/font]
beachlover
Cherry Addict
Gallery: 1760

Post by beachlover »

sadly, yes.  So now you all know how little I have accomplished! :(
Ann ~ Life is always better at the beach!
 view my blog (new) https://ourhideawayparadise.blogspot.com/ 

Queen Mum
Cherry Addict
Gallery: 185

Post by Queen Mum »

I don't post any because I have dialup. 
Queen Mum - Grammy to Princess Bump (Lisa Giann) and Princess Bean (Gia Bella)
DN in MN
Wild Cherry
Gallery: 447

Post by DN in MN »

no...
2024 Layout goal ~ 14/100      2024 Word ~ FOCUS

-Shannon-
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 148

Post by -Shannon- »

Judes wrote: Shannon:

You asked why I don't post my layouts.  Inspiring and aweing you ladies is not at the top of my priority list.  Sorry.  I'd rather get my albums done.  There is only so much time in the day.

Judes
:grayconfused:
- Shannon

I have an everyday religion that works for me. Love yourself first, and everything else falls into line.
-Lucille Ball

lilkoala3
Bowl Full of Cherries
Gallery: 856

Post by lilkoala3 »

-Shannon- wrote:
Judes wrote: Shannon:

Judes
:grayconfused:
Boy oh boy, she told you, didn't she!  Hehehehehehe...  :?
Leslie

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”