Tell me something fab about where you live

judybob1
Cherry Berry
Gallery: 23

Post by judybob1 »

Well, it's a beautiful place, but most importantly, it's HOME!!!  :)
Midge
Cherry Cropper
Gallery: 213

Post by Midge »

Vancouver is close to everything. Mountains, beach, a big city, the country...It has something for every one.
Nicklescraps
Cherry Blossom
Gallery: 3

Post by Nicklescraps »

Well,  were I live it was flooded for Hurricane Katrina & Rita.  I live 40 Minutes from New Orleans.  Houma has some beautiful Plantation Home's and several Craft Shows each year.  I have a College 15 Minutes from me - Nicholls State University and LSU is not far either.  Oh, We fish and eat a lot of Crawfish here! Oh Brad Pitt bought a Plantation Home in Raceland, LA which is about 10 mintues from me.  
gluestick
Cherry Blossom
Gallery: 68

Post by gluestick »

Population:1,430
Registered Voters: 907I think that says enough. There is nothing here. But i like it.
lewisbaby
Sweet Cherry Pie
Gallery: 233

Post by lewisbaby »

The best part about Oklahoma City is that it's super cheap to live here.  LOL. 
Mommy_time1999
Cherry Tart
Gallery: 3

Post by Mommy_time1999 »

Here we live in the Blueberry capital of the world....Plus I love that in our county you are required to own 5 or more acres.
madeline515
Cherry Blossom
Gallery: 2

Post by madeline515 »

I live in the heart of cajun country.  What's not to love, we have festivals, great food, very friendly people and  Mardi Gras.
Emsdancemom
A Cherry on Top
Gallery: 223

Post by Emsdancemom »

I live in the mountains of Southwest Virginia. The natural beauty of the land in remarkable. We are the home of basball great Billy Wagner. I couldn't imagine living anywhere else.
Aimeeee
Cherry Blossom
Gallery: 17

Post by Aimeeee »

Let's see . . .Hammonton, NJWe are the blueberry capital of the world!We have the highest concentration of Italians in any US town (except for my family!!)We are 40 minutes from Atlantic City to the East, 40 minutes to Philadelphia, PA to the west, and about 3 hours to New York City. We have the BEST beaches on the east coast!! 
Bunnee
Cherry Blossom
Gallery: 13

Post by Bunnee »

I live in the town of the UTEP Miners (University of Texas at EL Paso). The movie "Glory Road" (about Don Haskins & him being the 1st basketball coach to let blacks play) was filmed here. My city is also mentioned in quite a few movies...being a border town & all.We also have roadrunners that run where ever they please!
^Bunnee~ http://www.freewebs.com/bunnee5/index.htm
Momma to 5 wild & beautiful kids Bryce, Kayla, Spencer, Laicey & Dallin
kcatt79
Sweet Cherry Pie
Gallery: 276

Post by kcatt79 »

Sidney, NE is the hometown of Cabelas! For those that dont know, its an outdoor sportsman store. We have corporate here in our town, and people take vacations to come here, to our town of 6,000,  just to go to the store here in town.
pjw
A Cherry on Top
Gallery: 376

Post by pjw »

the Jockey Lot,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Alissa103
Cherry Berry
Gallery: 33

Post by Alissa103 »

Memphis is home to Elvis (Graceland is here & Elvis is buried there)! I don't actually live in Memphis, but close enough ;)
jacksgrma
Cherry Blossom
Gallery: 1

Post by jacksgrma »

I just moved away from but still have a house in the town ACOT is in, so I don't have to pay shipping I can just go to the warehouse and pick up my order. Where I live now is near Detroit, nothing to brag about there.
Kathy(in MI)
Northern Brat
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 253

Post by Northern Brat »

I live in Thompson Manitoba Canada.  It's a mining town..home of INCO. It's a small city (3 largest in Manitoba) in the middle of the bush!  I live 8 hours north of Winnipeg, and 8 hours south of Churchill...where the polar bears live! My winters are long, but the summers are beautiful!  (Daylight is here until 11 pm -12 am) The landscape is trees, rocks and lots of lakes!!!
scrappinaway2day
Cherry Tart
Gallery: 1

Post by scrappinaway2day »

OSU is near here.  I am not a big fan, but the rest of EVERYONE else that lives around here is!! Really, in my town there is an awesome rec center!! 
Alicia
69 pages done, 181 to my goal of 250 this year!!
VAScrapper
Sweet Cherry Pie
Gallery: 99

Post by VAScrapper »

I live in Seaford, Virginia.  Which is on the east coast.  I can see the Chesapeake Bay from my bedroom window.  Historic Yorktown is 5 miles North and Williamsburg is 15 miles West.  Va. Beach is about 1/2 hour East of me.  I have lived here all my life and it only takes 3 hours to go from the beach to the mountains.
Crazy_canookie
Cherry Blossom
Gallery: 8

Post by Crazy_canookie »

Ok let me think. We live in a small tourist town. We have had quite a few companies come into town to film movies. Fergus and Elora are quite known for some of the movies such as "American Christmas Carol" and a couple of others I forgot at the moment lol......but the way the stores look brings in alot of tourist. Its great to see.
SBcrazee
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 28

Post by SBcrazee »

The house in the movie ET is in my home town. Patrick Swayzee had a ranch in our neighborhood, I'm close to the Kodak Theater, Hollywood, Beverly Hills & all the Burbank studios.
ImageImage
scrappitydee
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 53

Post by scrappitydee »

The capital building in Austin, Texas is bigger than the national capital building. That, and we have Leslie. :)
DaLynn - homeschooling 3 boys ages 12, 8, and 7
breastfeeding and cloth diapering boy/girl year-old twins
loving my hubby Bill, and my Jesus as Lord
and scrapping it all... in my spare time. ;)

Return to “Winter Crop 2008”