Tell me something fab about where you live

Laura Fiore
Wild Cherry
Gallery: 1270

Post by Laura Fiore »

It doesn't stink anymore like it did when the Sugar Factory was here! We didn't get the name Manstinka for nothin'! Fabulous? Manteca means lard in Spanish...it is so named because of a misspelling in our city founders papers...apparently there was no spell check back then! Our town is still relatively small, but we are in the process of beautifying our downtown with lots of cool murals!
jmo95
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 964

Post by jmo95 »

We are the hometown of Dean Martin!
Joy
Cherry Garcia
Gallery: 209

Post by Joy »

Natural Hot Springs..so cool to feel!
isterq
Cherry Blossom
Gallery: 2

Post by isterq »

I live in New York City ... home of the New York Yankees.  It's never boring in the city.  There's always something happening in the city.  Statue of Liberty, Empire State Building, Wall Street, Museums... 
butterfly843
A Cherry on Top
Gallery: 874

Post by butterfly843 »

I am about 20 minutes outside of NYC, where the shopping is amazing.
chris_cubed
Cherry Bing

Post by chris_cubed »

I'm surrounded by beautiful beaches within walking distance from almost anywhere I go on the island!
~Krissi-Lee
Live, Love & Have Kids!!!
lorihuhn
Cherry Blossom
Gallery: 36

Post by lorihuhn »

I live in West Valley Utah.I love being back home. I love living here becasue there is so much to do. There are museums, parks, the zoo tons of shopping and restraunts.. I look out my window to the east and see the most magnificant mountains right now they are covered in snow when the sun hits them WOW.We have the great salt lake and were else could you live where they are proud to be behind the times 20 years!
tbroussard
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 54

Post by tbroussard »

Abbeville, Louisiana.   The Blob was filmed here.   Not the one from the 50s, but the cheesy one from the 80s.    Home of the Cattle Festival.  Drive thru daiquiri places, and crawfish patios.  State wide LA has some of the best food in the country, IMHO.
Scrapnelle
Sweet Cherry Pie
Gallery: 12

Post by Scrapnelle »

I live near the highest mountain in Kansas~~ Mount Sunflower
cat1393
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 221

Post by cat1393 »

I'm about 15 miles from a house that Al Capone stayed at. Can we say woohoo! not
averys_mom
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 293

Post by averys_mom »

Just gotta add another one!  The town we lived in before we moved here is home to Big Sky Carvers!Mandi
harper828
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 16

Post by harper828 »

There is nothing better than living in NYC.  Shopping, Theatre, Zoos, Museums, Restaurants and ME!!
chattyscrapper
Sweet Cherry Pie
Gallery: 85

Post by chattyscrapper »

Let's see. I'm in Bay City, MI which is in the crack of the mitten, literally...   We are a MI Cool City and we have lots of antique and shops in our downtown. We get a lot of tourists during summer and special events like our Tall Ships, River Roar, 4th Fireworks. There is an event almost every weekend in the summer. Oh... and I'm not sure how we do per capita on bars.. but there is like one every time you turn  a corner. So, if you come to visit, you definitely won't go thirsty... ETA...  Bay City is by the Saginaw Bay so lots of water activities on the river. You know your important when you have a Hooters...lol..
scrapin4me
Cherry Picker
Gallery: 31

Post by scrapin4me »

Nice quite pure country..
j3xs
Cherry Blossom
Gallery: 411

Post by j3xs »

Well, NY is home tot he Yankees which I am sure going to miss when I move. I am also near Fire Island a barrie beach that keeps Long Island from washing away. East is the homes of the rich and famous "The Hamptons"Josephine
betseymae
Cherry Berry
Gallery: 70

Post by betseymae »

I live in southern New Jersey. A short drive to the Jersey shore - Atlantic City you can try your luck on the slots/shop at outlets/Ocean City/Wildwood for the boardwalk/Cape May's victorian charm (a must do).
Kari_H
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 246

Post by Kari_H »

We have our small town "festival" in the winter, it is a cross country ski race (actually there is more than one race). It is called the Vasaloppet. Figures that I would move to a town that has the festival in FEBRUARY! Brrr!
Kari ----- "Women with whips, 82% more likely to get what they want."

Check out my site! http://countryroadphotography.zenfolio.com/
Queen Mum
Cherry Addict
Gallery: 185

Post by Queen Mum »

I currently live in Lebanon NHI live about a mile from Hanover NH - home of Dartmouth College.   Dartmouth was established as a shool for Indians (Now called Native Americans)

THis  is a beautiful area of New England with lots of history.    

I'm near the Connecticut River.   The Connecticut River was used by te Indians and early settlers to travel up to Canada from the earlier settlements in MA. 

The Connecticut River was very important to the economy of the area.   Many mills were built on the river.   The river was also used for log drives. 

We are within a few  hours of the ocean, the mountains (near the Whitle Mountains of New Hampshire and the Green Mountains of Vermont)  MOntreal and Boston. 

My only complaint is that is's so COLD in winter......
maryplus5
Sweet Cherry Pie
Gallery: 93

Post by maryplus5 »

I live in Macomb Michigan...which is a suburb of good ole DETROIT  Michigan....We can get to another country in 40 minutes....The Ambassador Bridge takes us to Windsor Ontario...where I go all summer to our cottage!  At the moment Detroit is famous for their Mayor!   You see Kwamie is involved in a HUGE   "SEX, LIES, and TEXT MESSAGENING" Scandal!  That is ALL you hear about on the news..it was fun about a month ago...We are also proud of our Detroit Lions....They have only been to ONE playoff game in the past 50 years!!!!  And yes...people...silly ,silly people(myself included) continue to BUY season  tickets and go watch them lose year after year after year!  We do have the Pistons, Tigers and my favorite Red Wings to give us very exciting seasons!We are currently in our own state of "depression" . Everyone is losing their jobs and homes...and moving out of state.  Our Governor warned us all '"In 5 years..You will be BLOWN away"...How right she was/is! Michigan is a beautiful state to visit and we do have lots to do year round.  I personally enjoy all the seasons and would not want to live elsewhere! 
Art_Teacher
Cherry Crush
Gallery: 2362

Post by Art_Teacher »

Ummmm...London, Ohio....small town, near Columbus, not too fabulous, I don't think.  It is where Dick LeBeau, former Bengals coach and assistant coach for Pittsburgh Steelers is from. But, that's all I've got!  LOL! Still I love living here...the people are friendly and it's still got the small town atmosphere.

Return to “Winter Crop 2008”