We're celebrating World Card Making Day with 20% off the regular price of everything! Use code CARDS20

FurBaby_Mom

Wild Cherry

I need help with a quote (for the funeral)
 Okay, so I have been elected to give a talk about my grandma at her funeral on Friday.  I'm happy to do it because we were close.  BUT I haven't written an essay in years!!!  I'm looking for some type of quote that relates to mothering.  I'm going to divide my grandma's life into three areas...her love of education, her devotion to charity, and her religious devotion....I'm tying this to each of her children's chosen professions: a college professor, an inner city counselor (my mom), and a pastor.  I want to say how she left her mark and influenced her children....something like that.  My grandma was a really strong (and VERY stubborn) woman so her convictions were equally as strong.  Sometimes to a fault.  But I wanted to gear this 'speech' to her kids and wanted to tie my grandma's strengths to them.
Any ideas?!?!  I'm freaking out about this.
Oh, and by the way, my migraine is gone...finally :)
Amy
"hoarder of supplies"

Kara

Cherry Jubilee

Re: I need help with a quote (for the funeral)
 no ideas but I wanted to say that I am glad your migraine is gone and that I know you will do a great job!!!
Image \ ImageImage

clairbug

Cherry Bing

Could you use the Scripture: Train up a child in the way he should go and when he is old he will not depart from it. It's in Proverbs...I'll have to look it up to give you the exact location.

You could talk about how her mom trained her...how she educated...how she trained her kids....and it would obviously tie in to the religious devotion. And you could talk about how she is helping you to "train up a child".

ETA: It's Proverbs 22:6

Art_Teacher

Cherry Crush

That is a good scripture, Clair! 

I don't have a quote for you, Amy, but best of luck.  I had to speak at my Grandma's funeral, along with my brother and my cousins, and I could barely read what I had written through my tears.  But, I did do it...my mistake was following my brother! I wanted to do it for my Grandma and for my Mom, and that's how I made it through.

HUGS!
Laura
 Image    Image         

CarolLynn

Cherry Bing

I don't have a quote for you, but just start writing and I have a feeling the words will flow.  They will come from your heart, and that's what counts.
Go confidently in the direction of your dreams... live the life you have imagined. -Thoreau

MaBuglet

A Cherry on Top

We used this one for my Nonnie:

“Some people come into our lives and quickly go. Some stay for awhile and leave footprints on our hearts. And we are never, ever the same".
CHEERS~~

Pegster

Sweet Cherry Pie

I am not good at that kind of thing either, but I just seen this and wanted to say I was sorry for your loss.
Peggy

dianagirly

Cherry Cropper

Return to “General Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee