We're celebrating World Card Making Day with 20% off the regular price of everything! Use code CARDS20

jmo95

Cherry Cola

Re: What's for dinner?
 We had spaghetti and meatballs and garlic bread.  It is cold and rainy and yucky here....that is what elijanna requested on such a dreary day. 
Jenn
Don't fear the challenge, challenge the fear.

Image Image

Renee

Chocolate Covered Cherry

:-D Burgers, corn and mac. salad..YUM

Keling

Cherry Jubilee

I'm supposed to make them dinner too????

It'll be whatever anyone finds...
Sara

emarie803

Cherry Jubilee

Frozen dinners, cuz I didn't have it in mey to cook today.

mommy2bean

Cherry Garcia

I made a turkey meatloaf in the crockpot (first time using this recipe) and corn and rice and a nice salad.

AnnOminous

Chocolate Covered Cherry

I've got a steak thawing.  Can this count for the use your stash challenge?   :winkb:  LOL I had my freezer stuff full with steak that I got on sale.  For a while the grocery stores here were putting on very good sales on steak.  It even got to be like a price war, going down to $3.77 a pound in the value pack for t-bones and ribeyes!  :-D

lilkoala3

Bowl Full of Cherries

I'm going out, as usual, since I don't have a kitchen.  We're having Vietnamese food.  I'll probably have pho (noodle soup).
Leslie

MiasMommy

Sweet Cherry Pie

hotdogs
Christina

-Shannon-

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Boring dinner here tonight. Rigatonni pasta with meat sauce.
- Shannon

I have an everyday religion that works for me. Love yourself first, and everything else falls into line.
-Lucille Ball

deerewife

Cherry Jubilee

We had filets, frozen sweet corn (from home) and a salad.  Of course, tasted wonderful since my dad and step mom cooked!
Jenna
Image Image Image Image

Jenna - Mom to Emily (2/02) & Kaitlyn (2/04)

Beth-W

Featured Guest Coordinator

Lean cuisine.  :winkb:
~Beth
"Make it bigger, make it badder, make it awesome" -Duff Goldman
"They need a hero to tell them that sometimes the impossible can become possible, if you're AWESOME!" -Rhino

http://latteonthebrain.blogspot.com/

ImageImage

dianagirly

Cherry Cropper

We had thin terriyaki strips, served burger style. Cheddar broccoli rice on the side, and strawberry-cucumber salad. It was yummy!

Queen Mum

Cherry Addict

Left over chili last night.

Tonight is shepard pie.
Queen Mum - Grammy to Princess Bump (Lisa Giann) and Princess Bean (Gia Bella)

scrapmomma02

Sweet Cherry Pie

I think we are having a fish fry tonight. Last night I made some chicken parm ( first time ever ) and it was pretty good.
TIA

Mommybruno

Cherry Cola

DH made chicken and corn on the cob on the grill. Yummy! Tonight, we're having leftovers.
Cassandra
"I tend to live in the past because most of my life is there." --Herb Caen
ImageImageImage

writerlady

Bowl Full of Cherries

[quote="ScrapGoo"] Oh lawd.... I have pork carnitas cooking right now and the smell has been killing me all afternoon!  I'll be making some pico de gallo to go with it.  What's on the menu tonight for you guys?

This sounds delicious... would you please share the recipe?  also for the pico de gallo?  Thank you from the bottom of my tummy.
[/quote]
Please stop by my blog,Writerlady's Craftroom

ScrapGoo

Cherry Jubilee

This sounds delicious... would you please share the recipe?  also for the pico de gallo?  Thank you from the bottom of my tummy.

It was really yummy but I don't really have a recipe for either!  Here is what I did:

For the pork:  I put a 2lb pork butt (could use any loin or shoulder) in my crock pot and made a rub of 1/2 a pack of fajita seasoning, garlic, chili powder, cilantro, ground corriander, and cumin.  I didn't measure and the amount really can vary depending on how seasoned you like the meat.  It is hard to go wrong!  I let it cook on low for 8ish hours (this depends on your slow cooker) until the pork literally just falls apart when you pick it up.  Then I use two forks to gently shred it and put it back in the pot with the juices.  You can taste it at this time and add more spices or any kind of broth if you need more moisture.

The pico is also just by taste.  I combine a few finely diced tomatoes, some onion (red onion works wonderfully), some jalepeno (remove the seeds and be careful how much of it you add because the heat varies from pepper to pepper!), chopped cilantro to taste (we like a lot), salt, and a fresh squeezed lime.  I could DRINK this stuff!

writerlady

Bowl Full of Cherries

Thank you so very much!  I will definately try this.  My husband is Puerto Rican, so I make a lot of spanish food, but haven't made this before.
Please stop by my blog,Writerlady's Craftroom

baltoscrapper

Bowl Full of Cherries

Pork tornados (pork wrapped in bacon) on the barbie and some kind of sides....
I used to be a "celebrity cherry", but now I'm in re-hab...... Holy Carp!

Return to “General Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee