Get FREE shipping with your $35 order with code FREESHIP35

evilqueen

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Re: So you're home alone...
 I never answer the door.  We have alot of kids coming around alway selling something like magazines or newpaper.  I tell them no but they are so pushy.
Here I come to save the day! Chas
I'm the crazy lizard lady
http://scrapinlizards.blogspot.com/

nun69

Cherry Jubilee

nope!
Image~Angie~

AnnOminous

Chocolate Covered Cherry

One of the advantages of having a house full of barking cocker spaniels!!

emarie803

Cherry Jubilee

Ann, how many cockers do you have?

SarahA

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Hecks no!

My dh is a cop & has me so paranoid that every drug dealer/robber/rapist/murderer is lurking around somewhere that I never answer it alone- I even keep it locked all day!

milmomma

Chocolate Covered Cherry

We are another couple on post, not many knock. I peek out the window to see if I know themif not I ignore them, tv turned way up so I pretend I can't hear them! Hehehehe. And I too deadbolt all my doors, lock my windows. Too many weirdos out there!

-Tracy-

Wild Cherry

I keep my door locked all the time too. I remember when we didn't have to do that. :?
On a molecular level, I'm very busy.

Miss Daisy-NC

Cherry Garcia

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!
Charlotte

Kimandasmo

Cherry Jubilee

Nope-- as a matter of fact I didnt even anwser when a cop was ponding on my door a few months ago because I had just stepped outta the shower and didnt know who it was. Later my neighbors told me it was a cop because we had something going on in the neighborhood.

CarolinaGrl

Cherry Berry

No way! there are so many bad things going on anymore in this world, watching the news and such~ is so scarey!
ImageImageImageImage

-Shannon-

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Nope.
- Shannon

I have an everyday religion that works for me. Love yourself first, and everything else falls into line.
-Lucille Ball

LKappy

Cherry Garcia

Rarely. A girl down the street from me (years ago) was raped and killed by a delivery guy! Can't even trust the ones in suits.
~*Lisa*~

Leeanna

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Negatory, I never answer it.
Image Image

2Bizi

Cherry Bomb

Nah.   But then I'm rarely home and even more rarely there alone!
2Bizi
Choices are never hard if we are not afraid of bringing change..

MiasMommy

Sweet Cherry Pie

No, even if Dh is home I dont like to answer if I wasnt expecting someone.  If I look out the peep hole and dont know them I still dont answer.  Sometimes im worried about acting lilke we are not home.  Because if they are just casing the place then they will think we arent home and try to break in.  So if I dont want to open the door I just yell we arent intersted and they leave.

But about 2 years ago we were living in another apartment across town.  It was a weeknight about 8pm i just finished mopping the kitchen a put the mop out on the patio to dry.  I notice a teenage boy walking up the apts across the walk way he knocked and no one answers.  I closed the patio door and watched him.  I seen him coming over to our walkway.  I went to the door and watched him out the peephole.  He knocked on my neighbors door right across the way.  Or doors were like about 5 to 10 steps away from each other.  They didnt answer so he knocked on our door.  I wasnt going to answer but the DH got up and opened the door.  He said he was selling magazine but had nothing with him.  (very suspious (SP?)  So I told DH to shut the door and he did.  The then looked out the peep hole and he then again knocked on my neighbors door but when he did he had his back to their door while knocking.  He waited a few mintues no one answered.  He then went to the upstairs niegbors and the ones directly above us open the door(2 guy roommates)  They said no thank you and shut the door.  They he went back to the set of apartement across the walkway and knocked at the door he had just knocked at.  And then he tried to look threw their peephole.  I called the cops.  They said they would send someone out.  They also thought it was funny that they were selling something but had nothing with them.  Not even paper to right notes or an address.
about 20 minutes later the patrol office who had sent to our place called me and said she drove threw the whole complex and didnt see anyone but if I seen or heard something or someone else to call back.
about 45 minutes later someone else a different teenage now was knocking at my door.  I didnt open the door but called the police back.  about 10 minutes later the same cop called back (she was really nice) and said she again didnt see anyone walking around but would stay in the area for as long as she could.  They didnt come back that night.  But I didnt sleep at all that night.
The next day I told DD daycare provider and she said that in her MIL neighborhood (about 5 miles from both of us) during the day guys were acting like they were selling things and when some opened the door they would tie up and rape the women and rob them.  To scaary.

Sorry so long
Christina

AnnOminous

Chocolate Covered Cherry

emarie, I plead the 5th - more than I am suppose to!!! 

emarie803

Cherry Jubilee

Well, they're all super cute!!

wahoo_mom

Cherry Garcia

You all are really making me think!  I always just look out the window to see who it is, then step outside with them if I don't know them.  Yea, that is probably bad.  We live in a rural area.  If they get past our dog (who really only looks scary), they probably aren't looking for an easy target.  It has always been someone harmless - looking for directions, lost cattle, an egg customer, etc.  Years ago there was actually a knock on our front door after dark.  Fortunately DH was home because it kind of freaked me out.  It was a very scared HS boy.  He had been at a party and took off across the fields when he heard sirens.
Heidi
Image ImageImageImage

AnnOminous

Chocolate Covered Cherry

My cockers say thank you and send you a cocker kisses!!

Several of the cockers that I have scrapped no longer live with me.  I do miss them, but I learned the hard way that you can't keep them all!

ljones2019

Cherry Tart

Depends... usually no, but I love the Latter Day Saint people, but i am one :D

Return to “General Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee