Hold me...I'm scared

Moderators: MamaK321, ACOT Employee

MaBuglet
A Cherry on Top
Gallery: 382

Hold me...I'm scared

Post by MaBuglet »

I'm getting ready to download Isabel's awesome "Cool Sensations" kit.  Once I download it, should I save it to a disc and then remove it from my computer or do I keep it on my computer?  I just got a brand new computer today and it runs in a timely fashion.  I'd like to keep it that way :-D
CHEERS~~
imwickedwitch
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 545

Re: Hold me...I'm scared

Post by imwickedwitch »

OH NOES! You dint! :sleeping:

I keep the unzipped files on my computer and burn a copy of the zipped files onto a CD just in case.
Becky

Image Image Image
Janell
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 588

Post by Janell »

Ma one kit won't slow down your computer, but the more you put on YES it will slow it down a lot.  So when you get hooked on digi :)  You'll want to invest in an external harddrive that way it won't slow things down for you.
-If it's scrappy it makes me happy!
Laura Fiore
Wild Cherry
Gallery: 1270

Post by Laura Fiore »

C'mon Jamie--jump in!  If'n I'm heading to the dark side, I don't wanna go alone! :-D
sarahwhithers
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 2269

Post by sarahwhithers »

What's going on in this place? all you paper gals are coming to the dark side! I love it!!
BurgerL
Cherry Blossom
Gallery: 16

Post by BurgerL »

Oh you ladies are cracking me up with the dark side talk! I used to do paper and I swore I would never give it up, but once I started to understand digi, well I have never goen back except now some hybrid projects! It is just enough paper to keep me happy!
Make sure you burn stuff on DVD's to safe keeping. And keep on hard drive or an external!
Laura Burger
ACOT Designer
Come check out the blog http://digidesignerlaura.blogspot.com/ Sign up for the Newsletter
Coupon codes at times, updates on products, a challenge here and there and much more
pjw
A Cherry on Top
Gallery: 376

Post by pjw »

Well, not everyone has gone to the dark side.  Some of us still see the light! :-D
FairyMouseMom
Cherry Addict
Gallery: 943

Post by FairyMouseMom »

Sorry....I just picked myself up off the floor!  :-D
Egle ~ Let the things you love be your escape. ~
I am addicted to alphabets!....and papers.....and....

Image Image Image
MLee
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 404

Post by MLee »

Well, not everyone has gone to the dark side.  Some of us still see the light! [img]../../../images/smilies/smile_lol_16.png[/img]
LOL - I'm still papering with you. :-D Before long they're going to have to make ACOT an all digi site. There are fewer and fewer paper scrappers every week! :?

MaBuglet
A Cherry on Top
Gallery: 382

Post by MaBuglet »

pahaha  There's no promises that I'll do anything more with it than download it, but I am taking a digi class from work.  They "suggest" it as a good tool to have and offer it up for free for us.  I did think it would be cool to use Isabel's kit though, I did help name it and all :-D

So...put it on my computer zipped and save it unzipped on my disc.  Any chance these come with elastic bands instead?  :grayconfused: pahaha 
CHEERS~~
Art_Teacher
Cherry Crush
Gallery: 2397

Post by Art_Teacher »

LOL, Ma!  I knew we could turn you! ;)  I have heard that the zipped files are more easily corrupted, so definitely save an unzipped copy on a disc, and I have kits that I use frequently unzipped on my computer in a digi scrapping folder.  It doesn't slow it down much.  Usually you can save 5 or 6 large kits on a disc, so I wait until I have that many and then save them....believe me, it doesn't take long.  LOL!  Soon you will be hoarding digi kits as much as paper!
Laura
 Image    Image      Image   
girlsmommy
Cherry Bomb
Gallery: 172

Post by girlsmommy »

No, Jamie, come back to the light. Don't do it!  :winkb:
Stacie

Image Image Image Be who you are, not who you think you should be.
lizziej
Bowl Full of Cherries
Gallery: 81

Post by lizziej »

WHAT?!?!  I had to read your thread twice.  LOL  Just kidding!  I don't think Isabel knows just how special she is if you're downloading one of her kits! 

Ditto what Janello said!
Liz - HOOK 'EM HORNS!!
The only good addict is an alpha addict!
scrapsakes
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 451

Post by scrapsakes »

oh my... what's this world coming to?!
 i did a digi page too for the last crop!

now, here's a perfect slogan for us, lol  :winkb:
"a heart in love with beauty never grows old" Image (turkish proverb)
milmomma
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 67

Post by milmomma »

LOL, I've started to switch somewhat! I've even cleaned out my stash of paper sb stuff.... not sure if i'm ready to do a full jump yet.
Laura Fiore
Wild Cherry
Gallery: 1270

Post by Laura Fiore »

HA Grace! No wonder I'm having so much fun playing on the dark side...it's the cookies!
nene
Cherry Delight
Gallery: 572

Post by nene »

I've read this thread 3 times now and I am just now coming out of my fetal position.
What time exactly should we expect the sky to fall?
Image Image
Rosa sat so that Martin could walk. Martin walked so that Barack could run. Barack ran so that our children could fly.
Amberpony
Cherry Picker
Gallery: 66

Post by Amberpony »

You Gals are to Funny!

My years of experiance with backing up on disk. Buy the good discs not the cheap ones. I have lost the whole BU but lucky for my I am perinoid and double & Triple BU. And I save my zipped files as wishful thinking. (extra back up/ fingers crossed) But I also save my unzipped Files. The unzipped files are more stable. BTW now that External Hard Drives are reasonable I am a firm believe. i leave one at my Ranch as extra BU and Haul one with me everywhere I go ( in the original Box) I have all my Christian Music, Pictures and Digi just have to plug it in. I do keep my Digi files from my favorite sites and 2 Years of Pics on my labtop so I can go wireless if I want.

Good Luck in the Digi World. But Remember a good round of paper scrapping soothes the soul!

Diana
92 Memory Pages So Far In 2009
ImageImage ImageImage
Layla
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 156

Post by Layla »

Ma?  Are you digi scrapping?  what has happened while I've been away?!  :blueinlove:
~Layla
Pinky Up! The higher you hold it, the fancier you are!
bluejeans7
Bowl Full of Cherries
Gallery: 571

Post by bluejeans7 »

I'm with Patti!!  I like to touch my supplies and get messy when I scrap!  LOL!!  No dark side for me. :winkb:

Return to “Digital Talk”